Colt Brennan

CrackerDog

Its called pressure. I think if anything, there exploiting Hawaii's offensive line. Brennan still is showing that he is extremely accurate and he's really only had one miscue. He's going to be a stud in the NFL and the next Chicago Bears quarterback! :)

Youre probably the only person taking that from this game. All this game is showing is that if he played in a real conference he would be an average quarterback at best

Youre probably the only person taking that from this game. All this game is showing is that if he played in a real conference he would be an average quarterback at best

Or that Georgia's defense is the best in the nation. There dominating the line of scrimmage yet Colt still is completing passes. One thing I see though is he doesn't have the best pocket awareness which is probably because he has never seen that much pressure before until now. I still think he's gonna be somethin special.

Brennan is garbage, simple. Well, that's a little harsh, but he isn't a top tier QB prospect. His only hope is that he gets drafted into a WCO with a couple years to develop.

I don't think he is someone who's going to come in and start right away, your right about that part, but his abilities translate very well to the NFL and his body of work speaks for itself..

In fact, Hawaii doesn't really belong on the same field as Georgia. Too bad to since I was really looking forward to this game.

I can't say this really means that Colt isn't an NFL Qb but it does clearly show that Hawaii doesn't stand a chance against upper echelon teams. I thought there offense would be able to move the ball against a great Georgia defense but the oline has just failed to give Colt any time to make a play while defensively they were manhandled (which I expected given the fact that Hawaii doesn't have many legit athletes on D).

I'm not Colt's biggest fan, but Colt could play for any D1 program in the country, the only thing this game is really showing is that Hawaii would be an average team if they played in a legit conference. Colt has made some really impressive passes today but he's also had to make a ton of dump offs and has been scrambling every where due to pressure.

I do think he will slide in the draft partly due to this game and it could turn into a blessing cause a team will for sure be able to get him in the 2nd round and there is a shot, that he could even slide into the 3rd.

I was praying for a USC vs. Georgia rose bowl... That would have been a great game. I am a big supporter of tradition, but I'm a bigger supporter of great games. So far both of the big games have sucked. And I have a feeling none of the rest will be a whole lot better.

Oklahoma vs. WVU, should be a decent game, but WVU vs. Virginia Tech would be a whole lot better, IMO. And how the freak does Kansas make a BCS game? If it was up to me, the bcs bowl games would have looked like this:

Rose - Georgia vs. USC

Sugar - Illinois vs. Missouri

Fiesta - Oklahoma vs. Hawaii (I know it would be a blow out like today, but we all remember last years Fiesta bowl)

Orange - WVU vs. Virginia Tech

NCG - Ohio St. vs. LSU

That would be at least 4 good games right there.

I was praying for a USC vs. Georgia rose bowl... That would have been a great game. I am a big supporter of tradition, but I'm a bigger supporter of great games. So far both of the big games have sucked. And I have a feeling none of the rest will be a whole lot better.

Oklahoma vs. WVU, should be a decent game, but WVU vs. Virginia Tech would be a whole lot better, IMO. And how the freak does Kansas make a BCS game? If it was up to me, the bcs bowl games would have looked like this:

Rose - Georgia vs. USC

Sugar - Georgia vs. Missouri

Fiesta - Oklahoma vs. Hawaii (I know it would be a blow out like today, but we all remember last years Fiesta bowl)

Orange - WVU vs. Virginia Tech

NCG - Ohio St. vs. LSU

That would be at least 4 good games right there.

I would have liked to see the following:

Hawaii vs Kansas (two spread type offenses go up against each other for an amazingly fun game to watch, even though both teams are the worse two teams in the BCS)

Georgia vs USC (with exception to OU, you are talking about two of the best non championship teams)

Virginia

Oklahoma vs Virginia Tech - Two damn good programs and what were two of the top ranked teams all season long battle against each other

West Virginia vs Illinois - West Virginia is the better version of Illinois offense (ie, Slayden/White >>> Mendenhall/Juice) but the Illini have Benn and some good playmakers and I think this would have been a fun matchup given the amount of athletes that would be on the field.

God would those games have been better than the crap we've got to see thus far.

I would have liked to see the following:

Hawaii vs Kansas (two spread type offenses go up against each other for an amazingly fun game to watch, even though both teams are the worse two teams in the BCS)

Georgia vs USC (with exception to OU, you are talking about two of the best non championship teams)

Virginia

Oklahoma vs Virginia Tech - Two damn good programs and what were two of the top ranked teams all season long battle against each other

West Virginia vs Illinois - West Virginia is the better version of Illinois offense (ie, Slayden/White >>> Mendenhall/Juice) but the Illini have Benn and some good playmakers and I think this would have been a fun matchup given the amount of athletes that would be on the field.

God would those games have been better than the crap we've got to see thus far.

