Monday at 04:55 PM2 days comment_235898 28 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:Or the defense, sans Johnson’s performance, played well overall.That play AZ highlighted was exactly the same one I saw. He literally moved out of the way of the guy who caught a pass to let other defenders tackle him. Between that and his inability to keep pace with the better route runners shows his best days are behind him. IMHO.CB needs to be one of the day 1 or 2 pick, preferably day 2. Muhammed is a 4th round gem. My hope is they are aggressive adding to the defensive line to build a strong rotation. They need to replace the higher contract and aging players soon. I doubt the flush them all but need to have talent Report
Monday at 08:17 PM2 days comment_235907 3 hours ago, 50england50 said:Who cares what trade value Bagent has. All I want is to win the game. Offense has looked poor today. Hopefully the offense is better in the second half, and Bagent has a great half.Game first, but trade value is what it is. Bagent can start in this league and has already been told that he'll get his shot somewhere. Your team begins to become special when you afford to trade your UDFA QB for a second round pick. It shows that you are developing your players and coaches. (Note: Declan Doyle and Randal El)3 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:CB needs to be one of the day 1 or 2 pick, preferably day 2. Muhammed is a 4th round gem. My hope is they are aggressive adding to the defensive line to build a strong rotation. They need to replace the higher contract and aging players soon. I doubt the flush them all but need to have talentI can honestly see us drafting all the levels of the defense in the first two days. Add a RB and OL. Also, add QB due to Bagent leaving to be a starter. Report
Monday at 11:53 PM1 day comment_235912 3 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:Game first, but trade value is what it is. Bagent can start in this league and has already been told that he'll get his shot somewhere. Your team begins to become special when you afford to trade your UDFA QB for a second round pick. It shows that you are developing your players and coaches. (Note: Declan Doyle and Randal El)I can honestly see us drafting all the levels of the defense in the first two days. Add a RB and OL. Also, add QB due to Bagent leaving to be a starter.I am always thinking both today and tomorrow, which is sometimes too much.Right on. I've been mocking just that.... DE, DT, CB, OT, RB, and QB. RB probably don't happen with Swift extended and the 3rd back needs to be ST stud first and good all around in run, catch, and blocking. Things can change if they carry 4 RBs. Report
20 hours ago20 hr Author comment_235933 You can see what a difference he makes in run defense. Plus he's sticky in man coverage. I still think he was supposed to stay over the top on the one deep TD the Jets got. Still just 4 weeks in and he is the leading tackler on our defense and has been the leading tackler in every game. Report
20 hours ago20 hr Author comment_235934 Definitely looks sticky to me. What I like best watching this film is how our DBs, including the rookie, know their assignment coming out of all the stacked formations and they don't trip over each other. It won't always be that way as better teams will run better interference fits but 4 wks in Malik is looking good especially for having learned and started at two positions. Report
16 hours ago16 hr comment_235938 I can’t repeat it enough how happy I am Al Harris stayed with the Bears. Report
17 minutes ago17 min comment_235942 16 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:I can’t repeat it enough how happy I am Al Harris stayed with the Bears.amen Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.