Bears @ Seattle

Ed Hochuli 3:16

I'd love to see Forte have a 8-40/TD game.

I'd also love to see Orton step up in front of Rex and to see Hanie play well again.

What I want:

NO INJURIES!

The D to stuff them and not allow any 3rd down conversions.

See Hester catch some balls, Bradley pick it up and Davis to keep developing.

Rex or Orton take over the position.

The Oline to look solid, St. Clair to continue to hold his own at LT and for Beekman to show that he can play.

NO INJURIES!

:dabears

I know our offense gets off the bus running but this time I think they just stayed on the bus. Tomorrow morning I record the game and replay in slo mo to see what was going on.

What I know now is that Matt Forte cannot block so any thoughts of him being a 3 down RB might have to be held up awhile. Hopefully he learns and improves over the next few weeks.

Lance Briggs is still capable of missing tackles. I'm sure he feels bad that lousy Bears organization paid him so much money upfront.

Kellen Davis may well end up our TE of the future and not Greg Olsen along with Clark makes this our one and only deep position on offense. Let's hope that didn't change too much in the first quarter tonight.

I like DT Harrison. Idonije showed alot of good things tonight too.

Hey AZ please go back and re look at the tape. Matt Forte proved that he can block last night. There was so many times that he did just enough to make sure Rex had a little time to throw. Of course he can't block every one when he has 3 or 4 guys busting through that line. That line was so pathetic that even the best blocking RB couldn't have helped.

Olsen needs to learn how to block or else he will never be much more then a situational player... As someone else stated, Davis very well may be our top TE after Clark leaves.

The only one on the Oline I was some-what impressed with was Beekman. He looked good in both run and pass blocking. He made a couple very good double team blocks with Kreutz.

Olsen needs to learn how to block or else he will never be much more then a situational player... As someone else stated, Davis very well may be our top TE after Clark leaves.

The only one on the Oline I was some-what impressed with was Beekman. He looked good in both run and pass blocking. He made a couple very good double team blocks with Kreutz.

Here I can agree with you BearSox. Outside of Beekman having two false starts, i think he's earning his way into the guard spot. And The false starts are particularly tough to swallow 'cause he single that out as something he was NOT going to do. But hey, it's preseason and that's what these games are about, learning and moving on.

And agree totaly on Olsen. He's going to make Davis look awfully good if he can't learn to block.

I know our offense gets off the bus running but this time I think they just stayed on the bus. Tomorrow morning I record the game and replay in slo mo to see what was going on.

What I know now is that Matt Forte cannot block so any thoughts of him being a 3 down RB might have to be held up awhile. Hopefully he learns and improves over the next few weeks.

Lance Briggs is still capable of missing tackles. I'm sure he feels bad that lousy Bears organization paid him so much money upfront.

Kellen Davis may well end up our TE of the future and not Greg Olsen along with Clark makes this our one and only deep position on offense. Let's hope that didn't change too much in the first quarter tonight.

I like DT Harrison. Idonije showed alot of good things tonight too.

Agree on Harrison. He has made the team and he's going to be a good one. Idonije came to play.

I am getting the feeling that the no. 1 D unit is just going through the motions. Lance and the rest are saving it for the real games. And I really don't get that, but the finished what, about 28th overall last season in D? I'd think that their pride is going to be on the line and hope that we get the Bear D back like it should be.

Forget running now. We know already that Forte is the man. What we don't know is who will be handing him the ball. That's why, IMdO, they are passing so much in these learning games.

I agree, Harrison and Idonije defintely came to play. The D looked really good, to bad the Oline couldn't couldn't pass block to save there own lives. Poor Rex and Orton were running for there lives all day yesterday. The final drive of the first half yesterday didn't tell me anything though because Seattle stopped bringing the pressure like they did against Rex and they were also playing a soft prevent D.

I haven't seen any of the game, but it's disappointing to hear Olsen can't block...

I sure hope it's just pre-season BS...

If not, I'll be readying another plate of crow as I thought he was a legit starter on any club!

Here I can agree with you BearSox. Outside of Beekman having two false starts, i think he's earning his way into the guard spot. And The false starts are particularly tough to swallow 'cause he single that out as something he was NOT going to do. But hey, it's preseason and that's what these games are about, learning and moving on.

And agree totaly on Olsen. He's going to make Davis look awfully good if he can't learn to block.

I haven't seen any of the game, but it's disappointing to hear Olsen can't block...

I sure hope it's just pre-season BS...

If not, I'll be readying another plate of crow as I thought he was a legit starter on any club!

I didn't get to watch Olsen as much in the Seattle game, but I DVR'd the KC game, and was shocked at just how back his blocking was. Olsen makes Benson look like a good blocker.

