Draft Contest

DABEARSDABOMB

It is a little late, but in honor of ITC3, I'll take over running the draft contest this year.

Please submit a first round mock draft to me via email (preferably in excel) to Bullsback@gmail.com . Please list from the #1 pick in the round to the last pick in the first round (you don't need to put the team name down as I will solely be looking at where a player is picked, not by whom they are picked). The person who has the most correct picks (regardless of trades, I will just go down the list and if the guy is picked at the number you said you will get one point) wins.

I have no idea what the tie-breaker would be, but maybe someone can come up with something.

The prize will be a $50 gift certificate to NFL Shops or Amazon or something like that (basically whatever the person's choosing).

Note: It will probably take me an extended period of time to actually score this (been working 11-12 hour days all week and have the same thing in store for me next week).

TieBreaker: In the case of a tie, I will give the win to the person who had the most actual 1st round picks (ie, the total number of players in there mock that actually went in rd 1).

2nd TieBreaker: If there is still a tie, I will go by the person who had the most consecutive picks in a row correct.

DABEARSDABOMB,

I just sent my picks...

Please let me know if you did not get them.

Thank you so much for doing this!

It is a little late, but in honor of ITC3, I'll take over running the draft contest this year.

Please submit a first round mock draft to me via email (preferably in excel) to Bullsback@gmail.com . Please list from the #1 pick in the round to the last pick in the first round (you don't need to put the team name down as I will solely be looking at where a player is picked, not by whom they are picked). The person who has the most correct picks (regardless of trades, I will just go down the list and if the guy is picked at the number you said you will get one point) wins.

I have no idea what the tie-breaker would be, but maybe someone can come up with something.

The prize will be a $50 gift certificate to NFL Shops or Amazon or something like that (basically whatever the person's choosing).

Note: It will probably take me an extended period of time to actually score this (been working 11-12 hour days all week and have the same thing in store for me next week).

So far:

MadLith

Nfo

I'll shoot out an email through the board later on today which will hopefully get out to the loyal members (since I know this wasn't set up until last minute). I look forward to beating everyone and not finishing like a fool. On a sidenote, I will not open up anyone's excel spreadsheets until I have completed my own (I figure thats only fair).

You're a stand-up guy!

You need to take Upshaw's job!

So far:

MadLith

Nfo

I'll shoot out an email through the board later on today which will hopefully get out to the loyal members (since I know this wasn't set up until last minute). I look forward to beating everyone and not finishing like a fool. On a sidenote, I will not open up anyone's excel spreadsheets until I have completed my own (I figure thats only fair).

Just sent you my excel file for the contest.

Thanks for taking the time to do this for the forum. All of us who migrated here from BearsTalk certainly remember ITC3's yearly draft day contest. It was fantastic that you decided to take on this responsibility this year.

are ya gonna take on the Payton Pick-ems this year too ;)

I am hoping to. I will have to see what can be done for hosting the contest, it requires almost daily uploads during the course of the season. If I can get access to webspace then I will probably give it a go.

I am hoping to. I will have to see what can be done for hosting the contest, it requires almost daily uploads during the course of the season. If I can get access to webspace then I will probably give it a go.

Let me know Pix. I know you had software or something involved but I can set up ftp access for you to whatever the domain was (or we can create it on talkbears, but IIRC you had a seperate domain in the past) and just throw it on here (no need to spend any money hosting it and the dedicated server has all kinds of space).

Yes, what makes this contest so difficult is that players drop (like Quinn last year) and that reshuffles the order of picks, players we never suspected would be drafted in the first are selected in the first, again bumping the selections, trades, etc...

I think many of us will have a good 70% or better rating as far as who is selected in the first round. However, I would be greatly surprised if any of us actually get 10 or more correct selections as far as where they are actually picked.

What I would think was a no brainer selection for a team turns out never crossed the mind of that teams GM.

Crap, I did mine and Albert/Mendenhall/Williams were all still on the board at my pick (It ended up having things work out real nice for the Chiefs who landed a stud DE and a stud tackle in my book).

I ended up going with the guy I like the most of them and that is Albert (because I feel at best he turns into a damn good tackle, but if that doesn't work out, you are talking about a game changing just stud at the guard position (in fact I'd have no problem going Albert and than Baker....although I have Baker going off the board to the Giants).

Yes, what makes this contest so difficult is that players drop (like Quinn last year) and that reshuffles the order of picks, players we never suspected would be drafted in the first are selected in the first, again bumping the selections, trades, etc...

I think many of us will have a good 70% or better rating as far as who is selected in the first round. However, I would be greatly surprised if any of us actually get 10 or more correct selections as far as where they are actually picked.

What I would think was a no brainer selection for a team turns out never crossed the mind of that teams GM.

If any of us get more than 10 picks accurate in the first round...I will send there resume's to ESPN so we can get an analyst on the site who not only knows the draft but can always give us good analysis of the Bears :)

For some reason I see someone having just an amazing pick sheet this draft (like some ridiculous number like 14 or 15 right).

Also, to make things fair since I'm technically submitting picks for this contest, I figure I should post mine for ethic purposes (don't recommend anyone referencing it because as on top of this draft as I thought I was, I really started struggling the further down I got...mock drafts are hard).

1 Jake Long

2 Chris Long

3 Glenn Dorsey

4 Darren McFadden

5 Vernon Gholston

6 Matt Ryan

7 Keith Rivers

8 Leodis McCelvin

9 Sedrick Ellis

10 Dominuqe Rodgers-Cromartie

11 Devin Thomas

12 Ryan Clady