QB Decision Poll

adam

QB Decision  

13 members have voted

1. 1. You are Ryan Poles and the Bears get the #1 pick, what are you doing if you had to make the choice today?

• Keep Fields, trade the first pick
    • Keep Fields, draft MHJ with first pick
    • Draft a QB (Williams/Maye) with first pick, trade Fields
    • Draft a QB and keep Fields
    • Draft MHJ, trade Fields, draft QB later or sign Vet QB FA
    • Other, please describe in your comment

I took the first option. I want a boat load of picks for the number one, and possibly a player thrown in. However, I still want the Bears to draft a top prospect QB later in the first to develop behind Fields. There are many interesting options at QB this year beyond Williams and Maye.

7 minutes ago, Pixote said:

I took the first option. I want a boat load of picks for the number one, and possibly a player thrown in. However, I still want the Bears to draft a top prospect QB later in the first to develop behind Fields. There are many interesting options at QB this year beyond Williams and Maye.

I agree with this. I chose #5 to represent it, but I think we might mostly agree.

I chose 1, it will be a huge blessing if they can still draft MHJ, get a future 1st,  and a 2nd this year, if not more, and take a QB later.  The Bears still need more blue chips to help make any scenario work whether they go Caleb Williams or Fields.  They cannot go with Mooney as a #2 or Patrick at C.

27 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

I chose 1, it will be a huge blessing if they can still draft MHJ, get a future 1st,  and a 2nd this year, if not more, and take a QB later.  The Bears still need more blue chips to help make any scenario work whether they go Caleb Williams or Fields.  They cannot go with Mooney as a #2 or Patrick at C.

yeah, and salary cap considerations in effect, if youre a surround the QB with talent guy, then that goes with the draft a rookie QB scenario.

Rodgers lost Adams, Mahomes lost Hill etc.

And I fully admit if youve got a league beating QB, you pay him, but it does cost you other players around him.

7 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

yeah, and salary cap considerations in effect, if youre a surround the QB with talent guy, then that goes with the draft a rookie QB scenario.

Rodgers lost Adams, Mahomes lost Hill etc.

And I fully admit if youve got a league beating QB, you pay him, but it does cost you other players around him.

Keep that Carolina pick as a gift that keep giving.  2025 you have 2 firsts, if they have another high 2025 pick, trade that and so on.  Eventually you can let your talent walk if you keep drafting well

31 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Keep that Carolina pick as a gift that keep giving.  2025 you have 2 firsts, if they have another high 2025 pick, trade that and so on.  Eventually you can let your talent walk if you keep drafting well

well that extra first rounder doesnt always end up the #1 pick?

19 minutes ago, killakrzydav said:

Keep Fields, trade down minimally to snag MHJ, trade down again to snag Bowers. My preferred first round QB is Daniels. I also like Penix in the second.  Gun to my head, I want one of the top 7 receivers, the best TE, one of the top 3 centers, any freakin safety that isn't a bitch, and one of the top three Edge prospects.

I like your list a lot. I dont think MHJr is gonna make it past Arizona though. I dont think Penix is gonna make it to the 2nd round either.

But if you find a way to take Daniels or Penix, you can keep fooling around with Fields next year. I still think he's not gonna be our starter in 2026 or win a Super Bowl before that, but if we get one of those Qbs, I wont complain about it.

I also think with the #1 pick the options are to take MHJr outright, or trade out of it. If you trade out, you can get some combination of a current player in trade, future #1 picks, and one of the other high ranked rookie WRs, OTs or Edge.

We also need OC and FS, whether later than round 1 in the draft, or in free agency.

And I hate to say it, but we might need to look for an OG too. Jenkins is possibly hurt again, and Davis has been inconsistent. Sometimes great, sometimes not.

So we need:

QB, WR2, OC/FS, FS/OC, EDGE2, TE2, OG2

That's not an unreasonable list for a team in our draft and salary cap position. I think we will be stocked and dangerous next year, and only QB development (no matter who it is) sets a ceiling on us.

22 minutes ago, killakrzydav said:

You should see my drafts

I saw em. they are insane! You end up with like half the 2024 first rounders hahahaha

If that happened, they would talk about it every draft day for the next 100 years!

I dont think it's possible in reality, but Ive never seen drafts like that in any year of simulations. They are outrageous!

But they are fun as hell.

Do you have "no JF" versions?

18 minutes ago, adam said:

If they get rid of the coaches, I think Fields is gone. There is no point putting him on his 3rd OC with a young QB with him. 

yeah, I think the dominoes are starting fall and what Ive been talking about this whole time is starting to get clearer.

I think I got a bunch of flak for being early on the curve, but youre right about this.

And to be fair, I have seen you with me on this Adam all season long too. Youve politely held the door open for miracles, which is optimistic, fan-ly and considerate of you, but it's not like i have been the only one saying it. Chile too. And a couple of others.

I've just been the only one beating the drum about it - and I get that it has been annoying. But give it a couple months and I think more will come around to this. It kinda had to be.

2 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

yeah, I think the dominoes are starting fall and what Ive been talking about this whole time is starting to get clearer.

I think I got a bunch of flak for being early on the curve, but youre right about this.

And to be fair, I have seen you with me on this Adam all season long too. Youve politely held the door open for miracles, which is optimistic, fan-ly and considerate of you, but it's not like i have been the only one saying it. Chile too. And a couple of others.

I've just been the only one beating the drum about it - and I get that it has been annoying. But give it a couple months and I think more will come around to this. It kinda had to be.

I've honestly been on the fence but things are too inconsistent for my blood. Great QBs still look decent in bad situations. Fields' last 3 TD drives going back to last week started on the opponents side of the field. Think about that for a sec.

Since he came back from injury he has only led 2x TD drives starting on his side of the 50 in the last 16 quarters. 2 TDs! They are 2-2 in those games even though there have been some dominant defensive numbers.

50 minutes ago, adam said:

I've honestly been on the fence but things are too inconsistent for my blood. Great QBs still look decent in bad situations. Fields' last 3 TD drives going back to last week started on the opponents side of the field. Think about that for a sec.

Since he came back from injury he has only led 2x TD drives starting on his side of the 50 in the last 16 quarters. 2 TDs! They are 2-2 in those games even though there have been some dominant defensive numbers.

glad to see youve reached a decision point.

6 hours ago, Pixote said:

As you laid it out is the best option .Get picks, a QB prospect, and keep Fields.  

7 hours ago, killakrzydav said:

Keep Fields, trade down minimally to snag MHJ, trade down again to snag Bowers. My preferred first round QB is Daniels. I also like Penix in the second.  Gun to my head, I want one of the top 7 receivers, the best TE, one of the top 3 centers, any freakin safety that isn't a bitch, and one of the top three Edge prospects.

What he said.  

20 hours ago, killakrzydav said:

I love this one. My only addition would be extending Fields to a 3yr/$75M deal (like Geno) as a bridge contract. 

16 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

glad to see youve reached a decision point.

Yeah, I wanted a big enough sample size, 4 games was enough for me. Fields needed to show me he was head and shoulders above an average QB and I just haven't seen it. Just say he Tonyan doesn't drop the ball and they win, it still is a bad game. That was an awesome throw, but there is not enough in between the great and the bad.