MOCK DRAFT CENTRAL - starting 01-17-24

madlithuanian

Just thought it'd be fun to do some mocks and post em here...  Drop your mock and make some mentions....

This one I did, I'm not really sure if we could realistically trade Whitehair or Mooney, but I did.  My overall premise was to move past JF1, and grab the swing at the fence of Caleb.  Seems after doing that, the top WR's dried up.  So, I went Edge. Nabbed our C, S, G, DT, and TE.  Also got some depth at LB, HB, CB, and OT.  I went Rice w the 1st WR taken because he could already have a rapport w Caleb Williams.  Went Williams as a deep shot WR.  Feel like WR is my weakest element.  Need a FA!

mock01-17.png

3 hours ago, madlithuanian said:

Just thought it'd be fun to do some mocks and post em here...  Drop your mock and make some mentions....

This one I did, I'm not really sure if we could realistically trade Whitehair or Mooney, but I did.  My overall premise was to move past JF1, and grab the swing at the fence of Caleb.  Seems after doing that, the top WR's dried up.  So, I went Edge. Nabbed our C, S, G, DT, and TE.  Also got some depth at LB, HB, CB, and OT.  I went Rice w the 1st WR taken because he could already have a rapport w Caleb Williams.  Went Williams as a deep shot WR.  Feel like WR is my weakest element.  Need a FA!

mock01-17.png

Love the trades you got for eJax, Mooney and Whitehair!

16 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

Love the trades you got for eJax, Mooney and Whitehair!

Thanks!  Wanted to get some value for those guys!  I'm going to try another soon w the idea of trying to land a better WR.  It would seem, we either get a stuff Edge or a stud WR.  We need both.  But, I might lean towards the importance of a WR.

1 hour ago, madlithuanian said:

Thanks!  Wanted to get some value for those guys!  I'm going to try another soon w the idea of trying to land a better WR.  It would seem, we either get a stuff Edge or a stud WR.  We need both.  But, I might lean towards the importance of a WR.

Mooney is a free agent, that trade doesn't exist and no one's trading for EJAC, declining skills at 18.4 mil next year. Everyone knows its a good chance they cut him. I like the names you drafted. 4 draft picks for Justin may be a reach.

it all depends on free agency!

28 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

Mooney is a free agent, that trade doesn't exist and no one's trading for EJAC, declining skills at 18.4 mil next year. Everyone knows its a good chance they cut him. I like the names you drafted. 4 draft picks for Justin may be a reach.

Yeah.  I figured some of hose trades were pipe dreams.

7 hours ago, madlithuanian said:

Yeah.  I figured some of hose trades were pipe dreams.

Everything looks solid outside of the player trades beyond Fields.

All the trades incur some dead money. For Whitehair and Jackson, the dead money is the same for a cut or a trade. No one is trading for Whitehair. For Jackson, the trading team would have a $12.5M cap hit. My assumption is Jackson is restructured or cut before free agency. Whitehair is almost a 100% guarantee cut candidate. 

Mooney is a FA, so he can't be traded.

Made a new one just trading Fields...

After Caleb and getting an Edge, I went hard on WR's.  Maybe first draft on potential Bears history w/o a LB drafted.  :P

mock01-19.png

Legette is going to be a stud., Zinter may have to sit a year because of his injury but will  be worth the spot.

32 minutes ago, adam said:

DJ from NFL.com going Caleb Williams + Jared Verse. What do you think? If the top 3 WRs go before #9, I think the Bears trade down.

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-2024-nfl-mock-draft-1-0

Agreed.  Once the top crop of WR's fall off, may as well go Edge.  Verse, Turner, Latu or Chop all seem worthy enough.

My latest one trading Fields to LVR for #44, #112, and a 2025 4th.

This one gets the Bears Williams, Odunze, Chop, Bullard, Van Pran, and Stover. I would be shocked if they could pull that off. Then get a T that can slide into G if needed, a HB with upside, a LB for depth and ST, and another S for better depth.

pff_mock_results (1).png

Keep Fields trade beyond #3 with ATL, get future 1st and 2nd, #8, #43, and #109, get Alt for LT, Bowers, Leggette, Bullard, Van Pran, Irving for RB, Barner for TE3, DT Jefferson, and still get Washington for WR3/4 and Proctor for S3/4.

pff_mock_results (3).png

Last one is trade within the top 3, get MHJ, Bowers, Fautanu, Bullard, Van Pran, and Wright. Then get rotational pieces with Jefferson and Rogers on the DL, LB Barrett for depth and ST, and Wiley as TE3.

pff_mock_results (5).png

3 minutes ago, adam said:

Keep Fields trade beyond #3 with ATL, get future 1st and 2nd, #8, #43, and #109, get Alt for LT, Bowers, Leggette, Bullard, Van Pran, Irving for RB, Barner for TE3, DT Jefferson, and still get Washington for WR3/4 and Proctor for S3/4.

pff_mock_results (3).png

In the first draft, I think the Fields trade is a realistic get in compensation. I don't think a LT is in the cards with the progress of Braxton Jones. It would be an upgrade but he's redrafting a position he thinks will keep getting better when he can use those picks on a star DL, or weapon for whoever the QB is. I also like the Irving pick, speed speed and more speed. Legette and Bowers would be huge.

