Week 18 Official Game Thread CHI @ GB, SUN 1/7, 3:25PM, CBS, CHI +3, 44.5 O/U

adam

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

The line has been pretty porous. He’s had regular pressure in his face all day.  Scripted plays or no isn’t really a factor.  

sure it is - he threw the ball very well in the first series. making quick reads from the pocket for consistent gains. Since then, nothing like that.

I really dont get this "Fields is great, hes just never shown it because its always someone elses fault" thing. If youre great, we can see it.

I'm also the most amazing QB of all time, the fact that Ive never taken a snap in the NFL is because the Bears' line and WR group have been so bad for so many years. Otherwise, I'd be a hall of famer LOL Spoiler alert, I would suck as an NFL QB or anything.

7-6 is great considering we are being strangled by poor calling, and some players effort show they are already on the beach. I’m pissed, I was hoping for a great team effort. Hopefully Flus puts a fire up them, he needs to or I cannot see him coming back. 

What is best for the Bears is a great 2nd half so the majority of the coaches come back, and we move forward with Fields. If the coaches are good enough and Fields can perform at a great level, Poles can put is in a great position with our potential draft capital and available money for free agency. 

20 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

Fields just blew it.  DJ was wide frickin open for a TD 

Maybe…

There was a high safety just behind Moore that was starting to make a break as Justin was thinking of throwing it. .5 second later the DL-man was in Justin’s face.  And Moore didn’t look back until right about that same time.  Had Justin thrown an INT we’d be critiquing him for that.  

Maybe…

There was a high safety just behind Moore that was starting to make a break as Justin was thinking of throwing it. .5 second later the DL-man was in Justin’s face.  And Moore didn’t look back until right about that same time.  Had Justin thrown an INT we’d be critiquing him for that.  

Are you the lone surviver of the OJ Simpson defence team?

OK that throw from Love just now, thats timing, location etc. thats what pro QBing looks like. ANd no one is saying Love is the best QB in the league or anything. that's just good QBing.

All weve done this year is beat bad QBs. This season only looks good standing next to last season's.

Its like an ugly girl standing next to her really ugly sister. She looks better than the other one, but we should aim higher, certainly not move in together and sign a 2 year lease.

1 minute ago, BearFan PHX said:

OK that throw from Love just now, thats timing, location etc. thats what pro QBing looks like. ANd no one is saying Love is the best QB in the league or anything. that's just good QBing.

All weve done this year is beat bad QBs. This season only looks good standing next to last season's.

Its like an ugly girl standing next to her really ugly sister. She looks better than the other one, but we should aim higher.

It easy when he’s not got anyone in his face. 

Put it this way - count Love's seconds from snap to throw. 1 one thousand, 2 one thousand. then do it for Fields, even on his good plays.

And having players in your face should make you throw faster, not slower.

2 minutes ago, 50england50 said:

It easy when he’s not got anyone in his face. 

so we need new coaches.

and if the ball was out faster, the pressure would be further away.

that Love touchdown was 1 one thousand 2... and the ball was out.

Is Fields getting hit that fast?

Actually count it yourself, and youll be agreeing with me.

Way too easy, Flus is gone. His defense is being exposed again. Way too easy with no defenders within 5 yards of any receiver. Any QB can slice up this defense.

Fields is going to need to go off, unless I feel like he and Flus are gone.

Just now, BearFan PHX said:

that touchdown was 1 one thousand 2... and the ball was out.

Is Fields getting hit that fast?

There are zero routes with that timing. By the time he is getting to the back of his drop there is a defender there. They need a quicker drop and routes.

Cute.  When you get a chance to see the all-22 tell me I’m wrong. 

I think you will be wrong, but youre right that the all 22 shows the truth, and its harder to know watching the broadcast, no doubt.

Not wrong that there was a safety on that play, but maybe debateable if it should have been thrown, I need to see the all 22 on that one too to be sure.

12 minutes ago, 50england50 said:

It’s frustrating that everything is put on Fields when the line play has been inept, play calling has not been to our strength and the DLine as hardly shown up. 

We are getting beat on both sides of the line.

• adam unfeatured and unpinned this topic