The Keep Justin Crowd...

Mongo3451

1 minute ago, BearFan PHX said:

He could start games, but it would be as a backup due to injury or something. I just dont see anyone making him their starter. He has such incredible upside in so many ways, but he has a fatal flaw and defenses have figured it out, so if you take him now, its because you think you can coach him out of the thing theyve been saying about him since college, and i dont think most teams want that risk?

Geno Smith was a lousy QB early in his career, he made the pro bowl in 2022. Things can change.

5 minutes ago, killakrzydav said:

Show yo tits Stinger!

You know I should but this  is supposed to be a family site although all teenagers are gaming or playing Fortnight. Im in Thailand so that will take about 5 minutes to find you a live feed.

IMG_20220331_125201.jpg

45 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

You know I should but this  is supposed to be a family site although all teenagers are gaming or playing Fortnight. Im in Thailand so that will take about 5 minutes to find you a live feed.

IMG_20220331_125201.jpg

I want to visit Thailand someday 😇

18 minutes ago, ParkerBear7 said:

In theory his idea makes sense.  Obviously he wrote this before Kennum went to Carolina and the Bears signed Allen but I think as he says the DE and WR are still positions of need.  IHMO that is.  

7 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

But it's like this. Imagine two games. One is a coin flip. Guess it right and you win. Another is a dice roll. Roll a six and you win. You play the coin flip and your friend plays the dice game. You lose, but he wins. That doesn't mean that playing each game gives an equal chance to win or that the next time you play you shouldnt choose the dice game, because you should.

For me the math aint' mathin.  I'm not really sure why but quantitative physics was never really my strong suit.  I'll have to engage my salamander brain and make sense of if all.  :) 

In the meantime....

7 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

First pick overall QBs have a much higher chance to be great than the rest of the top ten. And top ten picked QBs have a better chance than any others. First rounders have a better chance than second rounders, and second rounders have a better chance than third rounders etc. We posted a ton of analysis here a couple months back proving that beyond any doubt.

Going back over the last 25 years, quarterbacks who were selected #1 overall and won a Super Bowl were 4 (or 16%).  Of those 4 they won 6 total games (24%).  QBs that were selected in the first round but NOT #1 overall won 8 games (32%).  The rest of the games were won by QBs either drafted in later rounds or not drafted at all (Kurt Warner) meaning they won 12 games (48%).  Of course half of those were won by Brady...so there's that.  So...in theory a QB chosen in the first round but not #1 overall is 8% more likely to win a Super Bowl than the one chosen #1 overall (right?)  And since this is the "keep Justin Fields" therapeutic thread, maybe that QB is already on the team?  🤷‍♂️

53 minutes ago, ParkerBear7 said:

I want to visit Thailand someday 😇

I highly recommend it. One of the most scenic countries in the World. I'm paying. 300 dollars a month for a 5 star condo. 4 yrs old, gym, Mile long pool. 6$ A hour for Thai massage. Every food in the World is here. English is the common language for so many people that come here. 70 mil tourist in 2019 before covid. 

IMG_20220331_175345.jpg

31 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

For me the math aint' mathin.  I'm not really sure why but quantitative physics was never really my strong suit.  I'll have to engage my salamander brain and make sense of if all.  :) 

In the meantime....

Going back over the last 25 years, quarterbacks who were selected #1 overall and won a Super Bowl were 4 (or 16%).  Of those 4 they won 6 total games (24%).  QBs that were selected in the first round but NOT #1 overall won 8 games (32%).  The rest of the games were won by QBs either drafted in later rounds or not drafted at all (Kurt Warner) meaning they won 12 games (48%).  Of course half of those were won by Brady...so there's that.  So...in theory a QB chosen in the first round but not #1 overall is 8% more likely to win a Super Bowl than the one chosen #1 overall (right?)  And since this is the "keep Justin Fields" therapeutic thread, maybe that QB is already on the team?  🤷‍♂️

I think the fact we have only 4 draft picks indicates we're trading both 1+9. I think #1 could lead to another trade back. If there's 3 trade backs, that would give us 2 ones, 3 twos, and an extra .3 rd. That would be 8 in the top 100 plus extra picks next year. 

We could still get a WR and Edge in the top 15. In the second  a center, OL and 3T. A QB prospect and S? The possibilities are endless. Plus 3 1s and 3 2s next year. Sign Allen for one more year and have a 2 year window to make a SB run. With all the extra picks you can let the big contracts expire and keep drafting for the future.

Top 5 defense

WR: DJ Moore- K Allen- MHJ or Odunzue. TE Kmet, Everett, RBs: Swift, Herbert, Johnson. An improved OL.  

Justin can make a pro bowl with that lineup.

45 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

I think the fact we have only 4 draft picks indicates we're trading both 1+9. I think #1 could lead to another trade back. If there's 3 trade backs, that would give us 2 ones, 3 twos, and an extra .3 rd. That would be 8 in the top 100 plus extra picks next year. 

We could still get a WR and Edge in the top 15. In the second  a center, OL and 3T. A QB prospect and S? The possibilities are endless. Plus 3 1s and 3 2s next year. Sign Allen for one more year and have a 2 year window to make a SB run. With all the extra picks you can let the big contracts expire and keep drafting for the future.

I think Poles should keep this trading back strategy with sorry abysmal teams for the next 3-4 years so that the team is in position to take QB Arch Manning when he is eligible! 🤣🤤

2 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

In the meantime....

no, you gotta take all the #1 picks, and figure the percentage, and then figure the percentage of ALL the QBs not taken #1, the good ones and the bad ones. Then you see the ODDS of the #1 pick are better.

What youre proving is that the odds of a QB not taken #1 (any one out of ALL of them) are better, and thats probably right because there are so many of them, but you cant draft them all, you can only draft one, so the question is what are the odds of any single player not drafted #1, and they are lower than any single player drafted #1.