Week 15 Official Game Thread - Bears at Browns, DEC 17th, 12pm, FOX, CHI +3, O/U 37

adam

1 minute ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

I think Poles signed a 6 year deal so technically any HC he hires is basically aligned to Poles (he doesn’t get a 3rd hire unless the 2nd is a home run and wildly successful). 

I didnt realize that. That's good news.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, adam said:

Part of his job is to stop the bleeding, help out the defense when they are struggling. Denver is a terrible example for Fields. Fields literally lost the game as one of the Broncos TDs was on his fumble, that gave them 7 pts and the Bears lost by 3. The defense only allowed 24 pts, enough to win, but the offense scored 28 but gave up 7 for a net of 21. Then after the bleeding continued and there was a chance to win the game they had a turnover on downs and an INT to seal it. 

In the DET first meeting, after they were up 26-14, the offense went 3 and out for 1 yard (26 second drive) and 1 play fumble/safety. They needed one first down and it was game over, and they couldn't get it. The defense gets blame here too but the Bears need a QB that can get that first down. Fields always seems to come up short, whether it is his fault or not. 

I will grant you everything you stated but do you honestly think a rookie QB is going to respond more consistently? Would a rookie QB get us up 28-14? Fields had good and bad plays in both of those games. He is not an elite QB, I dont think anyone has said that but to assume a rookie QB will automatically be better is misguided. Poles needs to keep building the team, try and find a better QB and align whatever it takes to win games. Play calling also failed in prime situations , its just not one reason for failure. Parker has said it best in another thread about the best approach to the future, sometimes stepping back from the reality of the season gives you a better perspective. 

5 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

He is not an elite QB, I dont think anyone has said that

I certainly would not say that.  But I would say less skilled and/or qualified QBs have “won” SBs.  Being “elite” doesn’t guarantee it.  In his prime, how many SBs has Rodgers won?  

And of the current “elite” QBs they all have flaws.   Turned out Herbert currently leads all QBs in batted down passes, Josh Allen and Hurts lead NFL QBs in fumbles, Hurts also is near the top of the league in getting sacked (oddly because he plays a lot like Justin).  Wonder what the difference is in their respective teams’ success?  🤔

Here is the last 11 yrs of SB QBs. I would say Flacco, Wilson, Foles, and Stafford are not elite QBs. 7 were won by all time elite QBs that had great coaches and talented rosters.

Super Bowl 47: Joe Flacco (MVP), 3TDs
Super Bowl 48: Russell Wilson (Malcolm Smith), 2TDs
Super Bowl 49: Tom Brady (MVP), 4TDs
Super Bowl 50: Peyton Manning (Von Miller), 0TDs
Super Bowl 51: Tom Brady (MVP), 2TDs
Super Bowl 52: Nick Foles (MVP), 3 TDs
Super Bowl 53: Tom Brady (Julian Edelman), 0TDs
Super Bowl 54: Patrick Mahomes (MVP), 2 TDs
Super Bowl 55: Tom Brady (MVP), 3 TDs
Super Bowl 56: Matthew Stafford (Cooper Kupp), 3 TDs
Super Bowl 57: Patrick Mahomes (MVP), 3 TDs

Cooper/Njoku. Flacco is not stupid. He is throwing balls up to Cooper and Njoku and they are making him look amazing. The stats between them two and the rest of the team is comical. The Bears need to take note, just feed Moore and Kmet all day long with 90% of the targets, regardless of the coverage.

The last 3 games:

309 of 365 yards to Cooper/Njoku
213 of 374 yards to Cooper/Njoku
168 of 311 yards to Cooper/Njoku

compared to his first:

51 of 254 yard to Cooper/Njoku

His numbers to Cooper and Njoku just keep going up, and once they got over 50%, they started winning.

Just now, adam said:

Cooper/Njoku. Flacco is not stupid. He is throwing balls up to Cooper and Njoku and they are making him look amazing. The stats between them two and the rest of the team is comical. The Bears need to take note, just feed Moore and Kmet all day long with 90% of the targets, regardless of the coverage.

And their oline is patchwork.  The Bears handed them the W, like a few others so it is nice to know our team is on the cusp. A Center and a WR2 would make a difference, along with a QB that can pull the trigger