The other issue I have w/ Olsen would be the drops. As I recall, from an article, Olsen was among the league leaders in percentage of drop passes per catch attempt last year. I read posters talk about how he wasn't brought in for his blocking, but (a) if he can't block, he will not be on the field as much and (B) if he can't block, he better be Gates-like as far as receiving.

I still think Olsen has loads of potential, but I am simply disappointed in his lack of development thus far.

Ouch...if Benson's blocking better than Greg...maybe we do need to think of moving him to straight WR...

I honestly just don't recall all the drops... But I know there were a few. I guess when you're other guy is Moose, then everyone else looks like Beitnikof.

I'm hoping it's just pre-season whatevers... But, dang, it's not looking outstanding. Whereas the rookie Davis is looking extremely impressive.

I didn't get to watch Olsen as much in the Seattle game, but I DVR'd the KC game, and was shocked at just how back his blocking was. Olsen makes Benson look like a good blocker.

The other issue I have w/ Olsen would be the drops. As I recall, from an article, Olsen was among the league leaders in percentage of drop passes per catch attempt last year. I read posters talk about how he wasn't brought in for his blocking, but (a) if he can't block, he will not be on the field as much and (B) if he can't block, he better be Gates-like as far as receiving.

I still think Olsen has loads of potential, but I am simply disappointed in his lack of development thus far.

Hey AZ please go back and re look at the tape. Matt Forte proved that he can block last night. There was so many times that he did just enough to make sure Rex had a little time to throw. Of course he can't block every one when he has 3 or 4 guys busting through that line. That line was so pathetic that even the best blocking RB couldn't have helped.

I don't have the time to review the game right now (work schedule) but even my son was laughing at his blocking on the first offensive series. He had no idea who it was but he quickly pointed out that he wiffed on two blocks. This was while watching the game on my computer. Saw the same thing via DVR the next day. As the game went on Forte became better at blocking but he was still getting moved around and/or pushed backwards. If you want to say that gives a QB time to throw that's fine but I prefer to see him stop a guy cold once in awhile.

As I've alluded to in other posts, I think a large part of this is his inexperience in knowing who to block as a consequence he doesn't arrive at the point of contact with his base set. The progress made during the game gives me hope he'll learn and improve but I won't sit here and say he was great nor even good at picking up the blitz in that game. I think for his size Forte isn't that big of a RB (listed at 6-2 210lbs during the game but 216lb on the roster) and I expect he'll add some muscle and strength in the next offseason with Rusty. For comparison Thomas Jones is listed at 5-10 215lbs. Kevin Jones is dropping weight to get down to 220lbs and he's 6'-0". I think Forte will be at a solid 220-225lb next year and it won't affect his agiility.

There were many individual breakdowns in pass protection against Seattle above all the Oline and RB must stop the free man coming up the middle so Orton can step up. I don't see either of our OT stopping speed rushers cold, they'll likely always try to push them behind the pocket. Seattle threw a lot at us but I'm hearing that San Fran will do the same Thursday night. Hopefully we'll get to see some improvement.

I agree, Harrison and Idonije defintely came to play. The D looked really good, to bad the Oline couldn't couldn't pass block to save there own lives. Poor Rex and Orton were running for there lives all day yesterday. The final drive of the first half yesterday didn't tell me anything though because Seattle stopped bringing the pressure like they did against Rex and they were also playing a soft prevent D.

I don't necessarily agree with that. I saw Seattle bring pressure on one of Kyles plays. The difference was that kyle saw it and lofted it over their heads to peterson. Kyle looked very calm out there. People ignore the good things Kyle does just because he doesn't take the gambles that sometimes worked for rex, but most of the time didn't. Seattle's defensive backs made a great play because Kyle's pass in the enzone to hester was on the money and hester actually had it, then the safety came in and got his hand in there to knock it free. Kyle may not have scored a TD in the preseason, but he did look pretty confident in himself, and after sitting the past two years I think he'll be a much different player than what some people are making him out to be. Rex just did the same things he's done for the last two years. Not prove that he can make the right decision when under pressure. I think we'll all be pleasantly surprised with Kyle this year, at least I hope.

I didn't see nearly as many bliztes when Kyle was in the game but we also have to consider that one of his series was a 2-min drill and Seattle might have been content to play a bit more prevent D. Hester is ridiculously fast...I feel Kyle underthrew the pass to him and he had to slow up a bit. Regardless, he was close to completing the pass. Given all the starters practice reps and game time will give him better timing with Hester. Now it's time to name the starting WR so they can get on the same page as Orton.