Berrian officially a Viking...

BearSox

Oh, and I just wanted to point out to everyone how freakin stupid it was to not franchise Berrian.

Oh well. Life will go on without Berrian. $7 million a year for a #2 WR.......buh bye.

Oh, and I just wanted to point out to everyone how freakin stupid it was to not franchise Berrian.

Why was it stupid not to franchise him? The thing is, if we had franchised him, it's not likely a team would trade for him and pay him. We sure as hell wouldn't have dealt with a team in our own division.

Lance Briggs was a pro-bowler. We franchised him, and he became the most consistent player on one of the worst defenses in the NFL. If he resigns with the Bears, the franchise tag was ok. If not, "Bad deal."

Berrian's contract made him one of the highest paid players in NFL history. The kicker is this: Where does Berrian rank among current NFL WR's??? I doubt he's even in the top 20.

It sucks he's leaving, but that's a ton of money for a #2 WR.

Why was it stupid not to franchise him? The thing is, if we had franchised him, it's not likely a team would trade for him and pay him. We sure as hell wouldn't have dealt with a team in our own division.

Lance Briggs was a pro-bowler. We franchised him, and he became the most consistent player on one of the worst defenses in the NFL. If he resigns with the Bears, the franchise tag was ok. If not, "Bad deal."

Berrian's contract made him one of the highest paid players in NFL history. The kicker is this: Where does Berrian rank among current NFL WR's??? I doubt he's even in the top 20.

It sucks he's leaving, but that's a ton of money for a #2 WR.

Chad Johnson, T.J. Houshmenzada, T.O., Moss, Burres, Fitzgerald, Boldin, Holt, Colston, A. Johnson, Harrison, Wayne, Welker, Ward, Braylon Edwards, Donald Driver, Roy Williams,Chris Chambers, Calvin Johnson, and Kevin Curtis are all receivers that I would rather have then Berrian. And he is now amongst the top four in salary, excuse me if I say that that is #%!@#! ridiculous! Let Minny have him, we will see how often the great Tavarous Jackson gets him the ball.

MAybee we can get D.J. Hackett or B. Johnson if he hasn't signed with the Bills already. Buck Ferrian!!!!!!!! :bears

Berrian is a top 20 receiver and he is a no. 1 receiver. Imagine how good of a year he would have had last year if there was a QB who could consistently get him the ball and a run game. Defenses knew he was our go to guy, yet he still racked up 950~ yards. Put him on a team with consistent QB play and a running game, he racks up well over 1000 yards.

Depending on how Jackson develops, which I actually think he will develop good, I could easily see Berrian having a pro-bowl year.

During the 2007 season every time he dropped a pass, and he dropped as many passes as his "wow" catches, everyone was screaming how we should get rid of the bum. When he missed blocking assignments there were posters wanting us to cut him. Now that the season is over the same posters want to give him #1 WR money or franchise him and make him a king.

The stupid thing would have been to overpay the guy. To be honest, I thought the Bears offered him too much as it was.

When we traded Booker many were pissed. What did he do in Miami?

When we lost Marcus Robinson to the Vikings many thought this was the end of the world, what did he do for Minny?

Both Booker and MRob were damn better WRs than Berrian.

If JA was, as you say, freakin stupid, for not franchising Berrian, thank God for stupidity, for I agree with JA all the way on this one, he was not worth a franchise tag and certainly not worth any where near what he signed for in Minny.

Chad Johnson, T.J. Houshmenzada, T.O., Moss, Burres, Fitzgerald, Boldin, Holt, Colston, A. Johnson, Harrison, Wayne, Welker, Ward, Braylon Edwards, Donald Driver, Roy Williams,Chris Chambers, Calvin Johnson, and Kevin Curtis are all receivers that I would rather have then Berrian. And he is now amongst the top four in salary, excuse me if I say that that is #%!@#! ridiculous! Let Minny have him, we will see how often the great Tavarous Jackson gets him the ball.

MAybee we can get D.J. Hackett or B. Johnson if he hasn't signed with the Bills already. Buck Ferrian!!!!!!!! :bears

Thos players you listed are all not better then Berrian. Bold = yes, better; Italics = debateable, and Welker = no. With the weapons the Patriots had on offense last year, I think you could put me in place of Welker and still rack up some catches. T.O., I thought about bolding him, but he is in the downside of his career. Holt and Harrison are both in the same boat as T.O.... The rest are debateable. So you listed, for sure, 9 receivers that are better, or rather, a team would rather have.

Thos players you listed are all not better then Berrian. Bold = yes, better; Italics = debateable, and Welker = no. With the weapons the Patriots had on offense last year, I think you could put me in place of Welker and still rack up some catches. T.O., I thought about bolding him, but he is in the downside of his career. Holt and Harrison are both in the same boat as T.O.... The rest are debateable. So you listed, for sure, 9 receivers that are better, or rather, a team would rather have.

TO, Holt, and Harrison may be on the downsides of their careers but they are all #1 receivers and still much better than Berrian. Driver is also much better. You can possibly debate Chambers and Welker but I would bet most teams would take them over Berrien.

