Fire Everyone (Soon)

adam

Just now, BearFan PHX said:

I agree, but I don't see much hope that Getsy is a keeper either. We need a new QB and a new coaching staff.

The question to me is whether Poles stays. I think he does, but if you have a shot at someone like Jim Harbaugh and hes gonna want more input on players, if Poles cant handle that, he can go too.

We need SOMEONE who is a WINNER with VISION.

I don't think Poles is going anywhere for a few years at least. And I too do not believe the coaching staff should be kept. We need an offense-minded winner with a vision that will fit Poles'/Bears jackpot in the 2024 draft.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

I agree, but I don't see much hope that Getsy is a keeper either. We need a new QB and a new coaching staff.

The question to me is whether Poles stays. I think he does, but if you have a shot at someone like Jim Harbaugh and hes gonna want more input on players, if Poles cant handle that, he can go too.

We need SOMEONE who is a WINNER with VISION.

So you mean someone like Sean Payton or Bill Bellchick? Or a great offensive mind Brian DaBoll.

LOL I have never seen a grown man act so butthurt about a football team in my life.

Somehow the rest of us are capable of disagreeing without acting like babies. There are people on this board who think the exact opposite of me about this, and yet we arent angry at each other or making childish little remarks.

I think you need to put on your big boy pants. The nature of talking about sports is that people dont agree, and they DO in fact criticize players and coaches who have such awful losing records.

Oh, and Belichick is a LOT better than Eberflus. He has a depleted roster this year, but he is still one of or the best coach of all time.

6 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

Disagree.  Justin blew that game.  He's not seeing hot reads on blitzes.  Someone mentioned the lack of slants.  He can't throw them.  It's a fatal flaw in the NFL.  Washington did not blitz him, which shows how dumb or arrogant Rivera is.  

Oh, I am not saying Fields isn't to blame. He is, but Getsy had 10 days to prep with Fields and Co, and that is the shit sandwich they deliver? 3 straight WR screens? 

3 minutes ago, adam said:

Oh, I am not saying Fields isn't to blame. He is, but Getsy had 10 days to prep with Fields and Co, and that is the shit sandwich they deliver? 3 straight WR screens? 

for sure - it's both of them. That was the worst gameplan - for a team you KNEW was gonna blitz too.

The first play is a perfect example. You have an empty backfield, against a blitz heavy team! Why? Then they show 6 guys up front. We only have five to block them. Justin does nothing to adjust from the poor play call. He stands in the pocket with no urgency and seems surprised when the 6th guy, unblocked, hits him with a full head of steam.

Part of blitz protection is on the QB. They need to bring a guy in, roll out away from the pressure, release the ball early, find hot reads, audible away from the play ETC

Later in the game, on the play Justin got hurt, he was hit more than SIX seconds after the snap.

The only reason we arent sure that Getsy and Fields are awful is that it MIGHT be all the other one's fault. Well, it's both of them.

2 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

LOL I have never seen a grown man act so butthurt about a football team in my life.

Somehow the rest of us are capable of disagreeing without acting like babies. There are people on this board who think the exact opposite of me about this, and yet we arent angry at each other or making childish little remarks.

I think you need to put on your big boy pants. The nature of talking about sports is that people dont agree, and they DO in fact criticize players and coaches who have such awful losing records.

Oh, and Belichick is a LOT better than Eberflus. He has a depleted roster this year, but he is still one of or the best coach of all time.

I just react to comments you make and then you start bashing men. If you keep going there, I will follow. You make this stupid comment over me posting some. stats 

(If you truly mean what youre saying, then youre saying if you were Chiefs GM, youd trade Mahomes for Fields?) 

2 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

I just react to comments you make and then you start bashing men. If you keep going there, I will follow. You make this stupid comment over me posting some. stats 

(If you truly mean what youre saying, then youre saying if you were Chiefs GM, youd trade Mahomes for Fields?) 

Yeah but there is nothing personal in that. You were comparing Fields to Mahomes, so i asked if you really meant it. I do try if you notice to also post my agreement with what you say when we agree, so im not like trying to rile you up or anything. I hope that helps.

