Do you play as the Bears on Madden?

madlithuanian

I have to start this giving Bear Sox a little credit after I read a comment he made...

I'm sure at least some of you are Madden geeks, like myself. Heck, I'm so bad that I only own a system for only that game. Once I started playing in college, I couldn't stop.

My question to those of you who are in need of help, like me, is do you do any of the following:

1. Update your roster to the latest team, creating whoever you need?

2. Play with the Roster as if you were GM and create your own line-up making trades,etc that you'd like in a dream scenario?

3. Go for broke and create either an all-time Bears team or the '85 Bears team?

As there's not much to talk about at the moment...I couldn't resist.

Please elaborate...

I have to start this giving Bear Sox a little credit after I read a comment he made...

I'm sure at least some of you are Madden geeks, like myself. Heck, I'm so bad that I only own a system for only that game. Once I started playing in college, I couldn't stop.

My question to those of you who are in need of help, like me, is do you do any of the following:

2. Play with the Roster as if you were GM and create your own line-up making trades,etc that you'd like in a dream scenario?

Please elaborate...

I do option 1.

Needless to say I lose alot.

I've not yet played on line, and usually take on the computer or friend. And with our current Roster, I usually get my butt handed to me on All Madden.

I pretty much mostly play online and I play as the Bears, Ive stopped recently because Im sick of having to play with Orton and AP against the Patriots.

I hear you there.

I've done all 3...

Usually this time of the year, I tend to do option 2...thinking I can muster up a bette team in FA than what we've got.

I'll do option 3 when our team is really bad in order to make me feel better. There's nothing quite like creating Walter on O and Burkus on D...it's fantasty in the truist sense.

I do option 1.

Needless to say I lose alot.

I'm in need of some tips! All Madden is tough for me. I win most my games, but they are nail biters...

I play the Bears with Orton and Wolfe (2008) and am undefeated on all-madden for 3 years. I never play online, but I don't think I have lost a madden game to the computer or a friend since '06 first came out with the new passing system.

I hear ya...I put Booker on the moment he became a FA...

I like to keep the roster current as possible but will add potential draft picks or FA to the team and see what impact they might have on the Bears if they were signed or drafted. I currently have DJ Hacket as a WR on the Bears and like what he brings.

I used to love Madden. I played it 24/7 on my PS1.

But, the game has really dried up in my opinion. It's really dull, now.

Plus, 2k5 is a great game and really fun.

Also, the reviews are outstanding for it.

It may take me awhile to update the Bears rosters and of course the other 31 teams.

But, i can do it. :cheers

Anybody that has been undefeated for however many years take your game online and youll see theres people out there a lot better than your friends. The only person I know who plays online is Bearsox so hopefully he can vouch for that. You can feel free to check peoples ranking and record on the EA site, my handle is obviously DrunkBomber. They have however made the Patriots relatively unbeatable when used by a good opponent. You can literally throw anything at Moss and he will come down with it. In VIcks first year as a starter I used to be able to put up 100 points on people until they figured out how to shadow him with a nickleback

Anybody that has been undefeated for however many years take your game online and youll see theres people out there a lot better than your friends. The only person I know who plays online is Bearsox so hopefully he can vouch for that. You can feel free to check peoples ranking and record on the EA site, my handle is obviously DrunkBomber. They have however made the Patriots relatively unbeatable when used by a good opponent. You can literally throw anything at Moss and he will come down with it. In VIcks first year as a starter I used to be able to put up 100 points on people until they figured out how to shadow him with a nickleback

All you had to do was go in Hailmary formation and either scramble and outrun the defense or act like it and then chuck it 60 yards downfield for a touchdown.

Another good strategy that worked for me in last years game (for a while) was playing as Baltimore and spying with Ed Reed while using the Dollar Fire Blitz defense on basically every snap. They were so agressive that if you didn't throw it within 2 seconds you would be sacked nearly everytime. Ocassionally you will get those smart opponents that will quick throw it to the Tight End for usually about an 8-15 yard gain everytime so It can work against your average to below average opponent but most times not against the "Good guys".

With Denver, I just let Champ Bailey do all the work, he gets atleast an interception and sometimes a touchdown each game. They made him almost godlike with that new Icon thingy. I put him as my kick/punt returner to and he has some made crazy skills.

The thing about alot of sports games is they lag soo much, so I've stopped playing madden and converted to Call of Duty 4 :)

I used to love Madden. I played it 24/7 on my PS1.

But, the game has really dried up in my opinion. It's really dull, now.

Plus, 2k5 is a great game and really fun.

Also, the reviews are outstanding for it.

It may take me awhile to update the Bears rosters and of course the other 31 teams.

But, i can do it. :cheers

I also was a fan of NFL2k series and still a little bitter the NFL sold the exclusive rights to MADDEN. It's a shame because without competition these games do not change or evolve for the better of the fans who purchase them. But I did give in and bought the Mdden 07 for my original xbox.

Anyone know how to get decent return yards? I use Hester obviously, but I can't seem to do better than 10 yard per attempt.

I've got kickoff's down, but the kick returns have me stumped...

Please elaborate...

Maybe I'm using the wrong formation... I use the standard one....up the middle return. It seems their men are on my guy inches away and I can only get a few yards only when going at an angle that is almost side to side...

For kick returns? You can just hold up and get 20 yards

ahhh well I found out that if you use the truck stick it acts as an elusive stick too (Yeah I didn't know that haha) so with Hester especially, you will break atleast 1 or two tackles everytime just by timing it right. Also I mix in a spin or two sometimes and that may allow you to break the big one. Brian Westbrook and Adrian Peterson are my favorite runningbacks to be because of there elusiveness but AP has the amazing godlike speed/acceleration to go with hit.