Realistic # 1 trades.

Stinger226

2 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

I'd rather have the eighth pick in front them.  More trade value and one pick closer to Bowers.

I hear ya. I was kind of thinking that there are a number of names that look good to me at that #9 spot, but if you or the Bears have their eye on a particular player, then by all means, I wouldnt let a possible 4th rounder stand in the way of that.

6 hours ago, adam said:

What if ATL was willing to do something along these lines:

1. CHI gets #8, #43, #79

2. ATL gets #9, Justin Fields

The difference in the picks and slot would equal Pick #29 (late first rounder)

So the Bears move up one slot to #8, then get ATL's 2nd rounder and their 2nd 3rd Rounder. Atlanta moves down one slot in the first and gets Justin Fields.  They got #79 for Calvin Ridley, so basically that plus their 2nd rounder (#43) and one slot in the first round for Fields. 

That would gives the Bears #1, #8, #43, #75, and #79 in the first 3 rounds.

Atlanta would have #9, Fields, and #74

I think that is pretty reasonable.  

I was listening to Matt Hasselbach on this morning.  He brought up an interesting point - basically he thinks Maye is an absolute physical stud.  So he puts Maye in the same light as Herbert / Allen from a pure physical gift perspective. Not saying his on field performance is necessarily all the way there - but that when you think of his age, what he can do, how he spins it, his character, etc - he really has everything. He might be a bit more raw - but he's also still super young and for those close to him - he's likely still growing.  

In Hasselbach's eyes, Maye is one of the most talented QB's to come out in the draft in the last 5-10 years (he didn't say Caleb wasn't either) - but basically he said - these 2 guys are going to grade out massively well.  If that is the case - his view was, Bears SHOULD keep that view extremely close to the vest so the rest of the league (specifically Washington doesn't know) and essentialy force Washington's hand.  

In short - Hasselbach thinks Williams & Maye are elite QB prospects and doesn't differentiate much between the two.  Pure tools he thinks Maye is BETTER.  So if Washington really wants Williams - play tough - and get the #2, #40 (2nd rounder which was the Bears), and a #1 next year (this is probably realistic - if you really pushed - maybe you could get both 2nd rounders this year - but that might be a lot less likely).  He had Bears than trading Fields (lets say for a 2nd and 3rd).  

Now you are looking at Bears having 6 picks in the 1st 3 rounds in '24.  

#2 - Drake Maye

#9 - Weapon for Maye (OT/TE/WR) or you can take Top Dline 

2nd Rounder (from Washington) - Center or Defense

2nd Rounder (for Fields) - Deep wideout draft - so could go that or you could go safety (Ejax replacement)

3rd Rounder (for Fields) - BPA

3rd Rounder (Bears) - BPA

In 24 Bears have - 4 Picks in 1st 2 rounds 

Own 1st Rounder

Washington 1st Rounder

Own 2nd Rounder

Carolina 2nd Rounder 

Note: They may even have 1 more higher end pick - depending on the value they could extract from Washington.