Javon Walker to be cut

Da Bears 88

The Broncos haven't spoken to Javon Walker's agent since the end of the season. The Denver Post expects him to be cut or traded within a month.

Walker isn't going to to take a paycut to stay in Denver. Considering the health of his knee, we seriously doubt that any other team will trade for him. Look for Walker to hit the open market.

Let Berrian walk and take a chance on Walker. :pray

I know he can be a pain in the ass and is injury prone but this is a good situation for us to look at. We know he has top caliber talent and we might be able to get him for cheaper than Berrian. Ive pretty much been shitting on a lot of the ideas to get wide receivers this off season but if Walker is cut I would be a big fan of giving him a chance here because he wouldnt be insanely expensive and we dont have to give up any draft picks.

On this case, I agree. If you bring Grossman back, with his solid deep arm, and decide to try to play to win now and not rebuild, Walker is a potentially excellent option for the Bears. He might not want to play there for whatever reason and there's nothing you could do about that, but it's worth a shot. Walker, Hester, and Some combination of Bradley/Davis/Hass is a much better WR corps than what the Bears are sitting on right now.

He might be a good option for us but if he's cut you have to wonder why. Injury worse than we know? Attitude or practice habits worse than we know? Or is it simply a salary cap move?

My guess is a cap move and that he's getting up there in age. He'd be a threat, maybe even our #1, even if we keep Berrian, if Walker is healthy.

He might be a good option for us but if he's cut you have to wonder why. Injury worse than we know? Attitude or practice habits worse than we know? Or is it simply a salary cap move?

Id say its all of the above, but the only way a receiver with his talent is picked up that easily is gonna be a risk, but if it pays off it could be huge

On this case, I agree. If you bring Grossman back, with his solid deep arm, and decide to try to play to win now and not rebuild, Walker is a potentially excellent option for the Bears. He might not want to play there for whatever reason and there's nothing you could do about that, but it's worth a shot. Walker, Hester, and Some combination of Bradley/Davis/Hass is a much better WR corps than what the Bears are sitting on right now.

Don't forget about our tandem receiving TE threat of Clark & Olsen! This Recieving Corp would rival any in the league!

Don't forget about our tandem receiving TE threat of Clark & Olsen! This Recieving Corp would rival any in the league!

I think you'd be overstating the case there a lot unless a couple guys stepped up big time, but on paper it'd at least be significantly better than last year's. If Hester suddenly turned in to Steve Smith then you could be right, but I think the Bears have every right to be happy with "Adequate" from their receiving corps right now, if they could get to that point.

I think you'd be overstating the case there a lot unless a couple guys stepped up big time, but on paper it'd at least be significantly better than last year's. If Hester suddenly turned in to Steve Smith then you could be right, but I think the Bears have every right to be happy with "Adequate" from their receiving corps right now, if they could get to that point.

You are right--- "Could" rival is more appropriate especially since we can't assume OL, RB were addressed!

YES!! My prediction on another site where I got bashed for saying Walker would lead us in receiving yards this year may come true. If we resigned Berrian, got Walker, and drafted Jerome Simpson out of Coastal Carolina, along with Hester/Bradley and Moose, we'd have one helluva WR corps.

Isn't that the guy with the freakishly long arms and freakishly huge hands that Todd McShay was talking about on ESPN a few weeks back?

Isn't that the guy with the freakishly long arms and freakishly huge hands that Todd McShay was talking about on ESPN a few weeks back?

Yes! He has the longest arms of any player at any position in the draft, as well as the 2nd biggest hands of any player in the draft, and that's including DL men or OL men. I want him in the 3rd or 4th round soooo bad. :headbang :notworthy

Yes! He has the longest arms of any player at any position in the draft, as well as the 2nd biggest hands of any player in the draft, and that's including DL men or OL men. I want him in the 3rd or 4th round soooo bad. :headbang :notworthy

Yeah thats what I thought. I'd take a shot on him, we need another standout receiver next to Berrian.

One thing that should be pointed out is Walker's injury history. I think if you bring him in you either keep Moose or go after a veteran slot type receiver (David Patten or whomever) that way if Walker goes down you still have some options (since Walker does tend to get hurt).

I'd love to go after Walker and get him and hopefully have him play motivated cause he would be an awesome addition, when healthy, to the WR corps.

I admire how loyal some of you are to Hass, but the reality is, he will not see the field. It seems as though he could fill a Tom Waddle niche, but if he didn't play last year, his chances are even slimmer this year.

You have to wonder when these position coaches are going to become accountable for our failure to develop...

• 3 weeks later...