55 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

Yeah but there is nothing personal in that. You were comparing Fields to Mahomes, so i asked if you really meant it. I do try if you notice to also post my agreement with what you say when we agree, so im not like trying to rile you up or anything. I hope that helps.

Anyone that would trade Mahomes for Fields would have to be a complete idiot. Suggestion that I would do that isn't exactly a compliment. But okay.

10 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

Anyone that would trade Mahomes for Fields would have to be a complete idiot. Suggestion that I would do that isn't exactly a compliment. But okay.

Im arguing that Fields sucks. You were comparing him to Mahomes, so I was saying "no, theyre nothing alike" but I didnt want to be mean or attacking, so i put it as a question "do you really think Mahomes and Fields are comparable?" Because i dont, and it seemed to me you were saying they were. And the funny thing is you agree with me so much that you were insulted (which i wasnt trying to do) so then Im back to the obvious point - so how can you compare them?

I wanted Fields to be good. He has a lot of great tools. But for whatever reason, he hasnt sped up his processing. What he has that keeps him in the statistical conversation is:

last year he was one of the best running QBs ever
he had two statistically good games in a row against defenses that left receivers wide open

and to me, neither of those things means anything, unless or until he starts stacking those kind of statistical passing performances week after week against defenses that cover better.

I think this may be the classic stats vs eye test argument?

and it is also the "im rooting for him" vs "I think its time to move on" argument

both are classic sports debates that go on with every team.

So really, I promise Im not trying to bait you. I just disagree with you, and Im trying to put it in the nicest way possible, while still arguing my side?

I dont think Fields is great but he is here for the rest of this year so I try to find reasons to support him.  My argument has always been that this year will determine his future. Even with the injury, he still has some games to play. Im just not writing him off when you have an inconsistent play caller and a line that doesnt give him time to succeed. He is a hard worker, tough competitor, best running QB in the league. He was given DJ this year and it has helped in his development. Yes your criticism has merit, if he cant correct that, he's not a franchise QB but the year isnt over with yet. His first year with Nagy was a disaster so I so i dont even count that year as development. I look at him as in his second year and am finding out the play calling isnt helping him succeed .Even though he played bad defenses, Getsy had a moving pocket,  gave him any RPOs to run. Instead of establishing the run and giving him play action , he sets him in the pocket to get hammered from a team that blitzed 71% of the time. Bagent comes in in the same scenario but was given quick throws, to 3 steps and throw, any time he took longer , he made mistakes, fumble and interception. Fields deserves blame for bad play but play calling and OL did not do him any favors. Several QBs had bad days on Sunday, Allen, Hurts, Purdy, Fields was not alone.

5 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Bagent comes in in the same scenario but was given quick throws, to 3 steps and throw, any time he took longer , he made mistakes, fumble and interception. Fields deserves blame for bad play but play calling and OL did not do him any favors. Several QBs had bad days on Sunday, Allen, Hurts, Purdy, Fields was not alone.

Word.

I was watching a video analysis of last Sunday (I'll try and find them and share), one of Fields and one of Bagent, and in both of them you can clearly see how bad the oline was, esp along the left side. There were two times within close proximity (can't remember if it was when Fields was on the field or Bagent) that Borom was sitting on the ground. And another where Jenkins completely whiffed.  Yes there were highlights of Justin missing some reads but there were just as much (if not more) illustrations of bad oline play.  I'd say D- on oline play and F on play-calling...but that's just me.

16 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Word.

I was watching a video analysis of last Sunday (I'll try and find them and share), one of Fields and one of Bagent, and in both of them you can clearly see how bad the oline was, esp along the left side. There were two times within close proximity (can't remember if it was when Fields was on the field or Bagent) that Borom was sitting on the ground. And another where Jenkins completely whiffed.  Yes there were highlights of Justin missing some reads but there were just as much (if not more) illustrations of bad oline play.  I'd say D- on oline play and F on play-calling...but that's just me.

I saw those too. Borom just sitting on the ground, useless.

1 hour ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Yup.  It’s hard if not impossible for any QB to thrive with that, let alone generational talent.  Just ask Andrew Luck.   

