Caleb Williams, QB, USC selected #1 overall

adam

Just now, Pixote said:

I didn't accuse you of being paranoid until after you said I was picking on you when I was not picking on you! That's paranoia.

your psychology degree is crap. I hope you didnt pay too much for it.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

P.S. when we supposedly buried the hatchet the other day I offered my hand to shake, you didnt accept it. Just like you read a very nice letter I wrote to you a couple months ago trying to resolve this and you also didnt respond.

So figure it out. Either you want to fight or you dont. Whichever it is, Ill join you in it.

But you can stop dishing it out if you cant take it.

But in either case Im not angry. My feelings arent hurt. You may just be misunderstanding my New York ness. If someone gets in my face, i dont back down. If they are polite, then me too.

I never got a letter (I assume you mean private message since you don't have my email addy). If I had, I would have responded.

The hand shake, seriously. I took it as a fun response, but didn't think you expected me to respond.

The PM shows you read it.

It feels like a LOT of gaslighting to me.

Anyway, ike I said, I respond in the tone that comes to me. If youre respectful and fact based then so am I. If youre not, then Im not.

You will also notice that even as we "fight" over this, on other threads Im responding to the content of what youre saying, sometimes agreeing.

We are not in a personal war. Im just going to continue to be symmetrical. Your tone will define mine in our interactions on a case by case basis.

Which would be a very surprising outcome if someone was actually paranoid.

3 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

The PM shows you read it.

I never got it. I get PMs from others. I always receive an email letting me know there is a private message, with a small teaser and a link to read the rest of the message. I never got an email from Talkbears telling me you sent me a PM, so I honestly do not know what happened there. Maybe it got snagged by my spam filter? I usually make a brief check before I empty my junk folder. Didn't recall seeing it there.

I have received notifications of a private message waiting for me to read, clicked on the link, and found no message. I assumed the sender deleted it before I went to read it. But it has been well over a year since I had that happen.

5 minutes ago, Pixote said:

So any time I disagree with you I should expect you to accuse me of picking on you? 

Should I remain silent if I disagree? 

see, youre being a jerk right now.

I just plainly said you are free to disagree with me, just keep it to facts about what we are disagreeing about, and not my character or mental state.

You cant possibly be this dumb, therefore, you're trolling, despite your protestations.

Also, the PM I sent you shows you read it in February.

Be the man you're pretending to be and we will be fine. Keep up this nonsense, and dont be surprised if I return serve. It's pretty simple.

In fact, so everyone can see, here is the letter I sent to you. Just so everyone is clear on exactly how I have been trying to proceed.

You read it on February 14th.

---

Hey Pix,

just to be clear I have zero problem with you. I have always respected you and we have known each other for like 15 years. I know you created this place too, and over the years Ive said thank you for that too! And Ill say it again! Thank you!

I know what happened with Stinger, and I'm sure it has stained my perception in your eyes. I get that. I knew it would happen, and I apologize that anyone else had to be put off by that. I wont restate my side of all of that, Ill just say i get why your view of me may have changed, and I am sorry that you had to see it.

All I can say is that I am actually a very friendly nice person. I always make random people at the grocery store laugh. I raised my kids the right way, and I take care of my neighbors. No one would describe me as negative or anything like that in my real life.

And I get the feeling that you are a similar kind of person too. You always came across warm and caring on this board. I always felt badly as you went through your various health challenges over the years.

So anyway, a lot of this online stuff is the tone of voice we read each other's words in. After my fight with Stinger, Im sure my voice in your head sounds different. And if you read what I wrote to you in a defensive angry tone, then Im sure it reads a lot nastier than it does in the tone I had in my head when I wrote it.

Anyway, I am not angry with you, I never have been, I respect you and I apologize to you for what went on earlier. I hope that all helps :)

2 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

In fact, so everyone can see, here is the letter I sent to you. Just so everyone is clear on exactly how I have been trying to proceed.

---

Hey Pix,

just to be clear I have zero problem with you. I have always respected you and we have known each other for like 15 years. I know you created this place too, and over the years Ive said thank you for that too! And Ill say it again! Thank you!

I know what happened with Stinger, and I'm sure it has stained my perception in your eyes. I get that. I knew it would happen, and I apologize that anyone else had to be put off by that. I wont restate my side of all of that, Ill just say i get why your view of me may have changed, and I am sorry that you had to see it.

All I can say is that I am actually a very friendly nice person. I always make random people at the grocery store laugh. I raised my kids the right way, and I take care of my neighbors. No one would describe me as negative or anything like that in my real life.

And I get the feeling that you are a similar kind of person too. You always came across warm and caring on this board. I always felt badly as you went through your various health challenges over the years.

