Week 18 Official Game Thread CHI @ GB, SUN 1/7, 3:25PM, CBS, CHI +3, 44.5 O/U

adam

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, so the data is all in.

I tried to keep an open mind, and wait to be proven wrong.

Fields has to go. Flus has to go. This is a joke. We got nothing but a few hits of hopium this year.

It was always "Fields now has 5 weeks to prove his case." then 4 weeks then 3. He didnt change.

He is who we thought he was. Wed better not crown his ass.

But yeah, I wasnt negative. I was right.

Just now, BearFan2000 said:

Welp the silver lining is I don’t have waste another Sunday watching this $&@“ show till next season.  

amen. and i really think next season could be much better.

1 minute ago, BearFan2000 said:

Welp the silver lining is I don’t have waste another Sunday watching this $&@“ show till next season.  

Yeah, even in wins, most were brutal unfortunately. There were about 4-5 good games, the rest sucked, and the year before all 17 sucked. 

5 minutes ago, Lucky Luciano said:

this is garbage. it's so bad you don't even know where to begin.

Man, I was just thinking the same thing.  Both fronts sucked.  It's almost like they were trying to fire the coaching staff and Fields.  Jenkins was bloody awful today.  He went back to his lazy lean instead of moving his feet ways.  Edmonds blew his assignment on that key 3rd and 8.  Jackson was late or non existent all game.  I can't wait to see him cut.  Getsy needs to thumb it home after calling those two screens on third and 15+.  (And both to the left)  More rant to come...

4 minutes ago, Lucky Luciano said:

the only good thing in the LEAST is i am hoping we get a better draft pick with our pick. where does it stand now adam?

we are slotted at 9 now.

Locked in to #1 and #9 officially now.

Evident the ream didn’t give this the same importance to this game as the fans which is worrying. Had no DLine pressure all game. The oline was terrible. Play calling was suspect. I will admit that Fields never performed at a decent level. 

I’m absolutely gutted because the season again has been hard but if we had put in a half decent effort, finishing the season by keeping the Packers out of the playoffs would have been nice. 

Just now, 50england50 said:

Evident the ream didn’t give this the same importance to this game as the fans which is worrying. Had no DLine pressure all game. The oline was terrible. Play calling was suspect. I will admit that Fields never performed at a decent level. 

I’m absolutely gutted because the season again has been hard but if we had put in a half decent effort, finishing the season by keeping the Packers out of the playoffs would have been nice. 

for sure, we just didnt have the goods to do it. The Packers outcoached us at every turn.

• adam unfeatured and unpinned this topic
3 minutes ago, Lucky Luciano said:

this is a god awful franchise. now we can start all over again.

well we do have a bunch of good young talent. I think we need some pieces, and we will get them this offseason, but with a new coach, and even just decent QBing, I think we are a playoff team next year.

If we keep Flus and Fields or even one of them, then im not making any guarantees about anything. But get rid of those guys and then youll have a hard time calling me pessimistic after that LOL Then youll see Im actually an optimist and will have tons of patience for the new guys.

1 minute ago, dawhizz said:

If Poles really wants the Bears to be great, and have a chance to win a Super Bowl sometime in the near future, you have to clean house.

if you mean coaches and QB then sure. But we have a bunch of good players on rookie deals, and Moore, Sweat, Edwards, Kmet and Edmunds are all good pieces to build on. The cupboard isnt so bare at all. But we have holes at very important positions like QB and coaches. 

2 minutes ago, 50england50 said:

Happy New Year, everyone, speak again during the draft. Fingers crossed we have an amazing off season. The best franchise in the NFL should have a greater level of success than we are currently getting. 

HNY to you too :)

1 hour ago, BearFan PHX said:

if you mean coaches and QB then sure. But we have a bunch of good players on rookie deals, and Moore, Sweat, Edwards, Kmet and Edmunds are all good pieces to build on. The cupboard isnt so bare at all. But we have holes at very important positions like QB and coaches. 

Yes, I mean coaches and QB. There’s some good bones on this team but I don’t see the coaching or QB needed to be any more than minimally competitive. 

Just now, dawhizz said:

Yes, I mean coaches and QB. There’s some good bones on this team but I don’t see the coaching or QB needed to be any more than minimally competitive. 

oh i totally agree.

When they say strip down I think like what Poles did last year getting rid of those guys on defense. ANd i dont think we need that. But now that I see thats not what you meant - Im 100% with you.