Week 15 Official Game Thread - Bears at Browns, DEC 17th, 12pm, FOX, CHI +3, O/U 37

adam

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so on that high pass to Scott, I hate to say it, but Fields took too long to find him. He was open for a while, and Fields could have pulled the trigger instead of rolling out and throwing without his base under him. And of course thats what makes the ball sail.

7 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

yeah and he isnt a top tier QB either. Fields isnt the only one that isnt a top 5 QB I agree.

Fields' main weakness is getting the ball out faster. He is doing much better at it the past two weeks. I want to see him eliminate those wasted moments and be great.

I dont understand making excuses for him - dont we all want him to be great? that means improvement. We can disagree on whether he will achieve that, and disagree on whether to bet big on it, but it's what we all want right? So wouldnt we all want him to stop patting the ball?

That wasn't an excuse, pointing out that they all do it.  

6 minutes ago, adam said:

Remember Mooney lost the WAS game when he couldnt extend the ball 1/2 a foot. So this is the 2nd time he lost the game for the Bears, unbelievable.

after all the physical measurements etc, there are some players who are just winners. If it takes catching the ball on the top of your helmet in the Super Bowl to win, you find a way. The BEars have been beaten by GB QB last minute winner plays so many times - we know what it looks like.

Mooney is not a winner.

6 minutes ago, adam said:

Mooney can enjoy free agency, you had the winning TD in your hands on the ground, and you kick it up to a defender to lose the game? GTFO, DFA him the rest of the year, call up someone who is gonna actually try.

I seen enough of him.  He is not a difference maker.  He might be a decent #3, but he isn't worth it now when you have Scott on the team to take that roll. 

Just now, adam said:

This was a good chunk of 2nd string players for Cleveland, a terrible loss.

Flus, Getsy, and Fields need to go. We need an offense that scares people. Cleveland didnt give a crap about Fields running. 

now that the playoff window is mathematically closed, I hope people can see the truth of this.

We are so used to terrible here in Chicago that just OK looks too good to us. I want great and dominant.

You know who's killing it? Poles. Poles is stacking this roster. Poles is the reason the defense looks so good, not Eberflus. And you dont sacrifice having a HC just so that you can keep your DC as HC when hes not even innovating anyway.

These defenses arent tricky, the players are just executing. And boy are they looking good.

2 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

I seen enough of him.  He is not a difference maker.  He might be a decent #3, but he isn't worth it now when you have Scott on the team to take that roll. 

Exactly. Poles has already replaced him this past draft! He saw all of this before.

Remember when people were saying Mooney would be Fields' #1? Sheesh.

As good as some of the defense played, Cooper and Njoku had over 100 yards receiving (each) and the Bears got gashed for 4 plays over 40 yards. That feels like Safety failures to me. Brisker is not good in deep coverage and Jackson just pretends like he is playing. The INT he got was thrown right to him. 

7 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

I'm not going to give Mooney a hard time over that.  That stuff isn't easy when you are bouncing off the ground.

youre right. its not easy. its not what you train for or draw up in practice. its totally random and chaotic.

but it is part of that invisible thing about being a winner. the great ones all find a way to snag that ball 10/10 times.

13 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

I'm not going to give Mooney a hard time over that.  That stuff isn't easy when you are bouncing off the ground.

He was laying down with ball on his chest. All he had to do is go into the fetal position around the ball. 

• adam unfeatured and unpinned this topic