The Post Game

Bears4Ever_34

Yes... Most were at the shoelaces.

He definitely needs to work on the shotgun snap in the off-season (it is realistic to expect him to struggle considering prior to this year it had been years since he has had to do it). Blocking wise Kreutz was an animal tonight. He was the one guy I consistently noticed getting blocks and just going crazy out there.

Garza was absolutely horrendous and I mean Horrendous. Miller had bad penalties and was his usual terrible self and St. Clair was meh, but my god I saw Garza wiff or take the wrong guy (or what I deemed to be the wrong guy, but I'm not aware of who the blocking assignments were for specific plays) and it was just awful.

If they are OT's I'm all for either...if not, no way in hell

both are tackles... and Otah is the scariest thing since ManBearPig. He's a plain stud for Pitt. My only worry is that he might be limited to only RT, but I think he has the ability to play LT.

both are tackles... and Otah is the scariest thing since ManBearPig. He's a plain stud for Pitt. My only worry is that he might be limited to only RT, but I think he has the ability to play LT.

Sign him then. He has to be better than the waste of a helmet we have now.

Dumbass #2 phone caller of the night.

We might be a little bit better with Tank Johnson & Chris Harris. :rolleyes:

Forget about Thomas Jones. I thought the two i mentioned were too funny.

Chris Harris I agree with...I liked that kid...at least he could tackle. I agree that Thomas Jones would be very nice to have right now.

If they are OT's I'm all for either...if not, no way in hell

If it ain't an offensive tackle, I'll throw up.

The problem I have with this is the dropoff at each position. At tackle, after Long you're looking at...Clady, Oher, Otah, Baker, Williams, Cherilus, Hills, and Loadholt. Some are juniors and may or may not leave. And there's at least a rough idea that some are better than others. But it's a long list, and they're all good prospects. Who's even close to Phillips?

The problem I have with this is the dropoff at each position. At tackle, after Long you're looking at...Clady, Oher, Otah, Baker, Williams, Cherilus, Hills, and Loadholt. Some are juniors and may or may not leave. And there's at least a rough idea that some are better than others. But it's a long list, and they're all good prospects. Who's even close to Phillips?

Someone have some info on Phillips. I haven't looked much into the draft aside from McFadden, the oline guys, Dorsey, and the QB's. I couldn't even tell you who this Phillips guy is (safety??).

So you don't draft an OT and you keep Miller?? No way in hell!

I think he was implying that with your early 2nd round pick there are very good odds that a quality Offensive tackle will still be there (ie, his opinion is that aside from Long the rest of the Tackles all grade out similarly so if you stick around you may be able to grab the same type of guy in rd 2 that you could have taken atop the board).

My thought on this is that if this is the case, I can only hope someone some other team is drooling over is there and than the Bears can slide down the first round and pick up an extra 2nd round pick (give them a first where they still grab a tackle, a 2nd for a QB and a safety/RB/WR, than in the 3rd RD you take a guard you like and the other position you didn't take). In FA you sign one of the stud guards and than resign Brown who will groom the 3rd round guard we drafted (along with Beekman). Keep Garza/St.Clair (or Metcalf over Garza depending on cap space) as backups.

You should also have money to give Briggs & Berrian money as well and maybe even give some money to a safety.

No, the idea is that one of that group will be available when we draft at the top of the second. If you want, you can trade up a bit from there to get better pickings. But still, I don't see the dropoff from Clady to Baker (say) being as great as the dropoff from Phillips to whoever (Steltz, I guess).

I think he was implying that with your early 2nd round pick there are very good odds that a quality Offensive tackle will still be there (ie, his opinion is that aside from Long the rest of the Tackles all grade out similarly so if you stick around you may be able to grab the same type of guy in rd 2 that you could have taken atop the board).

My thought on this is that if this is the case, I can only hope someone some other team is drooling over is there and than the Bears can slide down the first round and pick up an extra 2nd round pick (give them a first where they still grab a tackle, a 2nd for a QB and a safety/RB/WR, than in the 3rd RD you take a guard you like and the other position you didn't take). In FA you sign one of the stud guards and than resign Brown who will groom the 3rd round guard we drafted (along with Beekman). Keep Garza/St.Clair (or Metcalf over Garza depending on cap space) as backups.

You should also have money to give Briggs & Berrian money as well and maybe even give some money to a safety.

Yup, that's basically what I'm thinking.

I honestly say that it's hard to determine how good the WRs are when there is inconsistent play at both OL and QB. The Bears actually have some talent at WR and TE, but refuse to use it for some reason, either by determining who starts, or by play design.

Why doesn't Berrian go deep any more? OL

Why doesn't Berrian run deep slants or crosses? OL

Why doesn't Hester run either? OL

Why doesn't Olsen see the field more? Turner

Why doesn't Bradley see the field more? Turner

Why does Moose run deep routes? Turner (why no OL?)

Draft OL in the first three rounds. Fire Turner. Problems solved.

I honestly say that it's hard to determine how good the WRs are when there is inconsistent play at both OL and QB. The Bears actually have some talent at WR and TE, but refuse to use it for some reason, either by determining who starts, or by play design.

Why doesn't Berrian go deep any more? OL

Why doesn't Berrian run deep slants or crosses? OL

Why doesn't Hester run either? OL

Why doesn't Olsen see the field more? Turner

Why doesn't Bradley see the field more? Turner

Why does Moose run deep routes? Turner (why no OL?)

Draft OL in the first three rounds. Fire Turner. Problems solved.

Would like to add

Why does our run game look horrible? Oline

Why even if we had TJ would our run game suck? Oline

Why does every QB look horrible in our O? Oline

Why would Tom Brady look bad in our O? Oline

I agree improve the Oline and everything will look better. Hopefully we can add a quality Free agent G or T and then draft the other.

I would like to see at least 2 top draft picks on the OL, with the Bears picking up at least one of the impact FA's on the OL. The OL needs to get younger and faster. All those false starts are because the old guys can't stay in their stance anymore.