It is hard for me to believe that any of those will happen, but man if those are the worst the Bears can do, they are going to be stacked in 2024. This does not count picking up 2-3 more blue chip FAs. 

Just now, Stinger226 said:

In the first draft, I think the Fields trade is a realistic get in compensation. I don't think a LT is in the cards with the progress of Braxton Jones. It would be an upgrade but he's redrafting a position he thinks will keep getting better when he can use those picks on a star DL, or weapon for whoever the QB is. I also like the Irving pick, speed speed and more speed. Legette and Bowers would be huge.

I tried to go BPA. I think of it as a hole or an upgrade. The Bears have holes at C, Edge, WR2, TE2, and FS. They need upgrades at LT, RG, HB, and TE3 on offense, and upgrades at DT and Edge on defense. So if a hole can't be filled based on slot value, you go with an upgrade. The top 3 WRs were gone, it felt too high for Edges, so I went with LT and TE2 there. 

20 minutes ago, adam said:

I tried to go BPA. I think of it as a hole or an upgrade. The Bears have holes at C, Edge, WR2, TE2, and FS. They need upgrades at LT, RG, HB, and TE3 on offense, and upgrades at DT and Edge on defense. So if a hole can't be filled based on slot value, you go with an upgrade. The top 3 WRs were gone, it felt too high for Edges, so I went with LT and TE2 there. 

They might but I doubt it. Whatever they decide a blue chip DL, WR-TE will be huge for the future of this team. Next for me will be OC, which will go in the second and third rounds. So that is doable. Also FS upgrade which I think could be in free agency. Free agency will help decide what we do early in the drafft. A TJ Edwards type signing at OC and FS will change the importance in the draft.

2 hours ago, adam said:

It is hard for me to believe that any of those will happen, but man if those are the worst the Bears can do, they are going to be stacked in 2024. This does not count picking up 2-3 more blue chip FAs. 

That Atlanta trade isn't enough for me to move off #1 to be honest. Atlanta has a pretty solid all around team - they are going to hire a big time coach.  They are going to be a middle of the pack team - so I'm trading #1 for basically a #8 this year adn probably a 10-20 pick next year, plus some 2nd rounders. That puts me in a spot where I'm probably taking the 2nd of any position off the board (excluding QB where best case its the 3rd QB - clearly in this scenario though with them keeping Fields you aren't picking QB here either).  

You may actually have none of the wideouts on the board at this point and one of Brockers or Alt. If I'm dealing with Atlanta - I need another 1st & 2nd rounder or at a minimum another 1st rounder & Bijan (or Drake).  

10 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

That Atlanta trade isn't enough for me to move off #1 to be honest. Atlanta has a pretty solid all around team - they are going to hire a big time coach.  They are going to be a middle of the pack team - so I'm trading #1 for basically a #8 this year adn probably a 10-20 pick next year, plus some 2nd rounders. That puts me in a spot where I'm probably taking the 2nd of any position off the board (excluding QB where best case its the 3rd QB - clearly in this scenario though with them keeping Fields you aren't picking QB here either).  

You may actually have none of the wideouts on the board at this point and one of Brockers or Alt. If I'm dealing with Atlanta - I need another 1st & 2nd rounder or at a minimum another 1st rounder & Bijan (or Drake).  

I agree, it should include a 2026 2nd, but there is not a selection for two years in the future for the trade options. 

1 hour ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

I think he's going to the best package available, you can never tell where someone will be drafting next year. Houston wasn't preceived to be good yet and who thought NE would be that bad with Belicheck there. If they take a player back, I think a OL in a rookie contract.  Drew Dalmam  and Matt Bergeron were players that ended up starters. Both played well last year. Isn't that where Chris Morgan came from? 

53 minutes ago, adam said:

NBC Sports Chicago has a new mock, it has the Bears drafting Williams, then trading #9+Fields+2025 6th for #3, and with #3 the Bears draft MHJ.  Thoughts?

https://www.nbcsportschicago.com/nfl/chicago-bears/bears-draft/mock-draft-has-fields-headed-to-patriots-in-blockbuster-bears-trade/535151/

When did Pace start writing for NBC Chicago?