Tank calls Grossman soft and brittle.

butkusrules

He's busted his ass to get better? Really? I see the same guy, making the same mistakes, dropping the same snaps, throwing off his back foot under pressure.

I do believe, as ConnorBear said, he has worked hard to get better. Unfortunately, I also agree with you, so far I have seen nothing to show me improvement.

The fact that Tank echoed the obvious about Grossman is not news with Rex's injury history.My real concern is if Grossman is gun shy.From all the times he has been injured while trying to play QB for this team makes me believe that he is throwing off that back foot because he is afraid of getting hit.In last Thurs Nites game he did that very same thing when the pressure got in his face. His biggest flaw is that his first step is back when under pressure and he throws the ball with all arm. I hope that if he doesn't get the starting nod that the Bears do us and themselves a favor and release him.With the o-line in patchwork mode he wouldn't be able to succeed here anyway.This is very simple for all of us to realize.The Bears are going to play defense first,special teams second and ball control offense.If that is the case Orton and Hanie can hand the ball off and throw short passes.

The fact that Tank echoed the obvious about Grossman is not news with Rex's injury history.My real concern is if Grossman is gun shy.

I agree. When in his 1st year he was aggressive and was a good scrambler out of the pocket. His first injury, if I am not mistaken, came when he tried to dive and get a TD, I believe against MIN. He then went through some tough times with injuries and since returning from that series of injuries I have yet to see the same type of willingness to run with the ball, even when there was a huge lane in front of him to take off and gain a 1st down.

I think he is definitely a bit "gun shy" and you may be exactly right as to how this is also effecting his mechanics when he throws off his back foot.

I agree. When in his 1st year he was aggressive and was a good scrambler out of the pocket. His first injury, if I am not mistaken, came when he tried to dive and get a TD, I believe against MIN. He then went through some tough times with injuries and since returning from that series of injuries I have yet to see the same type of willingness to run with the ball, even when there was a huge lane in front of him to take off and gain a 1st down.

I think he is definitely a bit "gun shy" and you may be exactly right as to how this is also effecting his mechanics when he throws off his back foot.

The first injury was actually in his rookie season against the Redskins when he hit his throwing hand on someones helmet when he rolled out to one sideline.I think it was the very last game of the season and he played just the first half. The injury against Minn was the very next year in game 3 a week after Mike Brown got injured(Achilles) against Green Bay. The next injury came in the preseason against St.Louis in Orton's rookie year. The Super Bowl year he took every snap and the following year he stayed healthy.Then the injury bug hit again last year.

The first injury was actually in his rookie season against the Redskins when he hit his throwing hand on someones helmet when he rolled out to one sideline.I think it was the very last game of the season and he played just the first half. The injury against Minn was the very next year in game 3 a week after Mike Brown got injured(Achilles) against Green Bay. The next injury came in the preseason against St.Louis in Orton's rookie year. The Super Bowl year he took every snap and the following year he stayed healthy.Then the injury bug hit again last year.

True, but the injury in the Washington game was of no major concern. I do not think this effected his attitude or confidence at all. It was the injury to the knee against Minny that I think was the beginning of the down-slide we are seeing because of being a bit gun shy in the offense, being unwilling to step up in the pocket and take off in a running lane when made available by the defense.

Tank's an idiot. But that doesn't necessarily mean he's not telling the truth... Canseco is an idiot as well, but I tend to believe his take on 'roids...

But more importanly, I think the rest of the article is very telling. This franchsie has failed misrably trying to replace Jim McMahon. Seriously, that's shameful. THis is a charter franchise, and we honestly are the biggest QB joke in the league. It's not just this season or Rex. It's bigger than that. Honestly peaking, I'm almost of the frame of mind that we draft a #1 QB every other year until we bloody get it right. And that means trading up to get the best prospect available. I'm just so disheartened about the QB position. We're talking well over 2 decades of mediocrity at the position... It' appauling.

I personally don't care. If what he has to say effects the team in any way, shape, or form... then well shame on the Bears.

The fact that Tank echoed the obvious about Grossman is not news with Rex's injury history.My real concern is if Grossman is gun shy.From all the times he has been injured while trying to play QB for this team makes me believe that he is throwing off that back foot because he is afraid of getting hit.In last Thurs Nites game he did that very same thing when the pressure got in his face. His biggest flaw is that his first step is back when under pressure and he throws the ball with all arm. I hope that if he doesn't get the starting nod that the Bears do us and themselves a favor and release him.With the o-line in patchwork mode he wouldn't be able to succeed here anyway.This is very simple for all of us to realize.The Bears are going to play defense first,special teams second and ball control offense.If that is the case Orton and Hanie can hand the ball off and throw short passes.

Nice points. Especially the part about cutting Rex loose. That may be why they are looking at Simms. Simms seems to be more of that ball control guy we may be looking for. I personally don't think he's an upgrade over Rex. But, a lateral move to align the talents of the QB position may be an upgrade through continuity of scheme and gameplan.

I don't really care if he is right or wrong. The point is he shouldn't have said a damn thing. Rex is more of a man and a teammate than he will ever be. No matter what you think of Rex's play, you can't complain about how he has handled himself on and off the field. He has busted his arse to get better and has always stood up and taken the criticism.

What point did Tank's words serve???? Tank needs to grow up.

Peace :dabears

Not to mention Rex went and visited his stupid ass when he was in jail.