Bears looking to move up!?

BearSox

Found this doing my usual rumor check... http://boards.chicagobears.com/forums/thread/979785.aspx

Jeff Dickerson was on ESPN radio earlier talking about the Bears possibly looking into trading for San Diego's 1st round pick #27.....

But he didn't say if they would swap first round picks, which leads me to think the Bears would have 2 first round picks (#14 and #27)....

Not from pick 14, but to pick 27 with the Chargers. Obviously we would not trade down with them due to the fact the Chargers only have one pick in the first 3 rounds.

Any trade would either be our 44th pick and first 3rd rounder; or 44, our second 3rd rounder, and another little something, perhaps a future pick.

Guest TerraTor
Found this doing my usual rumor check... http://boards.chicagobears.com/forums/thread/979785.aspx

Not from pick 14, but to pick 27 with the Chargers. Obviously we would not trade down with them due to the fact the Chargers only have one pick in the first 3 rounds.

Any trade would either be our 44th pick and first 3rd rounder; or 44, our second 3rd rounder, and another little something, perhaps a future pick.

Who would we get at 27? Felix, Phillips? assuming we take OL at 14?

I think qb is like 4th on their list of offensive needs. They should get an OG, RB and WR before a QB.

I'd say it's pretty high considering we have no QB of the future. We aren't going to draft OG 27 overall, let along 44 overall. WR, maybe, but I doubt it since we already have 5 spots locked up pretty much, with other interesting guys. And I doubt RB that high as well.

I think qb is like 4th on their list of offensive needs. They should get an OG, RB and WR before a QB.

Um, we need another QB in the early rounds.

I don't want to draft some shit stick that sucks later on. :banghead

Guest TerraTor
Um, we need another QB in the early rounds.

I don't want to draft some shit stick that sucks later on. :banghead

I think QB and RB should always be a target, especially for us, cuz we have neither, i wouldnt mind seeing Flacco come up, at least he can learn exactly what not to do as a QB from the two assclowns we have.

I am slowly coming to the fact we wont be getting mendenhall, if hes even there for thatmatter, I am really loving Kevin Smith, could be a steal for us... i think we need another 2nd rounder, come on cowboys (or whoever)

I'd say it's pretty high considering we have no QB of the future. We aren't going to draft OG 27 overall, let along 44 overall. WR, maybe, but I doubt it since we already have 5 spots locked up pretty much, with other interesting guys. And I doubt RB that high as well.

Despite ME liking Grossman you have to figure JA and Lovie are at least mildly content with Grossman and Orton at this point. They are both young and have both had success. I especially think they want to give them a better line and weapons before they completely move on and start over at the position. Even a new qb wont do anything without any weapons.

I think the only reason why the bears would try to move back up into the first would be for a QB. Flacco and Henne are the logical targets. I would give the edge to Henne if this is the case because his name has gotten crazy hot in the last few days with him being linked to a couple teams.

Countdown to Henne haters in 5..4..3...2...

If the Bears are considering moving up, maybe they do take Mendenhall with 14 and then take Cherlius or Baker at 27. There has been no word on Benson's health, which IMO is some good smoke by the organization. Right now they have their cards at there chest and here are a few combinations:

Pick #27 is worth 680 points. Pick 44=460, Pick 70=240, Pick 90=140, Pick 110=74, Pick 142=35, Pick175=21.4, Pick222=2.6

Everything comes down to who's available, so if Clady or Albert are there I don't think the trade happens. If they are gone, I can see the Bears going Mendenhall b/c they may have similiar grades with Otah vs Cherlius and Williams vs Baker. By moving up to 27 theres a slim chance Cherlius is available and a greater chance for Baker. In reality, we will be giving back SD pick at #90 and a future 3rd/4th.

My picks would be the blue if the trade happened

1-14 Mendenhall RB

1-27 Cherlius/Baker OT

3-70 Woodson QB, Schuening G, McGlynn G Collins OLT, Avery WR,

4-110 Booty QB, Johnson QB, Hills OT, Franklin WR, Zuttah G/T,

5-142 Woodyard SS, Steltz SS, Burton WR,

6-175 Brennan QB, Dixon QB, DT

7-BPA/ST

A lot of Oline drafted, but IMO that's the biggest weakness and w/ a back like Mendenhall I'd make sure he had a lot of talent in front of him Cherlius RT Garza RG Kreutz C McGlynn LG Tait LT(Hills in the wings) Tait can later be moved to G or RT as he gets older

I agree with OT, RB, and then QB or WR either order then OG & FB best player available.

We are going to need to have a great Oline and a back that can move the chains to have any chance to win this year.

WR from this draft will probably not make an immediate impact where as OL and RB should compete for time right away.

If the Bears are considering moving up, maybe they do take Mendenhall with 14 and then take Cherlius or Baker at 27. There has been no word on Benson's health, which IMO is some good smoke by the organization. Right now they have their cards at there chest and here are a few combinations:

Pick #27 is worth 680 points. Pick 44=460, Pick 70=240, Pick 90=140, Pick 110=74, Pick 142=35, Pick175=21.4, Pick222=2.6

Everything comes down to who's available, so if Clady or Albert are there I don't think the trade happens. If they are gone, I can see the Bears going Mendenhall b/c they may have similiar grades with Otah vs Cherlius and Williams vs Baker. By moving up to 27 theres a slim chance Cherlius is available and a greater chance for Baker. In reality, we will be giving back SD pick at #90 and a future 3rd/4th.

