Bears to Play Houston in HOF Game

Pixote

Yeah, I have to agree, but hey, it the return of football. LOL

Generally, we only learn who we "think" will make the team as backups or practice squad.

Starters rarely play much, for a good reason. I'm always praying we can make it opening day w/o major injuries.

I don't mind Bagent getting more reps and as I mentioned in the other thread - the one upside is - the team gets to start camp a bit earlier, so with a new playbook being installed etc, that isn't a bad thing.  Plus rookie QB too - so an extra week is an extra week.  I feel like most years Hard Knock teams are in the HOF game as well - so at this point, unless another NFL volunteers, I would be shocked if the Bears aren't selected for it (we know they want nothing to do with it - but they don't have a choice).  

1 hour ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

I don't mind Bagent getting more reps and as I mentioned in the other thread - the one upside is - the team gets to start camp a bit earlier, so with a new playbook being installed etc, that isn't a bad thing.  Plus rookie QB too - so an extra week is an extra week.  I feel like most years Hard Knock teams are in the HOF game as well - so at this point, unless another NFL volunteers, I would be shocked if the Bears aren't selected for it (we know they want nothing to do with it - but they don't have a choice).  

Although Waldron is different than Getsy, I think their offense schemes are similar. So not going to be a total new system. With a new QB it's just the learning curve of a rookie to consider. Waldron will adapt to the player and  not be totally scheme oriented. We seen that didn't work well last year.

16 hours ago, Pixote said:

Thursday, August 1 @ 8 pm Eastern, 7 pm Central. YES! Football returns!

They announced the Bears and Texans will open the 2024 preseason on a Thursday Night Prime Time Game.

YES! YES! YES!

Bears, Texans to kick off 2024 NFL preseason in Hall of Fame Game

its good luck indeed.

I am expecting an announcement that we will be on Hard Knocks.

I see where it will not be a single team but an entire division this year.

So, will the NFC North be the featured division?

As much as fans enjoy seeing their team behind the scenes, it must be a distraction as they prepare for the season.

The Bears were on this year's short list of teams before they decided to include all teams from 1 of 8 divisions.

48 minutes ago, Pixote said:

I am expecting an announcement that we will be on Hard Knocks.

I see where it will not be a single team but an entire division this year.

So, will the NFC North be the featured division?

As much as fans enjoy seeing their team behind the scenes, it must be a distraction as they prepare for the season.

The Bears were on this year's short list of teams before they decided to include all teams from 1 of 8 divisions.

Yeah I have mixed feelings. I'd personally LOVE to see it, but if it's a distraction, I'd rather avoid it.

7 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

Yeah I have mixed feelings. I'd personally LOVE to see it, but if it's a distraction, I'd rather avoid it.

I really believe it would be a huge distraction for the Bears.  Can you imagine the deception that would occur in Halas Hall? "We're going to show the public what they want to see, instead of authentic coaching and playing."(Fake quote)  This has McCaskey nightmare written all over it.  

1 hour ago, Mongo3451 said:

I really believe it would be a huge distraction for the Bears.  Can you imagine the deception that would occur in Halas Hall? "We're going to show the public what they want to see, instead of authentic coaching and playing."(Fake quote)  This has McCaskey nightmare written all over it.  

for sure