Week 5 Official TNF Palate Cleanser Loss Thread - CHI @ WAS, THU, OCT 5, 715PM CDT, Amazon, +6.5, 44.5 O/U

adam

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Washington's defense is predicated on pressure, and when they don't get it, they get burnt. They are a top 5 passing defense on passes under 25 yards and 30th over 25 yards. 5 of 6 passing TDs are on passes 30 yards or more. 

57 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

He's not giving up his high school coaching job for the Bears, although I would love it.

It couldn't be any worse. Technically we would want a defensive guy to come in for Flus as someone would need to call the plays. Leslie Frazier or Singletary come to mind. 

Any coach with head coaching experience will not want to be interim head coach, and we wont want to sign anyone long term at this point because there will be more and better options after the season ends.

Only people looking to add head coach to their resume would consider this - OR - someone looking to rehabilitate their image.

Pat Fitzgerald anyone? Not as a long term answer, but an interim position?

43 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

Any coach with head coaching experience will not want to be interim head coach, and we wont want to sign anyone long term at this point because there will be more and better options after the season ends.

Only people looking to add head coach to their resume would consider this - OR - someone looking to rehabilitate their image.

Fun Fact: I went to high school with Pat, I was a year older than him. 

I would be good with it. Like I said before, it can't get worse. If you just sent the players to the game on their own, let the players call their own game, it would probably be better than what we have seen.

DVOA for this game:

WAS 24th 21st/18th
CHI 31st 28th/31st

Weighted scoring has Commanders by 4 pts, which is not that much considering they get 3 for being at home. So the Bears losing and covering the +6.5 spread seems like the most likely outcome. 

27 minutes ago, adam said:

Fun Fact: I went to high school with Pat, I was a year older than him. 

I would be good with it. Like I said before, it can't get worse. If you just sent the players to the game on their own, let the players call their own game, it would probably be better than what we have seen.

its a joke to think of a team with no head coach, but it might be true too. yikes.

tonight's performance will go a long way to defining the rest of the year.

3 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

Not sure the Bears would touch him with the hazzing situation but absolutely the best call in a midseason firing.

• adam unfeatured and unpinned this topic