1-14 Mendenhall RB

1-27 Cherlius/Baker OT

7-BPA/ST

A lot of Oline drafted, but IMO that's the biggest weakness and w/ a back like Mendenhall I'd make sure he had a lot of talent in front of him Cherlius RT Garza RG Kreutz C McGlynn LG Tait LT(Hills in the wings) Tait can later be moved to G or RT as he gets older

I would have no problem with that draft, maybe change the second first rd pick to baker, I think he's a better ot, and hasn't gotten much due respect due to injury. I'd like to pick up the g/c from bowling green too cause he can play guard or center after kreutz retires. Maybe with our fifth rd pick

1 - mendenhall

1 - baker

3 - Mcglynn

4 - hills

5 - BG kid

6 - Dixon

7 - bpa

May be a lot of o-linemen, however we'd be really injecting youth into our line and all the people who wanted o-line with the first pick wouldn't have any bickering after going 4 o-linemen after 14. Besides if tait goes down, we'd have options like baker at lt and hills at rt. I would love this to happen. It all starts with the running game and we've added a back with a high ceiling of potential and loaded the line with youth and depth.

Williams - Henne

Agreed that if we trade back into the 1st round, the only position that makes sense is QB. I have heard we like Henne (please ignore my vomit).

I think we take Williams 1st, who after Clady is probably the top LT prospect, allowing us to move Tait to RT. Then we trade up for Henne. Basically, we copy what Cle did last year, making the move to get our (or so we hope) franchise LT and QB.

1-14 Mendenhall RB

1-27 Cherlius/Baker OT

7-BPA/ST

Just about every mock draft someone has proposed with a RB as the Bears #1 draft pick has brought about distaste from me, and a nearly universal reply of "hate it". Your mock possibility, however, is only borderline distasteful because of the start. It's like the peanut sauce at Thai places - the first bite is kinda weird, but you end up liking it at the end. Take one of those OLinemen out, and then I hate it.

Any draft that starts out with a RB for the Bears has to be loaded with OLinemen afterwards.

I would have no problem with that draft, maybe change the second first rd pick to baker, I think he's a better ot, and hasn't gotten much due respect due to injury. I'd like to pick up the g/c from bowling green too cause he can play guard or center after kreutz retires. Maybe with our fifth rd pick

1 - mendenhall

1 - baker

3 - Mcglynn

4 - hills

5 - BG kid

6 - Dixon

7 - bpa

May be a lot of o-linemen, however we'd be really injecting youth into our line and all the people who wanted o-line with the first pick wouldn't have any bickering after going 4 o-linemen after 14. Besides if tait goes down, we'd have options like baker at lt and hills at rt. I would love this to happen. It all starts with the running game and we've added a back with a high ceiling of potential and loaded the line with youth and depth.

I would rather have quality over quantity.

The Bears better not trade up into Rd 1 to get Flacco, he's too much of a project to be a 1st Rd pick. I can see them moving up for a QB but I'm not enamored with that move for Henne but the guy they might want is Brohm.

Brohm has a noodle arm. I think Turner likes strong armed QB's.

We'd probably have to give them our 2nd and one of our 3rds.

We'd go Williams, then probably Henne or Flacco.

With our 3rd, we'd either go with Forte RB or Simpson WR.

With our 4th, we'd probably go with an OG, like Eric Young from Tennessee.

Love the idea. :dabears :headbang

If we move up for henne I'm boycotting this season. My good friend is a mich. fan and from what he and many others have said henne is worthless. Moving up better be for brohm if a qb is the intentions cause jerry would only making a case to be handed a pink slip with a henne pick. Henne sure did a lot for mich last year, Hart carried that team henne is a bust written all over him.

Henne= :puke

Flacco= :pray

I'd be content with flacco, however I'm not sure we'd have to move up to the first to get him. Maybe our second and our 5th or 6th to move up a little in the second to nab him. I feel brohm after ryan is the only qb worthy of a viable trade-up. Henne would make me the sickest since hearing benson's name called a few years ago. I remember feeling like we just threw away our 4th pick and believe throwing a late 1st for henne would be deja-vu.

The reality is this team has too many needs to be moving up in the draft. In fact, I honestly would have zero problem moving all the way down to 27 (as I still feel you can get a starting caliber LT at that point or at least an RT like Cher..whatever from BC). Moving all the way down to 27 should also give the Bears additional picks on the first day which means we can draft WR/RB/QB/LT/G/S (all practically in the first three rounds, which means you have a better shot at getting quality guys at all of those positions, although you may miss out on the so called star but there is no guarantee of getting a star at 14 anyway).

In fact, I have no idea what the value board is at, but if someone wanted to move up to 14 from the late 20's, I'd do it for a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd (or 1st, 2nd, and next years 2nd).