I'm done critisizing the QB's...

BearSox

I dont care what he avoided. He couldnt do shit. The only points they got were when the defense got them the ball on the Vikings side of the field. Orton sucks. I was sitting their begging for Griese. Anyone should have one that game for the Bears but Orton couldnt do anything.

I completely agree with you, but I still am all for giving Orton the rest of the season. He hasn't seen an NFL defense in well over a year and deserves that. I hope to hell he proves us both wrong too.

You can say that with any QB in the NFL. Look at Derreck freakin Anderson. He is so freakin overrated, but he has the best offensive line in football. You could put me back there as their QB and complete a couple of passes since I could just sit back there for an eternity.

I think a lot of QB's in the NFL would make it an average offense, I said Rex would make it an above average offense. That was the difference, but in theory, I completely agree with you, which is why I think it is stupid (given the Bears holes on the oline) to spend any money or a high draft pick on a QB (2nd rounder I can live with, especially if the Bears had a trade down or something where they picked up extra first day picks and using one of there 3rd rounders on a guy like Ainge/Brennan (if he falls)/Falco.

i was all for the Orton experiment. It just took me less than a half to realize, he simply doesnt have it.

That sounds like me and Griese. I also feel very similar to Orton as I do Griese, but I also admit Orton is young so he has a chance to prove me wrong. Griese on the other is older and past his prime (there was a span where he was an effective QB). I still think if Griese is behind an above average oline and has an above average running game that he can be productive (given that situation I think Rex could be great..key word being "could").

Also, you have said you want Orton, Griese and Flacco as the Bears Qbs going into next season. You wanna stick with that? If so you may need to rethink how you evaluate talent. Orton, Griese and a rookie, wow...

No, I was on the neckbeard high when I made that prediction.

But our QB situation is such a mess though. We are hosed no matter what.

That sounds like me and Griese. I also feel very similar to Orton as I do Griese, but I also admit Orton is young so he has a chance to prove me wrong. Griese on the other is older and past his prime (there was a span where he was an effective QB). I still think if Griese is behind an above average oline and has an above average running game that he can be productive (given that situation I think Rex could be great..key word being "could").

I agree in terms of we have nothing to lose so what could it hurt for Kyle to get his shot. I just really wanted to win this game and play spoiler to the Vikes and Orton was garbage. Now, why not. Spoiler isnt even fun, I hate to say it but now Im chasing a draft pick because I want nothing to do with this team winning anything if it prolongs whats going on here.

No, I was on the neckbeard high when I made that prediction.

But our QB situation is such a mess though. We are hosed no matter what.

Ok, I can deal with that. Despite butting heads with you on a lot of things opinion wise Ive always respected what you had to say, but if you were gonna try to say going into next season with Orton and Griese 1 and 2 was a good idea I wouldnt know what to say. the Grossman argument is always fun though...

I agree in terms of we have nothing to lose so what could it hurt for Kyle to get his shot. I just really wanted to win this game and play spoiler to the Vikes and Orton was garbage. Now, why not. Spoiler isnt even fun, I hate to say it but now Im chasing a draft pick because I want nothing to do with this team winning anything if it prolongs whats going on here.

Hell, at the end of the first half (after the TD) I was super excited and got these delusions of playoffs in my eyes (I was thinking based on the way the D was playing and the nice Orton pass to Moose to set up the McKie TD that hell, maybe they win out and get a little luck).

Than the field goal and those delusions quickly dissapeared.

Hell, at the end of the first half (after the TD) I was super excited and got these delusions of playoffs in my eyes (I was thinking based on the way the D was playing and the nice Orton pass to Moose to set up the McKie TD that hell, maybe they win out and get a little luck).

Than the field goal and those delusions quickly dissapeared.

I was pissed at halftime because i thought that BS penalty that put them in field goal range completely changed the momentum of the game...

Yet, BearSox wants him as our #1 QB in 08. :lol:

Well, I'll admit I did not see the game (working) so I'm only going from the stat line, but I think there are some positives to take from Orton's stat line. Before the game, I predicted a couple things. Orton would have a low completion percentage and would not be able to throw the ball down field effectively for a large yards/attempt, because the pass rush would be on him too hard with the state of the Bears O-line. Therefore, I was going to ignore things like QB Rating and Completion percentage and focus on 2 stat lines; Sacks taken and INT's. Orton threw one INT, which I'm reading was a bad throw, and that's not excuseable. But the good news is he only threw one INT. And on top of that, he only took one sack. Behind an O-Line that can't create a running game and can't keep people off of you, those aren't bad numbers to build off of.

Looking back at those other numbers, he also had a completion %age of 57.9, which is not as high as Griese's but with a lower INT rate that's tolerable. His YPA was terrible, but that number is very hard to separate from the performance of the line. If nothing else, in this game he was an upgrade over both of the other QB's at feeling pressure and avoiding taking the sack, which is a helpful sign.

Was Orton Tom Brady? No, but even Brady would suck behind this line. At least in the stat sheet, his performance wasn't so bad that you'd say he should never play QB again.

Adrian Peterson and Garrett Wolfe make Cedric Benson look good. Thats just about all I can think of atm with this game.

Actually, i see it the other way. They make Benson look bad because they can do more out of the backfield than he can. They can catch the ball and they can block. All Benson can do is run straight really hard then fall down.

Actually, i see it the other way. They make Benson look bad because they can do more out of the backfield than he can. They can catch the ball and they can block. All Benson can do is run straight really hard then fall down.

Isn't that what he was talking about? Hell, to say that Wolfe and/or Peterson look bad, thereby making Benson look good, is just plain delusional.

I'll accept the following:

A- They all look bad

B- Benson looks bad, and isn't close to being a #4, but what do you expect from the other guys?

C- Benson looks bad, but the other guys aren't bad for their draft position

D- Benson looks bad, and AP gives it his all, and Wolfe is horribly misused

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! You actually think either Peterson or Wolfe can block?

Agreed...I saw Orton step up in the pocket tonight...something I don't think I have seen Rex do since his first injury his rookie year. That alone earns him a start next week in my book.

If Orton could actually learn some touch on his passes, he might not be too bad. He moved well in the pocket but he was horribly inaccurate at times and left points on the field with bad throws.