How could you put Kansas in the BCS? Missouri deserved to be in there and got ripped the freak off. Damn, I just realized I had Georgia listed twice, lol.

How could you put Kansas in the BCS? Missouri deserved to be in there and got ripped the freak off. Damn, I just realized I had Georgia listed twice, lol.

I was going off the teams that were put into the BCS. I agree completely that Mizzu should be in over Kansas but I wasn't changing the actual BCS teams just the schedule showing how much better they could have had things.

People who claim this game showed them that Brennan isn't a good QB are delusional. I recall numerous specific plays in which the Hawaii offensive linemen were on their backs within 1 second of the snap. Put him behind a good O-Line that will give him time and he will absolutely carve up every defense.

People who claim this game showed them that Brennan isn't a good QB are delusional. I recall numerous specific plays in which the Hawaii offensive linemen were on their backs within 1 second of the snap. Put him behind a good O-Line that will give him time and he will absolutely carve up every defense.

Okay. I remember plays where he had no idea where pressure was coming from and apparently couldn't be bothered to look. And, he didn't get any better as the game went on. And, his funky delivery is a problem.

You're right, this game doesn't prove that he isn't a good qb. But he looked so incredibly lost, it does convince me that he's not even close to being ready now. He needs some MAJOR redemption during Senior Bowl week to deserve a 2nd round look.

Ok so lets just this one game break Colt Brennan who has proven over his career that he can win games with his arm and he threw 58 touchdown passes last year. I could give a shit wether or not he played a tough schedule. Tony Romo didn't play many tough schedules and look where he is.. I'd like to see any quarterback go up against that defense we saw tonight. He was on his back every throw, it will eventually get into your head if they hit you enough times.

Ok so lets just this one game break Colt Brennan who has proven over his career that he can win games with his arm and he threw 58 touchdown passes last year. I could give a shit wether or not he played a tough schedule. Tony Romo didn't play many tough schedules and look where he is.. I'd like to see any quarterback go up against that defense we saw tonight. He was on his back every throw, it will eventually get into your head if they hit you enough times.

Since you're making the hackneyed Romo comparison, I will admit that it would be fine if the Bears sign Brennan as an undrafted free agent. Even if it takes three years before he's ready to take the helm. If that's all people want, I'm totally on board.

Brennan was under pressure all day it was unbelievable. Was it just me or did he look very Dan McGwireish when he tried to scramble. Looked akward at it

He had no idea which side the pressure was coming from and where to run to. And the NFL-type hit that he took from the Georgia lineman on the 4 yard line (which was fumbled into a touchdown) was one of the meanest hits I have seen in college football in a while. You could see Brennans head snap back in slow motion and in realtime.

I don't think he is someone who's going to come in and start right away, your right about that part, but his abilities translate very well to the NFL and his body of work speaks for itself..

When you talk about "body of work" and translating that to the NFL, you really have to be careful with Hawaii and Texas Tech QBs. The kids that run the spread offense really have a hard time in the NFL, the body of work becomes pretty meaningless when they have fast athletic defenses flying towards them at all times.

I read an argument that "if he had a better O-line" his results would have been better. Isnt that true of any QB? Havent we been saying the same damn thing all year long about the Bears? Moving to the NFL does not mean that you will automatically get a better O-line and it will become easier for these QBs that look like they have the tools for the NFL.

There really isn't any reason to get emotional about this. The kid appears to be short (I don't believe he's really 6-3) and he throws side arm 90% of the time. He didn't look to have a pocket presence either. His line didn't help and it was clear the entire Hawaii team was outclassed. That said, I'd never spend a first day pick on Brennan. That's my opinion based on what I saw. The kid stepped up in class and like many horses he got beat by the field. He came away from the game saying he'd never seen a defense move that quickly. Just wait Colt! The worst team in the NFL is 100% faster and better than anything in college.

Of course, if he drops until a later pick on day 2, it'd be worth it for a team that can pick him and let him develop. He may have what it takes to get used to the speed of the NFL given time.

There really isn't any reason to get emotional about this. The kid appears to be short (I don't believe he's really 6-3) and he throws side arm 90% of the time. He didn't look to have a pocket presence either. His line didn't help and it was clear the entire Hawaii team was outclassed. That said, I'd never spend a first day pick on Brennan. That's my opinion based on what I saw. The kid stepped up in class and like many horses he got beat by the field. He came away from the game saying he'd never seen a defense move that quickly. Just wait Colt! The worst team in the NFL is 100% faster and better than anything in college.

Of course, if he drops until a later pick on day 2, it'd be worth it for a team that can pick him and let him develop. He may have what it takes to get used to the speed of the NFL given time.

Great post. I would not mind bringing him in with a late day 2 pick (5th round or later).

Peace :bears