Peace :bears

Berrian is a top 20 receiver and he is a no. 1 receiver. Imagine how good of a year he would have had last year if there was a QB who could consistently get him the ball and a run game. Defenses knew he was our go to guy, yet he still racked up 950~ yards. Put him on a team with consistent QB play and a running game, he racks up well over 1000 yards.

Depending on how Jackson develops, which I actually think he will develop good, I could easily see Berrian having a pro-bowl year.

Are you out of your mind? Berrian is not a number one receiver in the grand scheme of things. He is a one tool player. Hes too small and weak to be a teams number one option.

Are you out of your mind? Berrian is not a number one receiver in the grand scheme of things. He is a one tool player. Hes too small and weak to be a teams number one option.

He's 6-1, about 180-190 lbs. Granted, it's not ideal size, he's still got good height. And he is more then a 1 tool player. Just because he is fast doesn't mean all he can do are flies. He has good quickness and can make cuts, and has the ability to get open. He was our no. 1, he will be the Vikings no. 1, and he would be the no. 1 on a lot of teams. So don't give me all this shit about him not being a no. 1 because he is a no. 1. And if teams didn't view him as a no. 1, he wouldn't be making an average of 7 million a year.

I don't know what Berrian did to you or your family, but you are way undervalueing what Berrian brings to team and what he can do.

TO, Holt, and Harrison may be on the downsides of their careers but they are all #1 receivers and still much better than Berrian. Driver is also much better. You can possibly debate Chambers and Welker but I would bet most teams would take them over Berrien.

TO, Holt, Harrison, and Driver are all better (maybe not Driver anymore), but I guarantee if a team was going to give a 6 year 42 million dollar contract to one of those 4 or Berrian, they'd choice Berrian.

And Chambers, maybe, but I doubt it. He's older and has never really out pre-formed Berrian, except for one season. And Welker is so freakin overrated. If you replace Welker with Rashied Davis on the Pats offense, Davis could have a 70+ reception season.

TO, Holt, Harrison, and Driver are all better (maybe not Driver anymore), but I guarantee if a team was going to give a 6 year 42 million dollar contract to one of those 4 or Berrian, they'd choice Berrian.

And Chambers, maybe, but I doubt it. He's older and has never really out pre-formed Berrian, except for one season. And Welker is so freakin overrated. If you replace Welker with Rashied Davis on the Pats offense, Davis could have a 70+ reception season.

Well, you can guarentee all you want but that is simply your opinion. My opinion is he is not a top 20 receiver in the league. I would have loved to have keeped him but not at what the Queens gave him. I could be wrong but I think this will come back to burn them in the arse.

He's 6-1, about 180-190 lbs. Granted, it's not ideal size, he's still got good height. And he is more then a 1 tool player. Just because he is fast doesn't mean all he can do are flies. He has good quickness and can make cuts, and has the ability to get open. He was our no. 1, he will be the Vikings no. 1, and he would be the no. 1 on a lot of teams. So don't give me all this shit about him not being a no. 1 because he is a no. 1. And if teams didn't view him as a no. 1, he wouldn't be making an average of 7 million a year.

I don't know what Berrian did to you or your family, but you are way undervalueing what Berrian brings to team and what he can do.

One of his biggest problems, which Im pretty sure you were all over during the season, was his ability to not get open. He doesnt run very good routes and Fred Miller is a better blocker than him, and thats saying something.

One of his biggest problems, which Im pretty sure you were all over during the season, was his ability to not get open. He doesnt run very good routes and Fred Miller is a better blocker than him, and thats saying something.

no, I was actually one of the people defending Berrian all season. And I wouldn't say that Berrian is a bad route runner, but rather he cuts of his routes sometimes too early. And Blocking is the least of the things the Vikings are worried about with Berrian.

no, I was actually one of the people defending Berrian all season. And I wouldn't say that Berrian is a bad route runner, but rather he cuts of his routes sometimes too early. And Blocking is the least of the things the Vikings are worried about with Berrian.

Right, I mean he wouldnt have to bother blocking for Adrian Peterson downfield, now would he?

Hey Chuckles, put the crackpipe down. Berrian is a one trick pony. 42M????? Hell, that's sheer stupidity. Shitty route rout runner, too lazy to finish his routes, non existent downfield blocker and way too many drops to be considered a #1. He only looked good here because he was playing opposite Moose.

3rd down and 10, Tarvaris Jackson drops back and throws deep to Bernard Berrian!!!!!

Oh wait, the ball landed 10 yards behind him!!!!!

:lol:

I'll take Anquan Boldin over Berrain any day of the week and he has way outperformed Berrian on some BAD Cardinals teams. Not taking the time to go through the rest of the italicized WRs. Also your statement that there were teams who thought he was a #1 and were willing to pay him that money is incorrect, at least based on the fact only the Vikings offered him that much. He never went anywhere else so we only know that they think of him as being worth that much. But they paid a lot for Bobby Wade last year too and he was their #1 WR. We know how that worked out.

Goodbye Bernard, it was nice having you around but you're not worth that much coin.

Side note: I'm not saying I would pay Berrian that much, nor would, nor do I think he is even worth that much... all I'm doing is saying he is better then a lot of people here give him credit for, and I would take him on my team anyday.