Titans H=WIN

Packers @=WIN

Rams@=WIN

Vikings@

Jaguars H

Saints H=WIN

Packers H=WIN

Texans@=WIN

Are you drinking Kool Aide while on duty there Wesson! Man, 4 loses? I'm not even that optomistic! But there is a God and I hope you're right.

Colts (because of their offense), Jaguars (because of their defense), Philly (because of their defense), and Vikings (not sure why, but they are certainly getting enough press). You identified those four as the tough ones for us and I agree. While certainly any of the remaining teams could beat us "On Any Given Sunday" I firmly believe the Bears are capable of winning against any of them.

So let's say we win 1 of the 4 tough ones, and then out of the remaining 12 games we should win if we play the way I expect us to, we win 10 out of the 12, blow 2 that we should have won. We would still wind up with 11 wins.

I agree with you, a 10-11 win season is not out of the question, IF OUR DEFENSE STAYS HEALTHY.

I still think we can win on opening day, if the defense plays the way I think it can at 100%. I think our D has a chance to be epic. We have solid D-Line depth and a starting line good enough to cause pressure by themselves without having to blitz anyone. Our LB core is as good as it gets with good depth, we have a top 5-10 CB duo with great depth. At safety, we just really need Mike Brown to stay healthy for once. If not, oh boy.

I still think we can win on opening day, if the defense plays the way I think it can at 100%. I think our D has a chance to be epic. We have solid D-Line depth and a starting line good enough to cause pressure by themselves without having to blitz anyone. Our LB core is as good as it gets with good depth, we have a top 5-10 CB duo with great depth. At safety, we just really need Mike Brown to stay healthy for once. If not, oh boy.

I didn't say that we would lose I just said it's a tough game. If Manning is recovering from the knee surgery then we have a better chance.

Wanna bet the fans of every one of those teams are also looking at their schedule and making predictions, and wanna further bet that nearly 100% of them are chalking up a win the week they play us.

W/ the exception of the falcons, I do not see a team on the list I think is so inferior to us they are a near automatic. Crap. We were SWEPT by the freaking Lions last year. The Lions!

From my point of view...this setup is entirely plausible...but it's almost certainly not going to happen...because this is the NFL.

A huge part of the fun of the NFL is that on any given weekend, anything can happen. One player can step up big, make a couple plays, and suddenly turn a game around. If you assume you're a good team and look at your schedule...you say that you can beat the teams that last year weren't great teams and you can hold your own at home. But that's never the way it happens.

Someone does something stupid. The Colts/Eagles/Vikings kick to Devin Hester a couple times. Vince Young has a monster game. Whatever.

On top of that...there is always, always a surprise team or two in the NFL. The Saints 2 years ago. The Browns last year. The Packers to some extent last year. And just as likely, there's always a few surprises on the down side, for whatever reason (Injury, bad chemistry, bad coaching, etc.) For that, think about the trendy playoff pick at the beginning of every year. Like last year...San Francisco spent a bunch of money in the offseason on FA's to improve what looked like an improving team...and they totally imploded.

This is a good starting point/goal. 12-4 or better is certainly within the range of what the Bears can do...if things go well and people stay healthy. But this is the NFL. Expect the unexpected.

Colts (because of their offense), Jaguars (because of their defense), Philly (because of their defense), and Vikings (not sure why, but they are certainly getting enough press). You identified those four as the tough ones for us and I agree. While certainly any of the remaining teams could beat us "On Any Given Sunday" I firmly believe the Bears are capable of winning against any of them.

So let's say we win 1 of the 4 tough ones, and then out of the remaining 12 games we should win if we play the way I expect us to, we win 10 out of the 12, blow 2 that we should have won. We would still wind up with 11 wins.

I agree with you, a 10-11 win season is not out of the question, IF OUR DEFENSE STAYS HEALTHY.

We were terrible last year and still won 7. A healthy defense has lead us to the playoffs in the past...

Because they got 12-15 sacks this offseason without getting rid of anyone.

Wanna bet the fans of every one of those teams are also looking at their schedule and making predictions, and wanna further bet that nearly 100% of them are chalking up a win the week they play us.

W/ the exception of the falcons, I do not see a team on the list I think is so inferior to us they are a near automatic. Crap. We were SWEPT by the freaking Lions last year. The Lions!

No, Brian Griese was swept by the Lions. Hes gone now.

with our offense Id be surprised if we win 7 games, honestly, unless Forte is awesome, which of course Im hoping.

That.

Everybody keeps saying "if our defense stays healthy we'll be a 9 win/10 win team". How is that going to happen? We KNOW for a fact that Mike Brown will get hurt. It's just a fact, and it sucks. Urlacher- who knows what will happen with him especially with his unsatisfaction of his contract and coming off a major surgery. Tommie will play probably every game like usual but he's always playing 70-90 percent.

Unfortunately, I only see us winning 7 games at the max, yet our floor could be 3 or 4 wins.

