Kiran Amegadjie, OT, Yale, Pick #75

adam

This is a good pick in terms of BPA. Raw upside but needs some development. I like what they are doing and expect next year we will see a few more defensive selections. I wonder if they go db / safety in round 4 or maybe stick with them and take an interior / center prospect. 

27 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

This is a good pick in terms of BPA. Raw upside but needs some development. I like what they are doing and expect next year we will see a few more defensive selections. I wonder if they go db / safety in round 4 or maybe stick with them and take an interior / center prospect. 

Need someone to help in pass rush, IMO. 

Based on Poles’ comments a moment ago, it sound like the Bears were debating between the highest guy on their board (Amegadjie) or taking someone further down their board that filled a need in Bralen Trice, and when Trice went to the Falcons a spot before them, that made their decision for them. 

I watched Kiran's highlight video and, all of a sudden, had a mad urge for breakfast.

I never saw so many pancakes being served up by an OLT. 

Then I read his interview on the Bears home site. I was blown away! Kiran is such an incredible guy, a true diehard Bears fan living his dream. Can you believe it? His chance encounter a year ago with Flus at a Golf Club, where he boldly proclaimed to him that one day he'd be sitting in his office at Hallas Hall. And now, he's living that dream.

We can see he has the physical attributes. But when you pair that with his desire to be the best, you have something special. He talked about meeting with our OL Coach and how he was anxious to get to work. Braxton, look out—you better believe you have someone who wants your job!

Love the pick!

He is the clone to Braxton, physical specimen from a small school. Rated higher than Braxton with more upside. If Braxton doesn't keep progressing, we have a replacement in the wings. All the good teams have depth on the OL we are now starting to build that.

4 hours ago, Pixote said:

I watched Kiran's highlight video and, all of a sudden, had a mad urge for breakfast.

I never saw so many pancakes being served up by an OLT. 

Then I read his interview on the Bears home site. I was blown away! Kiran is such an incredible guy, a true diehard Bears fan living his dream. Can you believe it? His chance encounter a year ago with Flus at a Golf Club, where he boldly proclaimed to him that one day he'd be sitting in his office at Hallas Hall. And now, he's living that dream.

We can see he has the physical attributes. But when you pair that with his desire to be the best, you have something special. He talked about meeting with our OL Coach and how he was anxious to get to work. Braxton, look out—you better believe you have someone who wants your job!

Love the pick!

Great summary!

I have read a few articles that said he is athletic enough to slide inside. So he could compete with Jones at LT or Davis at G. Since Jenkins can play both sides. They could slide Jenkins to RG and have Amegadjie play LG (if he is better on the left). 

So now they have options.

9 minutes ago, adam said:

I have read a few articles that said he is athletic enough to slide inside. So he could compete with Jones at LT or Davis at G. Since Jenkins can play both sides. They could slide Jenkins to RG and have Amegadjie play LG (if he is better on the left). 

So now they have options.

I think the idea is to have a good rotation of players to keep everyone fresh and healthy. That said, you gotta hope that a top five emerges so they can really gel after the first four or five games.  

On 4/27/2024 at 9:08 AM, Stinger226 said:

He is the clone to Braxton, physical specimen from a small school. Rated higher than Braxton with more upside. If Braxton doesn't keep progressing, we have a replacement in the wings. All the good teams have depth on the OL we are now starting to build that.

Comparing to Jones, his arm length is over 1"  longer, he is stronger and can handle the bull rush.  I don't think we are looking at a starter year one, but a swing OT and possible LG if needed as he gets accustomed to NFL speed.  Jones will have competition, which is good.  I am happy to see Poles make Oline a priority.  I wish he had addressed the C with someone with a higher ceiling than Bates, but I am sure in time it will be addressed.