Week 18 Official Game Thread CHI @ GB, SUN 1/7, 3:25PM, CBS, CHI +3, 44.5 O/U

adam

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the players and coaches know we want to win today and not tank. Either the Packers are significantly better than us or we have chosen to not turn up. I suppose players don’t want to get hurt in a meaningless game but it would be great if we could win today. 

I cannot see us winning if this is how we will perform today. 

Smith gets burnt, zero help in the end zone. Terrible coverage.

Also, this is easily a loss if they are not going to call holding on GB. Every Jones run there has been blatant holding right at the point of attack and it's not being called.

The pressure is not matching the coverage. If they are bringing extra, you know it is going to be a short route. The Bears are playing 10 yards off and it's an easy pitch and catch. 

Bears down 7-3. 

you can easily see we are on our way to losing this game. we are definitely being outcoached.

We've beaten some bad teams and now we are drunk on having gone from terrible terrible to just eh.

But if you had to choose a QB today for a game today, would it be Fields or Love? And Love isnt even that good.

I hope someone at the top is looking for accountability, because I dont see why we want to retain everyone.

And speaking of coaching, theres a 4th and 1 from your OWN side of the 50, from shotgun and running up to the line which brings the defense to the POA. Whether he gets it by an inch or loses it by an inch thats a bad coaching gamble.

7 minutes ago, adam said:

The pressure is not matching the coverage. If they are bringing extra, you know it is going to be a short route. The Bears are playing 10 yards off and it's an easy pitch and catch. 

Bears down 7-3. 

i agree. really bad coaching on the DC.

Damn, this is tough sledding. They made it to the red zone. 

That 4th down play was crazy. Fields needs to go behind his blockers not between them lol. 

The Bears need a TD here to go up 10-7 before half. 2x FGs would suck.

1 minute ago, BearFan PHX said:

i agree. really bad coaching on the DC.

It has been way too easy for GB right now. They are doing nothing special. GB is bringing 5 or 6 every time. Bears are bringing 4 or 5, and it shows.

Just now, Mongo3451 said:

Fields just blew it.  DJ was wide frickin open for a TD 

Yep. remember, this was Fields' big audition to show us that his whole career here wasnt his fault, and that last week was the true JF, only seen once.

Just now, adam said:

Fields already had a defender in his face. 

depends on how fast the ball comes out though too - if it was already out, then the defender would have been late. Fields is operating out of the gun, so that gives him a second.

Observe Love the NFL QB operating an offense when it matters. He's not even THAT good.

That's how low our bar is and why we are fooled into thinking Fields is worth keeping. We arent used to seeing professional QBs.

1 minute ago, adam said:

The soft coverage is back, wtf Flus. They are giving them 10-15 yards, come the freak on.

I'm hitting the eject button. Im not a pessimist. I am an optimist - the next thing HAS to be better.

Im tellin ya, our defensive roster is GOOD, we have good depth. Given more reps, Smith would be starter quality too.

Bears dodged a FG on a bad play by the GB WR.

• adam unfeatured and unpinned this topic