Realistic # 1 trades.

Stinger226

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

Its nice to dream on enormous returns on trades but is it realistic?

If we move to 2 with Atlanta.

move to 2, get pick 40, pick 94, 1st next year. If we get lots of competition for one, add a player?

Atlanta at 2? Washington at 2 or Atlanta at 8?

OK, I am assuming WAS, just a typo.

Going off the more current trade value chart, #1 is worth 1000, #2 is worth 717, #40 is worth 149, and #94 is worth 41 = 907 + 2025 1st (121 = lose 1 round of value, average pick value)

So 1000 (CHI) < 1028 (WAS) 

So I would say that would make sense. Where are you getting #94 from? That would be the 3rd to last pick in the 3rd round before comp picks. I think WAS has #101 in the 3rd from SF for Chase Young. That would knock the trade above down to 1021.

1 = 2+2nd+late 3rd or early 4th+future 1st

1 = 3+2nd+ early 3rd+future 1st

1 = 4+2nd+ future 2nd+future 1st

1 = 5+2nd+ future 2nd+future 1st+4th rounder

1 = 6+2nd+ 2x future 1sts OR future 1st and blue chip vet

1 = 7+2nd+ 2x future 1sts OR future 1st + blue chip vet + 4th rounder 

1 = 8+2nd+ 2x future 1sts OR future 1st + blue chip vet + 3rd rounder

Last year Bears went 1 = 9 +2nd (61) + future 1st + blue chip vet (Moore) + future 2nd rounder

2 hours ago, adam said:

Going off the more current trade value chart, #1 is worth 1000, #2 is worth 717, #40 is worth 149, and #94 is worth 41 = 907 + 2025 1st (121 = lose 1 round of value, average pick value)

So I would say that would make sense. Where are you getting #94 from? That would be the 3rd to last pick in the 3rd round before comp picks. I think WAS has #101 in the 3rd from SF for Chase Young. That would knock the trade above down to 1021.

Had a brain fart on ATL, I seen the order of draft on great blue North draft report, I never double checked the order anywhere else.

Sportsnaut website has the pick in three as pick 102. 

10 hours ago, adam said:

Does the trade chart take into consideration Caleb being hyped as the next Mahomes or Burrow?  I realistically see that adding value. 

Here is Mahomes take on the situation.

12 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Its nice to dream on enormous returns on trades but is it realistic?

If we move to 2 with Washington.

move to 2, get pick 40, pick 102. 1st next year. If we get lots of competition for one, add a player?

It comes down to me - what happens with Caleb and the person taken at 2.  If Caleb becomes the dude - a top 5 QB - than the 40th pick, 102, and a 1st rounder next year is not at all worth giving up on a top 5 QB.  Now if it turns out Caleb and the #2 pick are both Top 5 guys - or the 2nd pick ends up being event better - than yeah - why not do that.  

Unfortunately we don't have a delorean to see the future.  

If Poles thinks Caleb is special, he's not passing on him for a few picks. The key to the conversation is what Poles thinks? No one knows, people only guess or think it's not debatable but most people thought Flus was gone, that didn't happen. So much for guessing. 

4 hours ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

Schefty commented today he thinks Fields gets a 2nd rounder for sure and decent shot a first rounder 

If he trades him, a first would be great, it definitely increases the odds he may trade him. It's funny that media argues to get rid of him because he's bad and turn around and say ( he's worth a first round pick). The media is so flippant. 

11 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Does the trade chart take into consideration Caleb being hyped as the next Mahomes or Burrow?  I realistically see that adding value. 

Here is Mahomes take on the situation.

I did add some of that for the first few picks, but not as much from 6-> 

7 hours ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

Schefty commented today he thinks Fields gets a 2nd rounder for sure and decent shot a first rounder 

I doubt he would command anything beyond a late first, so it looks like the only two realistic options would be:

ARZ - 27th, it's their 2nd first rounder, and they pick again at 35. 
PIT - 20th, could decide to move off Pickett/Rudolph/Trubisky, already a playoff team, just need a better QB.

3 hours ago, adam said:

I doubt he would command anything beyond a late first, so it looks like the only two realistic options would be:

ARZ - 27th, it's their 2nd first rounder, and they pick again at 35. 
PIT - 20th, could decide to move off Pickett/Rudolph/Trubisky, already a playoff team, just need a better QB.

ARZ isnt trading for Fields but Pitt is in play but Pittsburgh never wastes value. They can offer their second and still have a chance to get him. There is 6 draftable QBs, 3 will go top 10, and they will have a chance at McCarthy, Nix, and Penix w/o giving up a pick. If they trade for Justin, they know they have to pay him in two years, so if we get rid of him for that reason, they wont take him for that reason. Only Ptt from 16 to 32 has a need for a QB. No one is giving a top 15 pick for Justin.

Scheftiy said that he is worth 2 firsts at the minimum so say 40 comes back and maybe one more.  That's probably. 

