* - - Official 2024 Draft Day Thread - - *

adam

2 minutes ago, adam said:

7 picks left, depending on how the board plays out, there is a chance Poles moves back 10 or so picks (if there is a trade partner). I assume people are going to want to scoop up Franklin or Wilson at WR soon.

Following on here only, but hoping for Bralen Trice DE. 

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so the DE from Utah that people were writing about is available, so is Van Pran and the OT from Yale that we brought in for a 30 visit. So Im happy Poles has those choices, now we will see what he does. Whatever it is, im with it.

3 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

so the DE from Utah that people were writing about is available, so is Van Pran and the OT from Yale that we brought in for a 30 visit. So Im happy Poles has those choices, now we will see what he does. Whatever it is, im with it.

you nailed it, OT from Yale

Just now, CrackerDog said:

Can he play center?  LOL

LOL

I dont know anything about him, but that he was a 30 visit guy, so obviously Poles liked what he saw. Cool.

6 minutes ago, CrackerDog said:

Based on how they’re describing him, no he can’t play center.  

yeah, I was just screwing around, he is definitely a LT

Yikes.  I wanted someone that could contribute more this year and I don't see anything from him other than swing OT in 2024.  The fact we had him in for a visit means we've done enough of a workout to have a good idea.   He has a lot of good traits and there is potential to develop into a legit long term starter at LT.    ...and he grew up in the Chicago area?  

edit:  After watching several videos it appears he has legit long term LT starter potential.  

They filled a need , swing T. He has traits, Braxton started as a rookie. Maybe that happens again. I'm listening to CHGO podcast and they praise Poles then they complain that he didn't take who they wanted. Poles took Kiran because he won't make it to 122. Trust in Poles.

4 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

They filled a need , swing T. He has traits, Braxton started as a rookie. Maybe that happens again. I'm listening to CHGO podcast and they praise Poles then they complain that he didn't take who they wanted. Poles took Kiran because he won't make it to 122. Trust in Poles.

Based on what I've seen on Youtube we grabbed him right where he was rated.  TheDraftNetwork.com ranked him 64 overall so that a steal at 75.  He's never had anything in coaching, nutrition, workouts, etc like what he is about to experience his first season.  We'll have to wait for it if you take a long term view of roster building this isn't a bad pick.  

1 minute ago, Mongo3451 said:

We all need to remember, the draft is about next year...

exactly right - this draft and next years draft are both aiming at the 2025 season, one where our stud QB isnt a rookie, and where we can fill the final missing pieces including another pass rusher.

The window for us to seriously contend for a superbowl opens in 2025, although I wouldnt put a ceiling on what this team is capable of this year either. But its a PLAN for 2025.

18 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

exactly right - this draft and next years draft are both aiming at the 2025 season, one where our stud QB isnt a rookie, and where we can fill the final missing pieces including another pass rusher.

The window for us to seriously contend for a superbowl opens in 2025, although I wouldnt put a ceiling on what this team is capable of this year either. But its a PLAN for 2025.

Poles has a plan if he doesn't get help in the DL, he will bring in a vet. There will be a round of cuts to choose from. Do not underestimate players on the team getting better. I was curious when he said players are going to have a hard time making this roster. To me that means he likes some backups we aren't thinking about.

• adam unfeatured and unpinned this topic