Is Berrian a top 10 wr?

Connorbear

Check out the stats. There are at least 15 to 20 receivers I would consider above him. Hope he comes to his senses and realizes he is not getting top ten money.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tab...mp;d-447263-n=1

Peace :bears

Yeah - but the ACTUAL top 10 guys aren't free agents this year with a $116 millon cap.

Any deal that makes him a top 10 WR now, but where he won't be in 2 years, is probably a reasonable deal.

Last year it looked like he had the potential to be a top 10 WR, but he was way too inconsistent this year.

He made a few highlight reel catches, but that is about it. He is probably somewhere between 15-20.

Those stats include TEs, so he would be slightly higher on stats alone.

Things can get crazy in free agency. I really want him to stay a Bear, but not if he's getting paid top 10 money. I do think we will be significantly worse at the WR position if he does sign elsewhere, and he may be able to use that to squeeze more money out of the Bears if he re-signs. It doesn't seem like there's a whole lot of talent in the FA market, and I'd hate to be in a position where we end up feeling like we have to take a WR early in the draft, because we have plenty of needs as it is. I think he'll re-sign and it'll cost us more than it should, but hopefully he'll start living up to his potential.

What does the rest of the FA Wide receiver group look like? Whatever we think he is worth is pretty much moot. You have to look at where he falls compared to the rest of the group to get a good idea of what he is going to make. There is no way I believe he is a top 10 WR, but he sure as hell might get paid like one.

What does the rest of the FA Wide receiver group look like? Whatever we think he is worth is pretty much moot. You have to look at where he falls compared to the rest of the group to get a good idea of what he is going to make. There is no way I believe he is a top 10 WR, but he sure as hell might get paid like one.

Since Stokely resigned with Denver, Bryant Johnson, Patrick Crayton are the better ones. Unless you want a Randy Moss pipe dream.

Bryant Johnson has his own problems with dropping passes so consider that before choosing him over Berrian. I would say Berrian has been more consistent that Johnson over the last few years and keep in mind that Johnson is the #3 WR for the Cards so he goes up against the 3rd best CB.

I'd be ok if we paid Berrian equal money to what the 10th best WR contract is today. It would give him his goal and by the time the draft picks are signed he wouldn't be a top 10 anymore. Certainly wouldn't be top 10 a year or two from now which puts his contract in the middle which is where he should be.

Thats got poison pill written all over it

How would you poison pill a receiver the way the Vikings did with Hutchinson? No one's going to make him the highest paid player on their team, and he probably would be the highest paid WR on our team, so that eliminates the clause style they used. I'm curious as to what else might be used.

How would you poison pill a receiver the way the Vikings did with Hutchinson? No one's going to make him the highest paid player on their team, and he probably would be the highest paid WR on our team, so that eliminates the clause style they used. I'm curious as to what else might be used.

didn't the seahawks sign Burleson to a poion pill when they lost Hutchinson to Vikings????

I think Berrian is going to get paid hard by someone this off season. He has speed, and speed gets paid, period. Someone (can you say Al Davis or Jerry Jones?) will pay him a lot more than we will and he will be gone. I can really see Dallas, where Terry Glenn is on his last leg (almost literally), making a play for him. Unless he signs before the end of the season (HAHA) he will be gone.

Since Stokely resigned with Denver, Bryant Johnson, Patrick Crayton are the better ones. Unless you want a Randy Moss pipe dream.

I happen to think that Berrian is better than Bryant Johnson. Crayton grades out a bit better than Berrian but he also had a legit QB for the entire season and was the #2 which meant that it was much easier for him to get open as teams are consistently doubling TO.

I happen to think that Berrian is better than Bryant Johnson. Crayton grades out a bit better than Berrian but he also had a legit QB for the entire season and was the #2 which meant that it was much easier for him to get open as teams are consistently doubling TO.

I think Berrian is lazy. He doesn run routes well, he doesn't seem to get open that often, he doesn't block well, he takes plays off and he doesn't have top 15 hands. I would spend that money to keep him, let somebody else agonize over this stiff.