IMG_5756.jpeg

That's what superior coaching gets in the NFL. 🤢🤮

• 2 weeks later...

So when does Poles get any blame? He has taken a 6-win, 49-sack team and transformed it into a 5-20 team with 30 sacks (in its last 25 games). 

How much more to do we need to see of Flus and his stellar defense? Flus' defenses have beaten Brian Hoyer, Sam Howell, Davis Mills, Bailey Zappe, and Trey Lance. Only one of those QBs is still currently starting in the NFL, and even when the Bears beat Howell, he still threw for 388 yards. 

14 minutes ago, adam said:

So when does Poles get any blame? He has taken a 6-win, 49-sack team and transformed it into a 5-20 team with 30 sacks (in its last 25 games). 

How much more to do we need to see of Flus and his stellar defense? Flus' defenses have beaten Brian Hoyer, Sam Howell, Davis Mills, Bailey Zappe, and Trey Lance. Only one of those QBs is still currently starting in the NFL, and even when the Bears beat Howell, he still threw for 388 yards. 

His halftime interview pissed me off.  We are screaming for the defense to come up and stop the underneath stuff and he blamed it on poor tackling.  No!  It was zero pressure and a fifteen yard cushion, you twit!!  

Don't get me started on the bi-monthly O.C.

1 hour ago, Mongo3451 said:

His halftime interview pissed me off.  We are screaming for the defense to come up and stop the underneath stuff and he blamed it on poor tackling.  No!  It was zero pressure and a fifteen yard cushion, you twit!!  

Yeah, how can you expect to stop someone with that big of a cushion on every play. So you are not covering anyone while you are not pressuring anyone. So frustrating. 

With all that cap space, this is the team that Poles assembled. 

2 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

The tackling was pretty horrendous (after a few weeks of excellent tackling). There was no pressure to be had - but this team is 32nd in the NFL in sacks.  It is that way for a reason - severe lack of talent on the Dline.  Herbert is a very good QB and they have Austin Eckler who is a machine on the dump off.  

32 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

but this team is 32nd in the NFL in sacks.  It is that way for a reason - severe lack of talent on the Dline. 

I was really hoping for big things from Ngokue.  His being able to add pressure was a big reason he came into the fold.  Especially after getting 9.5 sacks two seasons ago and another 10 last year I thought for sure by now he'd at least be halfway there.  

What we know: This is not a very good team, other than me, I dont think anyone had this team winning more than they lose. 

Losing brings negativity but  as an overall picture  , we have seen some progress.

The coaches just aren't good enough to make a young team better, color them gone but it wont be during the season.

We need more blue chip players or have some young guys progress quicker. 

IMO core pieces projecting at the end of the year. ( DJ Moore, Mooney, T Scott, Kmet, R Johnson, Khaill Herbert, D Kramer, Jenkins, B Jones, Nate Davis, D. Wright, J Carter, Carlos Santos, T. Gill, D Walker, Pickens, Dexter, Billings, T Edmunds, Edwards, Sanborn, Sewell, Gordon, Stevenson, T Smith, J Johnson, Jaylon Jones, Brisker, Bagent.

These are players that I think will be here when we start winning ( next year) but a few need to be resigned . Billings, JJ, Mooney,

This year was the year we see if Fields is our future. So far its not looking good for his future but he has time to change that narrative. If he doesnt we have the draft picks to get a new one. Bagent will just be a long time backup.  

The main thing we need to remember is this was a complete rebuild and we are only at 1 and half years in. I think the third year is the year we see what this rebuild has to offer. I think we win a few more games and have ups and downs.

Next year we will have a new coaching staff and Poles will add a new center, a couple of pass rushers, 3 T, another WR ,another TE, a couple of Ss, OL depth AND probably a new QB. I think then is when we become a winning team. If we have a history of Poles, he will sign one big contract (edge) and maybe a OC, DL, otherwise I think he drafts his team.

2 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

If we have a history of Poles, he will sign one big contract (edge) and maybe a OC, DL, otherwise I think he drafts his team.

I also believe it will be EDGE.  Hopefully, he drafts the best EDGE prospect and 3T as well. 

We should come out of next year's draft with the best EDGE, 3T, and center of the class.