1 hour ago1 hr comment_235764 16 minutes ago, Pixote said:BJ has always been an aggressive play caller. We saw him go for it on 4th down many times with Detroit. I'm not sure, but I believe he led the league in 4th-down go-for-it attempts during his time with Detroit. I like his aggressive style. That's why we hired him. Now, when he went for it deep in our own territory, I think that was a mistake he would like to take back.Given his success with us, I am not about to ask him to change his approach.Up 7-0, you gotta go up 10-0. After that. You can go for it. Situational football gives BJ more options in the long run. He needs to grow a little more IMO. Report
1 hour ago1 hr comment_235765 26 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:Up 7-0, you gotta go up 10-0. After that. You can go for it. Situational football gives BJ more options in the long run. He needs to grow a little more IMO.Agreed. There was nothing positive in the three plays leading up to that 4th and goal. Just take your gifted 3 points and go up two scores. Report
1 hour ago1 hr comment_235766 Bagent needs to start the next game. I see a lot of the media and here saying Keenum had a great game. While he played as well as you can expect a 38 year old third string QB to play it wasn’t all good. He does not have the arm strength to get the ball outside the numbers. There were far too many close plays on the few outside throws and too often Bears WRs turned into defenders. If he starts the next game DBs will be jumping those routes. You don’t want to take away throws outside the numbers because the safeties will sit on the inside routes and some will get hit hard. Bagent doesn’t have the strongest arm but it’s better than Case. He can hit those 10 yard outs better. Plus Case can’t run which removes all read option plays. Celebrate the win. Celebrate that we have a serviceable 3rd QB which is rare. Then get Bagent ready. Report
44 minutes ago44 min comment_235767 "Celebrate the win. Celebrate that we have a serviceable 3rd QB which is rare. Then get Bagent ready"Then trade Keenum to the Giants for a draft pick or edge. Report
42 minutes ago42 min comment_235768 To be honest I’m surprised about the negativity about last nights game in this chat. I have just watched it in the UK. I didn’t stop up to watch it because I’m just over 60 and staying up that late is now a killer. I only do this now for playoff games and hopefully the Superbowl when we make it. I did not expect us to win the game and not as easy as we did. It's been a long time since we easily beat teams, and I could sit back thinking it's unlikely this team will come back on us. I don't care what BJ chooses to do, I am thankful he is our head coach. After some of the muppets who have held this position, I have to say I’m shocked anyone on the forum questions his decision-making. I think we have a really good chance of having a great season this year, which will be harder than last year since our schedule will be harder. I look forward to enjoying the ride all the way to the Superbowl, and jus in case you wonder, I haven't had any Kool-Aid. Report
3 minutes ago3 min comment_235769 2 hours ago, adam said:The one thing about taking points, a FG is not guaranteed points, Santos had one blocked and a 2nd one almost was. So I am ok going for it in most cases. Johnson is just the extreme.there is a big difference on this week and last also. i 'believe' we shit canned the SP long snapper who was terrible, and brought back the older vet. PLUS we were smart enough not to have ROUCHE in blocking. you are a stat guy. compare successful 4th down plays against unsuccessful field goals. i would love to see those odds in vegas.so yea, field goals are not a given but i stand by what i said. you take the points. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.