I'm done critisizing the QB's...

BearSox

With no running game, one of the worst offensive lines in the league, and no real go to guy, you can't expect the QB to do much. This draft should consist of at least 2 first day OLinemen and we need to sign Faneca. Before I was against this idea, but it needs to be done.

Moose can stay, only because the majority of his contract has been paid and he is still a decent target. Berrian, I want to see kept but if we sign Faneca the choice is between him and Briggs, and Briggs plays a much more important role then Berrian.

This still doesn't make Grossman good, as he sucks just like the rest of them on the roster.

Agreed...I saw Orton step up in the pocket tonight...something I don't think I have seen Rex do since his first injury his rookie year. That alone earns him a start next week in my book.

that was the only thing that I liked. Orton felt the pressure pretty good and was able to step up in the pocket, something he can do because he isn't a midget and can see above the line. He just needs some more work on his accuracy.

that was the only thing that I liked. Orton felt the pressure pretty good and was able to step up in the pocket, something he can do because he isn't a midget and can see above the line. He just needs some more work on his accuracy.

Yes he does...as much as I like him he will not last as an NFL QB if his accuracy doesn't improve.

With no running game, one of the worst offensive lines in the league, and no real go to guy, you can't expect the QB to do much. This draft should consist of at least 2 first day OLinemen and we need to sign Faneca. Before I was against this idea, but it needs to be done.

Moose can stay, only because the majority of his contract has been paid and he is still a decent target. Berrian, I want to see kept but if we sign Faneca the choice is between him and Briggs, and Briggs plays a much more important role then Berrian.

I think the only thing you can really comment on QB's is the tools and some of the things they show when they have time. Still, even when you try to do that and take into the whole offensive line/lack of running game/terrible play calling into consideration it is really hard to come up with any sort of evaluation. Personally speaking there is one thing I'm 99.9% positive in and that is that Rex Grossman is hands down the best QB on the roster.

The question is, do the Bears think Rex Grossman is a starter in this league. We know he's the best QB (and they know it, afterall he has kicked the piss out of Kyle/Brian in training camp each year, even though he did have the job handed to him). I really don't know how they can't say he is the starter (unless of course they plan on drafting a young QB and turning into a rebuilding mode, but I still think this team is a good oline/good oc/safety away from being a playoff team.

On a sidenote, I hate to say I told you so, but I recall consistently saying anyone wanting Apeterson to start over Benson would sorely regret saying that. This isn't a knock on Peterson, but rather a comment stating how Benson (just like Peterson) had absolutely crap to work with (both with blocking and the absolute mis-management of the RB's).

I also want to know why, when you are on your own 2 you decide to bring in Garret Wolfe. He's a rookie, who has played very few plays that is small. He is the last god damn guy I want on the field at that time (scripted or not, Peterson should have been there and if you get a first down, put Wolfe in, otherwise use Wolfe the next drive).

It's not hating Grossman, it's just a simple fact that he isn't a good QB.

You said you can't make an evaluation. Why not stick with that assessment. Basically put this year was a wasted year for the Bears because no one had a freaking chance at the QB position. I just know one thing, if you got to the experts they will all tell you Rex can make the throws and judging by his past few weeks he also made good decisions (he's always been pretty good at making reads, it was just a problem with him getting greedy at times and obviously he got burned numbers times).

Rex has had more success in a short span than any Bears QB since McMahon. I realize it doesn't say much but I think people forget that an awful lot and continue to completely expect him to be a hall of famer.

Did I ever say Rex can't make the throws? No, he just can't read defenses, has a cocky gunslinger attitude, and just plain isn't a good QB.

And I lied, I will criticize the QB's all I want. I just won't give them as much blame.

Orton is good backup material, IMO.

You said you can't make an evaluation. Why not stick with that assessment. Basically put this year was a wasted year for the Bears because no one had a freaking chance at the QB position. I just know one thing, if you got to the experts they will all tell you Rex can make the throws and judging by his past few weeks he also made good decisions (he's always been pretty good at making reads, it was just a problem with him getting greedy at times and obviously he got burned numbers times).

