Bears4Ever_34

The good:

Tillman

Urlacher

Vasher (Glad to see his return)

The bad:

Well I could go on forever

Thoughts:

I thought Kyle Orton did what he could with what he had. I still don't know what the gameplan was for Turner coming into the game; usually you can see what most teams want to do from snap 1. With little time to throw its pretty tough to complete a high % of your passes. The offense sucks, Turner sucks, Lovie sucks, end of story.

The D looked pretty good. How does Turner still have a job?

The good:

Tillman

Urlacher

Vasher (Glad to see his return)

The bad:

Well I could go on forever

Thoughts:

I thought Kyle Orton did what he could with what he had. I still don't know what the gameplan was for Turner coming into the game; usually you can see what most teams want to do from snap 1. With little time to throw its pretty tough to complete a high % of your passes. The offense sucks, Turner sucks, Lovie sucks, end of story.

The D looked pretty good. How does Turner still have a job?

I don't think he did too bad. He was 58% for 184 yards and 1TD (that was a terrible reversal) and 1 INT. He had ZERO running game (17 carries for 32 yards) and the oline was pathetic. What's worse is the playcalling was horrendous, why in the hell did Turner dial up 2 screens in a row?? I am not saying he set the world on fire, there is plenty to improve upon, but to say he sucked is stretching it. The Bears are 1-3 while leading after 3 quarters this year...that is terrible...

I don't think he did too bad. He was 58% for 184 yards and 1TD (that was a terrible reversal) and 1 INT. He had ZERO running game and the oline was pathetic. What's worse is the playcalling was horrendous, why in the hell did Turner dial up 2 screens in a row?? I am not saying he set the world on fire, there is plenty to improve upon, but to say he sucked is stretching it. The Bears are 1-3 while leading after 3 quarters this year...that is terrible...

Playcalling was bad. Orton's accuracy was not good.

Rex is the best QB we have on the roster, for sho

I don't think he did too bad. He was 58% for 184 yards and 1TD (that was a terrible reversal) and 1 INT. He had ZERO running game (17 carries for 32 yards) and the oline was pathetic. What's worse is the playcalling was horrendous, why in the hell did Turner dial up 2 screens in a row?? I am not saying he set the world on fire, there is plenty to improve upon, but to say he sucked is stretching it. The Bears are 1-3 while leading after 3 quarters this year...that is terrible...

I can't say I disagree with one comment in that entire post. We think alike haha, I forgot but yes, Kyle did have one Touchdown pass.

The Bears were out gained in the rushing game by almost 4 to 1

17 carries for 32 yards...2 ypc...and we wonder why our passing game isn't working?? Our oline is awful...how many false starts again this week? I had to stop watching the ESPN broadcast because their comments were making me sick...but they were true.

I think the problem with Orton enlies more in what he didn't do. He showed that he doesn't have the arm strength to be a good play-making QB. If the Bears want to completely re-do the offense than maybe Orton would have a chance, but right now Orton is no fit for this offense (than again, do we really want a fit for this offense, since it is so horrible).

Orton is tough and I give him credit for that but he made slow decisions, showed a deliberate throwing motion, was inaccurate, and has poor arm strength (and throws a HORRID deep ball). There were two seperate ocassions where BB was open downfield for what would be TD's and both times Orton couldn't get off a good throw. There was also an ocassion where Davis was open downfield and Orton took too long to throw/make the decision and the defense got his foot on him (also when the ridiculous intentional grounding was called).

Bottom line I absolutely was thrilled to see Vasher back on the field. The defense played very admirable aside from the lack of tackling later in the game (real shocker considering how poor they have been when it comes to tackling). Urlacher played well, Briggs was solid, hell I can't really individually say anyone on the defense played bad. I was really impressed with the way the new tackle from Oregon played. He got a great push and seemed to really disrupt the rushing game. I also felt Alex Brown did a good job containing the rush (it was nice seeing more of him and less of Anderson).

Offensively there really isn't much to say. Hester made some decent plays as a WR as well as some poor ones (he doesn't know the intracies yet but he's making strides and I still think he's another full season away from being a near everydown WR). The play calling was absolutely atrocious. The consistent runs to the inside were a joke, so was the back to back QB sneaks from practically a full yard out (against the Vikes defense, I don't care if the 2nd one worked). I actually had no problem with the play action (both McKie and Clark were open and the QB didn't execute). I can't get past how horrid the offensive line is.

Garza/Miller/Metcalf piece out. Maybe Brown is resigned and comes back but Tait/Kreutz are the only guys sticking around (I swear to god if any of those other three are back as starters Angelo should get fired). I also think Turner and the oline coach must go (there is no excuse for all those penalties).

I want to say that I think the turning point of this game came when the Bears made that penalty at the end of the 1st half that allowed the Vikings to cut the game to 7 (I happen to think Tavarious was still in bounds and that it was a tough call, but either way Refs protect QB's and the call was made and the Bears paid heavily).

God, I can't get past this loss and there are quite a few games this season where I swear I can't figure out how the Bears didn't want (as they had countless opportunities to put things away but failed to).

Exactly. Not a great showing, but not something to get benched for. If we go back to Griese I will puke...

If we were playing to win, no doubt Griese should have started (He's a better QB today than Orton and I hate Griese). But the Bears are playing to see what they have in Orton and therefor Griese shouldn't play unless Orton gets hurt. The key is to see if the Bears have a quality backup or maybe starter in Kyle (I completely think there is almost zero chance Orton is a starter though...he just has a slow release and isn't accurate).

Orton was fine. Hasn't played in years, completes a respectable percentage, did a decent job evading pressure (stepping UP, not back). It was a mostly conservative gameplan, so you can't expect too many big plays. A couple bad throws, but I was generally happy with the way he played. Absolutely, 100% deserves to start the rest of the way.