31 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Kyle Orton
    • Brian Griese
    • Donovan McNabb
    • Rex Grossman
    • Rookie
    • other

Call me crazy, but I think it is an idiotic move to both draft a 1st day QB and re-sign Grossman. By drafting a QB 1st day you are pretty much saying, Grossman IS NOT the future.

I don't think so. If Grossman performs and the rookie doesn't pan out, fine, resign Grossman long-term. If Grossman bombs and the rookie develops, it's a short term deal anyway. If they both work out, you have a Brees-Rivers situation, which is a nice problem to have. Of course, there's always possibility D...

The Bears wouldn't be lying to Grossman. All they'll say is that he'll have the chance to compete for the starting job in 2008. He knows that if he wins it and performs well, he'll have a starting job somewhere in 2009. That's the best offer he'll get anywhere. Resigning Grossman makes sense from both sides. Unless we get McNabb, I can't imagine he's not back.

Call me crazy, but I think it is an idiotic move to both draft a 1st day QB and re-sign Grossman. By drafting a QB 1st day you are pretty much saying, Grossman IS NOT the future.

It kinda depends on what you mean by 1st day QB.

A top pick basically leaves us with no reason to try Grossman for another year, because all Grossman would do would prevent him from playing and maybe prevent us from getting a better pick next year.

A 3rd round pick might work, but might not be as valuable of a player, and it might hurt our ability to fill in other roles, like the O-Line.

I just look at it and see 2 options...sign Grossman and focus on the O-Line, or let Grossman walk and commit to 2 years of rebuilding with a new QB.

It kinda depends on what you mean by 1st day QB.

A top pick basically leaves us with no reason to try Grossman for another year, because all Grossman would do would prevent him from playing and maybe prevent us from getting a better pick next year.

A 3rd round pick might work, but might not be as valuable of a player, and it might hurt our ability to fill in other roles, like the O-Line.

I just look at it and see 2 options...sign Grossman and focus on the O-Line, or let Grossman walk and commit to 2 years of rebuilding with a new QB.

A 2nd rounder would be a "top pick", I'm guessing? Just an aside.

I think you're wrong about the "2 options". Even if we spend a high pick on a qb, there's a possibility we can compete next year and no guarantee that a rookie would be ready immediately.

I won't argue there, but to say you want Rex over McNabb because McNabb is injury prone is just flat out hilarious.

IMdO, we should resign Rex, along with someone else, either draft or FA. But I think Rex gets offered some big $ and moves on. McNabb is going to cost us too much in terms of draft picks and I don't want to give up the draft for him cause we need too much help in other areas. Fix the Oline first.

Its gonna be Rex unless Rex wants to start over somewhere else.

The Bears arent going to trade for McNabb without really overpaying(which isnt their style)

The Bears arent going to pay through the nose for Derek Anderson

Rex is heads and tails better than the rest of the free agent quarterbacks.

The only other option would be if some QB was waived out of the blue and the Bears want to give him a shot, but situations like that rarely work out favorably

My guess, and decide for yourself if this is optimistic or not:

Kurt Warner

Bottom line is the Bears need to get someone in here who can give them consistent average QB play. Warner's not going to be handed the starting job in Arizona, and if he's not, he'll want to go somewhere where he will. I don't think he will cost a lot, particularly since he's a free agent next year. I think the Bears trade a low draft pick for him, give him a 1-2 year extension, and draft a replacement in the middle rounds.

My guess, and decide for yourself if this is optimistic or not:

Kurt Warner

Bottom line is the Bears need to get someone in here who can give them consistent average QB play. Warner's not going to be handed the starting job in Arizona, and if he's not, he'll want to go somewhere where he will. I don't think he will cost a lot, particularly since he's a free agent next year. I think the Bears trade a low draft pick for him, give him a 1-2 year extension, and draft a replacement in the middle rounds.

I just can't see Arizona letting him go, considering how disappointing Leinart was this year. They started playing Warner even when Leinart was healthy. He'd have to raise absolute hell for them to get rid of him. Or get his wife to, whichever.

As long as its Ortons accuracy, Grieses cannon and Rexs build and decision making Im game

What I want to know is why you include Kyle as someone who cost us the season? He started 1 game after we had no realistic chance at the playoffs...How is that costing us the season?