Rex has had more success in a short span than any Bears QB since McMahon. I realize it doesn't say much but I think people forget that an awful lot and continue to completely expect him to be a hall of famer.

My biggest problem with Grossman is that he runs backwards...it isn't his height (look at Doug Flutie) it is just his mentality. He bails backwards and turns a 5 yard sack into a 10 yard sack. I didn't like the pick when we made it and I still don't like him as a QB. I will admit that this year is not his fault (see Turner and Oline for the top culprits) but I just don't like the guy as an NFL QB.

My biggest problem with Grossman is that he runs backwards...it isn't his height (look at Doug Flutie) it is just his mentality. He bails backwards and turns a 5 yard sack into a 10 yard sack. I didn't like the pick when we made it and I still don't like him as a QB. I will admit that this year is not his fault (see Turner and Oline for the top culprits) but I just don't like the guy as an NFL QB.

I think that is probably his biggest negative. Surprisingly I'm not very concerned with his ability to read defenses. I think he understands defenses pretty well (and it was made evident with how smoothly he ran the no-huddle). The key to me is him getting better when he's under pressure. Following the disastrious stretch of games he lost confidence and ended up thinking intstead of playing and it resulted in numerous bad decisions (he'd wait too long and a guy would jump the route or he'd overthink and make the wrong read instead of relying on instincts that got him where he was).

When he re-entered the game he seemed to be more mobile and actually turned some busted plays into plays. I know when you give Rex time he can pick a defense apart, especially because he throws such a good ball (he has such a quick release, strong arm, and that arm is incredibly accurate). You watch some of the throws he makes and I'm just left in awe (I'm a massive huge fan of QB's and he'll make some throws that has me speachless).

He still needs to improve his footwork when it comes to pressure and no one knows if he will, but in the greater scheme of things I think if you give him a good oline, and a solid RB, he will lead an above average offense. I don't know if the Bears still buy into that or not, but I've seen enough from Rex to think it is worth giving him another shot (and I have no problem using a first day pick on a QB...note I say 1st round cause in general I'm not a fan of taking a QB in the 1st round unless it is late in the 1st round because of all the guaranteed money given to them).

I guess its ok for Griese and Orton because of the o line, WRs and RBs? DO you want to be the kettle or the pot?

Orton constantly AVOIDED the rush tonight... Grossman couldn't avoid the rush if we told him how long he had and where it would be coming from.

Orton constantly AVOIDED the rush tonight... Grossman couldn't avoid the rush if we told him how long he had and where it would be coming from.

I dont care what he avoided. He couldnt do shit. The only points they got were when the defense got them the ball on the Vikings side of the field. Orton sucks. I was sitting their begging for Griese. Anyone should have one that game for the Bears but Orton couldnt do anything.

I think that is probably his biggest negative. Surprisingly I'm not very concerned with his ability to read defenses. I think he understands defenses pretty well (and it was made evident with how smoothly he ran the no-huddle). The key to me is him getting better when he's under pressure. Following the disastrious stretch of games he lost confidence and ended up thinking intstead of playing and it resulted in numerous bad decisions (he'd wait too long and a guy would jump the route or he'd overthink and make the wrong read instead of relying on instincts that got him where he was).

When he re-entered the game he seemed to be more mobile and actually turned some busted plays into plays. I know when you give Rex time he can pick a defense apart, especially because he throws such a good ball (he has such a quick release, strong arm, and that arm is incredibly accurate). You watch some of the throws he makes and I'm just left in awe (I'm a massive huge fan of QB's and he'll make some throws that has me speachless).

He still needs to improve his footwork when it comes to pressure and no one knows if he will, but in the greater scheme of things I think if you give him a good oline, and a solid RB, he will lead an above average offense. I don't know if the Bears still buy into that or not, but I've seen enough from Rex to think it is worth giving him another shot (and I have no problem using a first day pick on a QB...note I say 1st round cause in general I'm not a fan of taking a QB in the 1st round unless it is late in the 1st round because of all the guaranteed money given to them).

You can say that with any QB in the NFL. Look at Derreck freakin Anderson. He is so freakin overrated, but he has the best offensive line in football. You could put me back there as their QB and complete a couple of passes since I could just sit back there for an eternity.