So anyway, a lot of this online stuff is the tone of voice we read each other's words in. After my fight with Stinger, Im sure my voice in your head sounds different. And if you read what I wrote to you in a defensive angry tone, then Im sure it reads a lot nastier than it does in the tone I had in my head when I wrote it.

Anyway, I am not angry with you, I never have been, I respect you and I apologize to you for what went on earlier. I hope that all helps :)

IF I had received that PM, I would have responded in a very positive manner immediately.

Thank you for the kind words you said.

BUT, I didn't receive a message from talkbears that a PM from you was waiting for me to view.

I'm sure I didn't, you're sure I did, at least now I know what you are referring to.

To put things into proper perspective, a lot has been going on that has been very distracting to me. Who knows, maybe I'm spacing out. I'm still struggling trying to regain my mobility after fracturing my back last year.

You said this PM was sent in February?

After my daughter passed away last year, I swore I prayed, I never wanted to go through the loss of another child. Unfortunately, God didn't listen (I'm beginning to wonder if there is a God). My son David died of heart failure the last week of this past January. He was only 48.

There was a period when I withdrew from everyone. It wasn't until a memorial service was held for David by his surviving siblings just recently that I began to 'heal.' 

Because of my back injury, I had been unable to visit my son for over a year before he died.

That being said, please, any parent reading this, never stop hugging your child and telling them you love them. I don't care if they are 8, 18, or, 48 years old. If they pass away you will regret not having reassured them of your love one last time.

7 minutes ago, Pixote said:

IF I had received that PM, I would have responded in a very positive manner immediately.

BUT, I didn't receive a message from talkbears that a PM from you was waiting for me to view.

I'm sure I didn't, you're sure I did, at least now I know what you are referring to.

To put things into proper perspective, a lot has been going on that has been very distracting to me. Who knows, maybe I'm spacing out. I'm still struggling trying to regain my mobility after fracturing my back last year.

After my daughter passed away last year, I swore I prayed, I never wanted to go through the loss of another child. Unfortunately, God didn't listen (I'm beginning to wonder if there is a God). My son David died of heart failure the last week of this past January. He was only 48.

There was a period when I withdrew from everyone. It wasn't until a memorial service was held for David by his surviving siblings just recently that I began to 'heal.' 

Because of my back injury, I had been unable to visit my son for over a year before he died.

That being said, please, any parent reading this, never stop hugging your child and telling them you love them. I don't care if they are 8, 18, or, 48 years old. If they pass away you will regret not having reassured them of your love one last time.

yeah thats completely awful and you have my deepest sympathies. I sent the PM in January, and the computer says your read it in February.

I couldn't imagine losing my daughter. I am sure that anything anyone ever said to me here would fade to nothing if I was in the middle of that. Of course I had no idea you were dealing with that. My letter obviously means nothing in the face of all that, so I'm not surprised you don't recall. And of course it's fine.

3 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

LOL no, you just seemed to say something that wasnt correct, and when I point it out, you say it's because I am all against Justin and all for Caleb. You said I "dont allow" other opinions. Nah bro, Im just saying youre wrong. That's my opinion.

When youre wrong its not because someone sees things in absolutes, or anything like that - youre just wrong.

The problem here isnt in my way of viewing things, it's that youve digested a false media narrative that i just proved wasnt true with facts on tape. Watch it and then tell me Caleb cant play in structure and tempo.

Its just my opinion from observing your posts. Its subjective. You push back on anyone that puts a negative light on Caleb. Example: Caleb holds the ball to long 60 plays of over 6 seconds and your comeback is (its bullshit) and sight a video that shows him making a 100 on time throws. Those were nice but both happen to be true. 

4 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

LOL no, you just seemed to say something that wasnt correct, and when I point it out, you say it's because I am all against Justin and all for Caleb. You said I "dont allow" other opinions. Nah bro, Im just saying youre wrong. That's my opinion.

When youre wrong its not because someone sees things in absolutes, or anything like that - youre just wrong.

The problem here isnt in my way of viewing things, it's that youve digested a false media narrative that i just proved wasnt true with facts on tape. Watch it and then tell me Caleb cant play in structure and tempo.

I cant figure why you put words in my mouth all the time. I never said (he cant play in structure and tempo), I pointed out last year there were plays he held the ball to long and needs to improve in that area. That's the absolute thing  Im  talking about , I make light of 60 plays and you project that I mean he does it all the time. 

38 minutes ago, Pixote said:

Pixote, I am very sorry for your loss.  I have lost two children as well, so share your pain.  Best wishes to you and your family.

3 minutes ago, Daventry said:

Pixote, I am very sorry for your loss.  I have lost two children as well, so share your pain.  Best wishes to you and your family.

