Week 15 Official Game Thread - Bears at Browns, DEC 17th, 12pm, FOX, CHI +3, O/U 37

adam

Flacco sacked again! HA!

I once spent an afternoon with Drew Brees, and another afternoon with Joe Flacco. In both cases, it was a couple days after they'd won the Super Bowl.

Brees is the nicest guy ever. Flacco is a total jerk.

Love to see Flacco getting hit.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, killakrzydav said:

I can't believe awe got Montrez Sweat so cheap!  Constant pressure really transformed this defense.

yeah, and imagine when we add another edge player to the mix. we are definitely ascending, and the window is opening for us.

3 minutes ago, Pixote said:

And for the critics who criticized Poles for making the trade, eat crow! 

yeah no kidding. I never understood criticizing that pickup.

Also, apparently they had Chase Young on the trading block and not Sweat, so Poles did an amazing job shaking him free at the last minute too.

Just now, killakrzydav said:

He's the MVP of our defense with only a half season of reps. Everything clicks. 

yeah. I like to think of it like a stone archway. if it needs 9 stones to hold up, you can 8 of them in place, but if you remove the brace, the whole thing collapses. But add that last stone, so they all rest on each other, and its stable.

Our defensive roster has been getting better, but until we had a pass rush, you couldnt see it. Now with that last stone in place, the whole thing clicks.

Football IS the ultimate team sport!

Fields has had a few quicker reads in this game too. Thats nice to see. Even on the incompletion to Moore, he made a faster decision. Now he needs to eliminate that pat of the ball before he throws it. It tells the DBs to break on the ball, and makes the ball a half a second later.

I do see growth from Fields in the last two games. But there is more to fix before I can buy into him.

1 minute ago, BearFan PHX said:

Fields has had a few quicker reads in this game too. Thats nice to see. Even on the incompletion to Moore, he made a faster decision. Now he needs to eliminate that pat of the ball before he throws it. It tells the DBs to break on the ball, and makes the ball a half a second later.

I do see growth from Fields in the last two games. But there is more to fix before I can buy into him.

The pat is the issue, it came back and that is the delay. He needs to get rid of it.

Just now, BearFan PHX said:

they do it ALL the time, on the bubble screens too. WHY

He either whiffs or just touches the guy. He could just run in front of the dude, just get between the defender and the ball carrier, geez, he is scared of contact.

Just now, adam said:

The pat is the issue, it came back and that is the delay. He needs to get rid of it.

sometimes there is other delay too, and he does seem to be doing better with that, but yes the pat has to go.

And I realize that asking a QB to consciously think about stuff like that during the season is a distraction. But they should have gotten rid of it in the preseason.

• adam unfeatured and unpinned this topic