Yannick is gone

Stinger226

Tough loss, but I believe DomRob should be coming back soon. He has yet to play with Sweat.

Ngakoue has the 3rd highest # of snaps out of Edge rushers the last 2 weeks, behind Sweat and Walker. PFF hated Ngaokoue, he only had a 39.9 PFF Grade, which is basically tackling dummy level. His tackling was the worst on the team, Rush Def was bottom 2, and even Pass Rush was under average. 

2 hours ago, adam said:

Tough loss, but I believe DomRob should be coming back soon. He has yet to play with Sweat.

Ngakoue has the 3rd highest # of snaps out of Edge rushers the last 2 weeks, behind Sweat and Walker. PFF hated Ngaokoue, he only had a 39.9 PFF Grade, which is basically tackling dummy level. His tackling was the worst on the team, Rush Def was bottom 2, and even Pass Rush was under average. 

The “eye test” told me Ngakoue wasn’t as productive all year as I’d hoped. I had hoped with the addition of Sweat we’d see a significant uptick in his play.  We did, but very minimal. Your stats solidify that.  

I wonder now whether we should have kept Terrel Lewis or Trevis Gipson in reserve. I haven’t seen much from Robinson to think he’d be a better option than either of those two.  With Lewis you have a former first rounder (assuming he has some talent who has at least played his whole career in the position) and Gipson is somewhat familiar with the scheme and also has played DE his whole career.  Robinson is a converted WR?  

I think it was a case of long term vs short term thinking. It looked to me like Gipson was a better player than some we kept, but I dont think Gipson was ever the long term answer, and I think Poles was thinking that way - better to give reps to guys who might grow.

Obviously none of them compare to Sweat, or the free agent or rookie we are going to get this offseason.

Poles has been methodical and disciplined, with the exception of the first year when he was cutting dead weight, and took some flyers, especially at receiver.

I think our defense next year is going to be top 5. At least by roster.

8 hours ago, adam said:

Yeah, the eye test says we're not losing much.  We're not gaining much either but Walker is more stout on the edge as a run defender.   If we can get a bit more rush up the middle the edge will be ok.   Meaning we need the rookies to skip hitting the "rookie wall" and step up.   

Poles has had a few misses on picks but does well overall. At times Brisker and Gordon  didn't play well but they are coming into their own. Brisker looks like a future all pro . I think Dexter and Pickens has good upside. If Dexter becomes the 3T Poles envisioned, we may have something.

1 hour ago, killakrzydav said:

It's quite possible we already have our 3T on the team in the GMs mind. I've been on drafting a space eater like T'Vondre Sweat, McKinnley Jackson, or Tyleik Williams in the second to pair with an additional 3T like Newton or his Texas line mate Byron Murphy II.

Billings is an above average NT, but I think we need to keep drafting the position. I would think Dexter grows into the 3T  position, where does Zach Pickens play going forward? I would like Newton and another edge player. You seem to be more up on college players. What edge players can we get in 2nd, 3rd, 4th rounds to add outside? I view a lot of draft info but probably dont watch games as much as you. I trust your opinion.

4 minutes ago, killakrzydav said:

I like productive players over workout warriors. In the second, JT from OSU, Dorius from Oregon, and Trice from Washington. Braswell, Isaac, Eliss, and Issac are 3/4 rounders. We probably want to stay top 5 DEs IMO

Jalen Green is a wildcard. He could stay in the 7th to undrafted area or shoot into the third round

On that note, Greg Gabriel really praises Trice a lot. I like all of the first round projected edge, maybe we draft that position with our 2nd pick.