15 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

If they trade for Justin, they know they have to pay him in two years, so if we get rid of him for that reason, they wont take him for that reason. Only Ptt from 16 to 32 has a need for a QB. No one is giving a top 15 pick for Justin.

Scheftiy said that he is worth 2 firsts at the minimum so say 40 comes back and maybe one more.  That's probably. 

This, I can get behind.  There is an element that may attract him to a team.  Potential suiters could be someone that really thinks that Justin has been used incorrectly. (Like a lot here think). Or that they can fix him. (Same). Or they feel they have the talent to support him. (Same).  There are coaches and GM's that have the arrogance to think they can do something that the other guy can't.  There are also coaches and GM's that are stuck in the mud. (Belichick for example). There are also owners that get in the way. (Jones, Tepper, Bidwell, Brown and the McCaskey's)

I've seen some weird stuff over the years.  But, you are probably correct that he doesn't go to 15.  I was even thinking 20-32 area.

What if ATL was willing to do something along these lines:

1. CHI gets #8, #43, #79

2. ATL gets #9, Justin Fields

The difference in the picks and slot would equal Pick #29 (late first rounder)

So the Bears move up one slot to #8, then get ATL's 2nd rounder and their 2nd 3rd Rounder. Atlanta moves down one slot in the first and gets Justin Fields.  They got #79 for Calvin Ridley, so basically that plus their 2nd rounder (#43) and one slot in the first round for Fields. 

That would gives the Bears #1, #8, #43, #75, and #79 in the first 3 rounds.

Atlanta would have #9, Fields, and #74

Is it me, or are these the main 3 options for Poles?

Obviously there can be more trades but with just a single trade down with WAS, these seem like the paths Poles can go. Pick #9 is in play for all options so it is omitted, these are the differences in each route:

Option 1 - Fields + MHJ (#2) + #40 + 2025 1st  (Fields + WR2 + Center + New OT)

Option 2 - Williams (#1) (Williams)

Option 3 - Maye (#2) + #40 + 2025 1st = (Maye + Center + New OT)

59 minutes ago, adam said:

Obviously there can be more trades but with just a single trade down with WAS, these seem like the paths Poles can go. Pick #9 is in play for all options so it is omitted, these are the differences in each route:

You could add the value of trading for the number three in the keep Justin part.

21 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

You could add the value of trading for the number three in the keep Justin part.

Yeah, you are spot on, for Option 2 and 3, I added #38 from TEN for Fields as a ballpark draft slot:

Option 2 - Williams + #38 -> (#1) (Williams + Center)

Option 3 - Maye (#2) + #38 + #40 + 2025 1st = (Maye + WR2 + Center + New OT)

What is the keep Justin, trade with Patriots at 3 look like?

MHJ at 3, 32, 68 and next year's first rounder.(from NE). Plus our picks

That might be nasty, because the Patriots play in a tough division and need retooled.  I would feel confident we'd get another top five pick.

2 hours ago, adam said:

What if ATL was willing to do something along these lines:

1. CHI gets #8, #43, #79

2. ATL gets #9, Justin Fields

The difference in the picks and slot would equal Pick #29 (late first rounder)

So the Bears move up one slot to #8, then get ATL's 2nd rounder and their 2nd 3rd Rounder. Atlanta moves down one slot in the first and gets Justin Fields.  They got #79 for Calvin Ridley, so basically that plus their 2nd rounder (#43) and one slot in the first round for Fields. 

That would gives the Bears #1, #8, #43, #75, and #79 in the first 3 rounds.

Atlanta would have #9, Fields, and #74

If Atlanta wants Justin and is willing to provide that much draft capital, Id prefer not to swap #9 with #8 and make them make change another way, like a 4th rounder.

11 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

If Atlanta wants Justin and is willing to provide that much draft capital, Id prefer not to swap #9 with #8 and make them make change another way, like a 4th rounder.

I'd rather have the eighth pick in front them.  More trade value and one pick closer to Bowers.

1 hour ago, BearFan PHX said:

As Mongo said, 1 slot in this top 10 is huge. It might be the difference between getting Odunze or Bowers or missing out on both by one pick.

1 hour ago, Mongo3451 said:

What is the keep Justin, trade with Patriots at 3 look like?

MHJ at 3, 32, 68 and next year's first rounder.(from NE). Plus our picks

That might be nasty, because the Patriots play in a tough division and need retooled.  I would feel confident we'd get another top five pick.

Oh yeah, I was trying to keep it simple for comparison sake. As you move down, you are going to accumulate a ton more draft capital. 

2 hours ago, adam said:

Other than a new LT, you are spot on. I dont think he gives up on Braxton. Not saying Braxton will be top 10 but if he stays in the top 15 at his price its a win win. Past the QB question , weapons and DL are his prime targets. 

40 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

Other than a new LT, you are spot on. I dont think he gives up on Braxton. Not saying Braxton will be top 10 but if he stays in the top 15 at his price its a win win. Past the QB question , weapons and DL are his prime targets. 

Yeah that was sort of a filler position for the extra 1st rounder in 2025, it could be DT or Edge.