Hamza Abdullah

Ed Hochuli 3:16

I think this guy would be a good pick up played saftey for the Broncos and seems to have some good potential

I'm not against it, I know nothing about him, but 4yrs $16 million is high for this time in free agency. Pay him a lot less because no one else seems to be interested in him. A 2 year deal to prove himself/Brown injury insurance and re-up him if he stars sounds like the norm for this time in FA.

I'm not even sure it would take that much. Abdullah was tendered the lowest tender (about $970,000 I think) and the Bears would only have to lose a 7th round draft pick (the round where Abdullah was drafted). Add in the fact that the Broncos seem to be preparing to move on without him, since they signed Marlon McCree and Marquand Manual this summer, and seems like a reasonable offer would keep the Broncos from matching. It would make particular sense because the safety class this year in the draft is looking particularly bad.

I'm not even sure it would take that much. Abdullah was tendered the lowest tender (about $970,000 I think) and the Bears would only have to lose a 7th round draft pick (the round where Abdullah was drafted). Add in the fact that the Broncos seem to be preparing to move on without him, since they signed Marlon McCree and Marquand Manual this summer, and seems like a reasonable offer would keep the Broncos from matching. It would make particular sense because the safety class this year in the draft is looking particularly bad.

Modest contract with a little frontloading should do. Not 4 mil per year.

This guy was ranked the 3rd best FA S by walterfootball, and from what I've heard/seen, he still has not been signed.

I'd love to add this guy for about 4 years, $16 million, which could essentially save us the need to draft a S in round 3.

At this point, I would rather see what we have in Payne and Gattis. McGowan and Manning looked better at the end of the yr. Brown will hopefully be back. Unless we are plugging in someone like Hamlin I am more interested in seeing what we have from out young players with Brown as the vet presence.

Peace :bears

Being fast enough to catch Ced from behind won't impress most Bears fans.

He actually just dove to the outside and hit his ankle while Ced was running by him. My point was that I figured a few of you Benson haters would have gone out and bought an Abdullah jersey because he put him out for the season. This type of statement about him getting caught from behind is the the reason I posted what I did in the first place.