Thanks.

When you raise your children, you never imagine attending their funeral. I'm sincerely sorry to hear you have also experienced this unimaginable nightmare. Take Care!

I'm watching more Williams film. Found this: EVERY throw or run from Caleb in 2023. Not a highlight reel, and not cherry picked - it's ALL of it. It's about an hour and a half long LOL

Im in about 3 minutes, so I havent seen much. One thing jumps out though - when Caleb runs in the pocket, he keeps his eyes downfield, and often finds a receiver where other QBs would have just run. That's where all your time to throw numbers are getting screwed up. It's plays that other QBs never would have thrown the ball, and therefore don't go into their average, but Williams can throw it after 10 seconds, so it goes to his numbers.

You can also see LOTS of plays where the read is fast and the ball comes out fast. So this isnt a guy who holds the ball. Its a guy who runs the offense and when hes under pressure or low quality WRs are not open, he buys time in the pocket and then finds them anyway later.

The stat punishes him for that. It would make him look better if he just ran, or threw the ball away earlier. But in truth, you want a guy that can extend plays when they arent there.

What you dont want is a guy who cant get the ball out of his hands, and that is clearly not Williams.

It's just San Jose St, so it's not like a tough opponent, but watch the first 3 minutes. Look at the fumble and what happens.

Cool.

6 hours ago, Pixote said:

Thanks.

When you raise your children, you never imagine attending their funeral. I'm sincerely sorry to hear you have also experienced this unimaginable nightmare. Take Care!

I'm crying with gratefulness that I have not experienced this loss.  So sorry Pix...

I am so sorry for your losses. Losing family members, especially children, is such terrible experience. I lost my dad and my older brother, and both of those were tough. I can't imagine losing one of my kids. So my thoughts and prayers go out to all those that lost family members. 

If there is anything I can ever do, please don't hesitate to ask. 

I am sorry to read this Pix.  You have had a tough run lately that would break many.  You have always had a good heart since the times I first found Bear Talk over 20 years ago and you still do.  I hope the Bears can help bring you joy with this new era beginning.  This site has been my escape even though the team hasn't been exactly how we would like it to be.

2 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

I am sorry to read this Pix.  You have had a tough run lately that would break many.  You have always had a good heart since the times I first found Bear Talk over 20 years ago and you still do.  I hope the Bears can help bring you joy with this new era beginning.  This site has been my escape even though the team hasn't been exactly how we would like it to be.

Thanks. I appreciate everyone's kind response. I must admit, I'm embarrassed I shared this with everyone. It wasn't my intention. Sometimes, I vent openly only because it seems to help the healing process, rather than keeping it to myself. Living alone, it is usually just me and four walls that hear my complaints. LOL

A playoff run by the Bears would certainly be a welcome distraction! 

23 minutes ago, Pixote said:

Thanks. I appreciate everyone's kind response. I must admit, I'm embarrassed I shared this with everyone. It wasn't my intention. Sometimes, I vent openly only because it seems to help the healing process, rather than keeping it to myself. Living alone, it is usually just me and four walls that hear my complaints. LOL

A playoff run by the Bears would certainly be a welcome distraction! 

I'm glad you did share it.

On 5/4/2024 at 12:58 PM, Pixote said:

Pix, 

My condolences.  I just lost my mother about 10 days ago so I haven't been online much recently.  I cannot imagine what you have endured.  Your message rings true.  Our families are a gift, Bear Down and make the time for them. 

1 hour ago, AZ54 said:

Pix, 

My condolences.  I just lost my mother about 10 days ago so I haven't been online much recently.  I cannot imagine what you have endured.  Your message rings true.  Our families are a gift, Bear Down and make the time for them. 

Dang AZ, so sorry to hear this.  Prayers to you and yours...🙏

1 hour ago, AZ54 said:

Pix, 

I am so saddened to hear about the loss of your Mother. I know your family has faced multiple challenges this year. My thoughts are with you and your loved ones.

Please take care and stay safe.

6 minutes ago, Pixote said:

I am so saddened to hear about the loss of your Mother. I know your family has faced multiple challenges this year. My thoughts are with you and your loved ones.

Please take care and stay safe.

Thank you!  

Sorry to hear about your mother, both of my parents have died but they luckily  made it till their late 80s and had health until their last few years. So the best you can wish for anyone is a healthy  long life.  Dont know the age of everyone one on here but Im 71 and pretty healthy minus a broken neck and 4 joint implants . Pay attention to your health because its harder to recover when you get older. Eating better food souces has extended my life. I havent eaten at McD for over 9 years now. Fast food needs to be kept at a minimium becauses its not healthy food.