31 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Kyle Orton
    • Brian Griese
    • Donovan McNabb
    • Rex Grossman
    • Rookie
    • other

I honestly think it will be a rookie. With the likes of Anderson coming in here are very unrealistic, and Donovan McNabb being old I think we could see a rookie quarterback in Chicago next year. Hopefully his name is Colt Brennan...

oh god no.

I am going with Rex Grossman, Kyle Orton (unless he stinks these last few games, in which case I'd think about keeping Brian, or would just sign another veteran backup) plus a draft pick (I would have no problem with a 3rd round pick or a 2nd round pick if the Bears filled a lot of there skilled position needs via FA as well as signed/drafted oline).

even if we shift to a WCO, the only offense Brennan would fit into, I'd rather draft Josh Johnson.

Any quarterback that throws 58 touchdown passes in a single season with a 70% completion rate is deserving of getting looked at with a franchise that hasn't had a quarterback since Sid Luckman. I don't care who they played, that is one hell of a stat, he has a weird yet quick delivery and has a cannon arm. Certainly we need the good receivers around him but he is a better option IMO than any quarterback available in the draft. I'd move up in the draft and spend a late 1st/early 2nd rounder on him.

I pick Orton. He will improve over the next 2 weeks. I think we will draft a QB and Orton will be the starter next year. If we get Derek Anderson (doubtful) then he is the guy. But of teh 3 we have I go Kyle.

I take back my comment about being glad BearSox isnt the Gm and change it to Im glad youre not the GM. Just why...

Any quarterback that throws 58 touchdown passes in a single season with a 70% completion rate is deserving of getting looked at with a franchise that hasn't had a quarterback since Sid Luckman. I don't care who they played, that is one hell of a stat, he has a weird yet quick delivery and has a cannon arm. Certainly we need the good receivers around him but he is a better option IMO than any quarterback available in the draft. I'd move up in the draft and spend a late 1st/early 2nd rounder on him.

Yeah, that Jim McMahon was just a terrible QB. ;)

I honestly think it will be a rookie. With the likes of Anderson coming in here are very unrealistic, and Donovan McNabb being old I think we could see a rookie quarterback in Chicago next year. Hopefully his name is Colt Brennan...

If the Bears start a rookie QB in game 1 next year, they may as well blow everything up and call it a 3 year rebuilding process. They may as well trade Harris, Urlacher, and any of the other defensive parts that someone will give them a draft pick for. Because a couple of those guys are old enough/expensive enough that if the Bears are going to throw away 1-2 seasons on developing a new QB, it makes no sense to cut into the cap space by holding onto them as they age.

I selected OTHER since I think it will be a vet but don't think it will be McNabb. I just get the feeling the Bears will find that next great Kordell Stewart gem of a pickup this offseason that'll have us all scratching our heads while McNabb is kicking ass for the Vikings or some shit. Sorry, I'm down on these guys now and our QB play is inept! I know it wasn't all Orton last night since the line couldn't block my 9 year old son but damn... If anyone thinks Orton is better than Grossman based on this effort they're blind Orton homers.

I think the Bears let Rex go this year.

I think Griese comes back in a #2 role.

I think we find some stiff to come in to be the savior and he'll SUCK donkey balls.

I think Griese will then be forced to start for a while and then Orton will mop up the season.

Grossman will develop elsewhere. Meanwhile the Bears will draft the next great Cade McNown in 2009.

Damn... I just wish this team could hit on a QB more than ONCE in my lifetime.

I think Rex will be back under a short-term deal (1-2 years, heavy on incentives) and will start (barring any unexpected injuries). This will cause the QB situation to still be unresolved for the long term, but I don't believe there are any better free agent options (I don't think Derek Anderson is proven enough to be giving up a 1st and a 3rd round pick for him). And Donovan McNabb, I don't think he is worth what the Eagles would likely demand in trade. If we can steal him, then fine, but with the amount of needs we have to fill right now, we can't afford to be giving up high draft picks. We may draft a QB, but I don't think we should count on that person to contribute (if it's to that point, we may be in big trouble for last year). With that being said, hopefully Orton will play well these last two games and be given a fair chance to compete for the starting job in training camp next year.