Didn't we sweep the Packers, a team that was in the NFC Championship game? We lost to NY by 3 pts and we know where they ended up. It was a very up and down year for us but we won 7 games last year. Why should we be worse? We got rid of Ced, who was ID'd by many as the scurge of the offense. Got rid of Moose who couldn't do much except block well. Lost Berrian, that hurts. Lost Fred Miller, that does NOT hurt. Lost one-armed Ruben Brown and so far have replaced him with Metcalf, the same guy who replaced him last year so it's a draw there. True we still have Grossman but we had him last year too. We have Orton and his biggest claim to fame is that all he does is win. Neither is much to write home about but the fact is we've won at lot of games with both of these guys.

I see all sorts of doom and gloom because of our offense but I don't see it being worse than last year. It might not be better although I think it will be in one aspect, explosiveness. We will have more long distance threats on the field this year than we had last year. Hester will get more opportunities than last year and he proved the ability to go deep. Bradley will get more time, if not him then Lloyd and both have good speed. Booker is wash vs. Moose as a deep threat but he'll be better at moving the chains. Olsen is going to be improved in his second year in the offense. Our RT will be better than last year. Our LT might not be as good as last year but the combo of LT/RT this year should be better overall than last years combo. That might not show up in the first game but I think over the course of the first few games we will be better. LG sucks but it was that way last year too.

On the flip side I see our defense being much better than last year, or at least consistenly good versus last year's ups and downs. Injuries decimated the D last year. This year we'll face some tough injuries again but I think we have better depth across the board than we've ever had under Lovie. Safety depth once again is the biggest concern. Special teams lost Ayanbendejo but I don't think that's going to dramatically change the performance of the units. We still have one of the best kickers in the NFL.

We have a lot of unknowns but I just can't see this team as being worse than the one that took the field at the start of last season. Unless injuries hit us as hard as last year I see us as a 9-7 team at the low end to an 11 win team at the high end. I'll say we win 10 games. 11 wins if we split with the Vikings.

Crap. We were SWEPT by the freaking Lions last year. The Lions!

Those games were gifts they didn't earn them we gave them away. Greise gave at least one of those away by being a turnover machine. I've tried to forget most of last year but if I recall the other one we lost by giving up a record amount of points in the 4th quarter. Again my memory is cloudy because I have tried to suppress the memories of last season.

Looking at the schedule I came up with a similar assessment as the one Wesson has. Is it guaranteed? no, nothing's guaranteed, but if we stay healthy and field a competent offense I believe our Defense will keep us in most games and that's all you need to be in a position to pull out wins. I have a feeling we will surprise some people this year. I can see us going somewhere between 10=6 and 12-4. Hell, no one expected the Packers to do anything last year and the team was considered crappy and they amassed a 12-4 record and came within a game of the Superbowl now they are expected to be good. They earned respect by their play on the field.

After last year I have no doubt that there are teams fans looking at us and saying easy win and who could blame them. I'd see the Bears as a team that peaked and then fell off the peak to their death. As a fan of this team I know that the team is better than they played last year, injuries had some to do with it but those who remained healthy played below par. One positive out of last year was as freaking ugly and hard as it was to watch the team still managed 7-9 record. In the heat of last season it seemed like we'd have record more like 4-12 or worse. We came close to finishing a horrible year at 500. Now, our goals were much much higher so that's disappointing. But there have been years where I'd have loved to see the Bears finish 7-9 as we've had our share of abysmal seasons. I have the feeling the bears will bounce back this year and return to the playoffs.

i think this team hasn't been done being put together. But as is right now i think we can go 8-8, 9-7 tops. If our defense rebounds strong and STAYS healthy we can easily go 10-6 and lets not forget we have NFL's best wildcard in D. Hester ;)

What do you mean being done put together??? Like players developing or us adding a guy like Brett Favre??? As to the latter point, I'd be shocked as hell if we made any major move at this point.

Here how I see it:

Special Teams: #1 in the league since Hester arrived. Gould is gold. We'll be #1 again.

Defense: If healthy, the best int he league. Or damn close to it.

Offense: HUGE question marks. but if we can get our shit together and be average . . . not to mention, if our offense at the very least can keep the defense off the field, we won't see so many injuries.

We have an offense and a special teams most teams would die for. We're not that far from being great.

i get fooled every year with this team...thinking "this is the year". I am setting the goals low and saying they will win 4 games...anything more and i will consider it a good year.

That's not a horrible attitude to have really. In 2001 & 2005 my thought was we'd lose every game. So I was overjoyed when we were successful.

Last season every loss felt like a knife twisting in my heart.

That being said, IMO we're not that far off right now. I do believe anything is possible.

Are you drinking Kool Aide while on duty there Wesson! Man, 4 loses? I'm not even that optomistic! But there is a God and I hope you're right.

LOL you know it. About to the tune of 3 Quarts per day.......oh by the way its HOT as Hell here :drink . But its was 5 not 4 loses but now that I look back it could be only four.