No more Big Baby in Detroit

Ed Hochuli 3:16

He probably is sick of that horrible management up here. If he came to a team that has won in the not so distant past, and a team that looks like it could win with a few moves, then he might actually use 100% of his talent and have a great year. Look, if we got Rogers, we'd line him up next to Tommie at the starting role, and Dvoracek could come in for either of the 2. We all know Tommie will never be 100%, so if he ever needs 2-4 snaps off, here comes Dusty. If Rogers ever needed 2-4 snaps off, here comes Dusty.

This guy is a bum. he has loads of talent but his bs of not wanting to have to play during games and playing like shit on the road isnt worth it. Theres a reason why a terrible defensive team would cut their best defensive player and it isnt sheer awesomeness.

I agree 100%. This quote from the article says it all:

"based on what Marinelli preaches. Marinelli, a former defensive line coach, wants hardworking, consistent defensive linemen to drive the franchise. Rogers has had problems with his attitude, health and weight. He has been inconsistent and has underachieved, especially at crunch time. He was a non-factor during the six-game losing streak that eliminated the Lions from the playoffs."

Considering what d-linemen cost and he's a two time pro-bowler, if he's cut, somebody will give him a big contract. Considering we're going to have to pay big-time to resign Tommie (who will be a free agent afte this year) it's definitely not worth it.

Personally I'm hoping we restructure Darwin Walker's deal to make it more "cap-manageable" for this year.

If not Walker, Adams looked good the 2nd half of the season. Dvoracek, if he can return healthy, should regain his starting spot. Not to mention Antonio Garay & Matt Toeaina looked good at times. We're not desperate at this position.

LOL, could you imagine that D-Line. Brown, O-Gun, Anderson, Haynesworth, Harris, Dvoracek. The QB might just want to start kneeling down to cut down the sack yardage.

You wouldnt be able to run on us either, BOTH the tackles would need to be constantly double teamed which would leave our ends to tee off on passing downs. Urlacher would run untouched too because Haynesworth and Harris would be in the backfield all day.

We don't want Rogers. He has character issues, much like Tank, minus the guns. Haynesworth would be awesome, but will never happen. He will get the richest DT contract (until we resign Tommie). That tandem sure would look good out there though. Maybe it's possible? I mean, how does Minny keep the Williams boys? Their contracts can't be cheap, either.

You wouldnt be able to run on us either, BOTH the tackles would need to be constantly double teamed which would leave our ends to tee off on passing downs. Urlacher would run untouched too because Haynesworth and Harris would be in the backfield all day.

I could just see Urlacher's sack total at 27 :cheers

We don't want Rogers. He has character issues, much like Tank, minus the guns. Haynesworth would be awesome, but will never happen. He will get the richest DT contract (until we resign Tommie). That tandem sure would look good out there though. Maybe it's possible? I mean, how does Minny keep the Williams boys? Their contracts can't be cheap, either.

Some people might say Haynesworth stomping on someones face during a game might make him a candidate to have character issues.

Some people might say Haynesworth stomping on someones face during a game might make him a candidate to have character issues.

LOL yes just a little. He is a turd...he is an awesome DT yes...but still a turd. Saying that I would take him in a heartbeat. Urlacher would be having wet dreams at the thought of playing behind Harris and Haynesworth...

I don't know if you can call one single incident a character issue. The guy made an utterly stupid and dangerous mistake, but he seems like he has turned it around since then.

SprungOnSports (Long Island): Would Shaun Rogers be a good fit in a 3-4 defense like the Jets?

sn2.gif KC Joyner: (4:06 PM ET ) Not last year's Shaun Rogers. The reason Detroit isn't bringing him back is that he had an awful year. I don't have the numbers right in front of me but his success percentage and YPA on POA runs in 2007 were terrible.

Interesting quote. This is nothing but a wild ass guess but I assume that's Yards Per Attempt on Point of Attack runs? If not ,what is that stat? Question #2 is where do you get your hands on that kind of info? Seems like one of those tasks a quality control coach gets stuck with.

Interesting quote. This is nothing but a wild ass guess but I assume that's Yards Per Attempt on Point of Attack runs? If not ,what is that stat? Question #2 is where do you get your hands on that kind of info? Seems like one of those tasks a quality control coach gets stuck with.

With that guy, it's basically mostly info he compiles from videotape. His job right now consists of watching an awful lot of football video tape and putting out stat and fantasy guides with all the details he's seen. So if he says a guy has a bad season, in general, it's believable.