OLINE

bowlingtwig

Man this Oline so far is going to get somebody killed. Rex doesn't have any time to even breath and everytime he drops back he has at least 1 or 2 defenders at his hip pocket.

Looking pretty bad at this point. I think JA will be shopping around. Seattle's D gets good pressure on the Qb so this is a good test for the Bears OL and so far it is pretty dismal to say the least.

The nOline played as if they wanted Grossman to get hurt back there.

Sorta seemed like that. The minute that Orton came in, he had time to throw.

of course, running backwards from anyone defender that comes close doesnt help either. I swear I saw a poop stain on Rex's pants from crapping himself with the pressure.

While the Oline didn't help out Grossman, Grossman handled the pressure terribly.

The Oline stunk and Rex had no chance at all to do anything. When Orton came in, the Hawks stopped brining the pressure and he had some time to get things done.

So, BearSox, my question is, what would you have had Rex do? There was a defender in his face all night, and Kramer was saying it from the booth all night. The INT was, IMdO, from him getting hit as he threw the ball. For me, I don't think we learned much of anything last night about who is the best QB. What we learned is that with this Oline, it doesn't matter who is the QB.

The Oline stunk and Rex had no chance at all to do anything. When Orton came in, the Hawks stopped brining the pressure and he had some time to get things done.

So, BearSox, my question is, what would you have had Rex do? There was a defender in his face all night, and Kramer was saying it from the booth all night. The INT was, IMdO, from him getting hit as he threw the ball. For me, I don't think we learned much of anything last night about who is the best QB. What we learned is that with this Oline, it doesn't matter who is the QB.

Oh, it sucked for Grossman, he had practically no time to throw. However, he showed little pocket pressence and did his usual back-pedaling.

I remember watching a play with Hanie at QB where the Seahawks got a ton of pressure on him, but Hanie felt that pressure, avoided it, and made a play. I'd like to see Grossman feel the pressure, avoid it, and make a play just one time.

Oh, it sucked for Grossman, he had practically no time to throw. However, he showed little pocket pressence and did his usual back-pedaling.

I remember watching a play with Hanie at QB where the Seahawks got a ton of pressure on him, but Hanie felt that pressure, avoided it, and made a play. I'd like to see Grossman feel the pressure, avoid it, and make a play just one time.

Julian Peterson and Patrick Kerney are a little harder to avoid then whoever was in in the 4th quarter. Orton will win the job, but Grossman didnt get a fair shake. I would like to see what both guys can do with blocking, not what one can do with blocking and what one can do with two of the best pass rushers in his face within 2 seconds.

Sorta seemed like that. The minute that Orton came in, he had time to throw.

of course, running backwards from anyone defender that comes close doesnt help either. I swear I saw a poop stain on Rex's pants from crapping himself with the pressure.

2nd unit was one and they were blitzing less. The Seahawks are known as a blitzing defense and it appeared there 1st string was going to send a message. It sucked because Grossman got absolutely killed and all things considering he didn't do too bad (considering he had zero time to pass). When he had any opening he was throwing accurate passes.

How many of his passes where made while backpedaling away from the pressure coming at him? So much for mechanics.

Technically speaking he looked better to me. Didn't backpedal into disaster, but at the same time when guys are coming in front of him he isn't going to be able to step into a ball. I think people forget that most QB's under pressure will throw off there back feet. Some will have the ability to run and create something but we know Rex isn't going to do that (neither is Kyle). However, Rex just needs to not run back 80 yards before throwing or fumbling. Plus its hard to side step when most of the time the pressure was coming from absolutely everywhere.

All I can say is evaluate the throws. Rex was on the money with any throw where he had even some sort of time. He also got hurt by a drop early in the game (Bennet) which would have moved the chains and was hindered when Olsen ran a 3yd route when he should have been running a 5yd route (TE should be running the route on 3rd down to where the chains are).

I noticed a couple things, Rex avoided the big mistake despite all the pressure (that pick had nothing to do with him) and I saw multiple times where he actually looked guys off and than threw to the other side of the field. It was pretty and something you didn't see out of Rex in the past. As a whole, didn't have any issue with his play given the terrible freakin blocking.

Orton started the game terribly (if he threw a good pass on his first throw you'd be talking about a TD for the Seahawks cause it was a horrid read) but looked good later on and did do a nice job on the 2 minute drill. Overall, I still think Rex is the best QB on the roster but Orton has the slight edge on the job and barring a spectacular performance by Rex (or a horrid one by Kyle), he's got the job.

name='DrunkBomber' date='Aug 17 2008, 11:01 AM' post='44128']

Julian Peterson and Patrick Kerney are a little harder to avoid then whoever was in in the 4th quarter. Orton will win the job, but Grossman didnt get a fair shake. I would like to see what both guys can do with blocking, not what one can do with blocking and what one can do with two of the best pass rushers in his face within 2 seconds.

Rex may not have gotten a fair shake; but the combination of him and the OL are exposed bare naked on the 50 yard line. Orton has to be our QB, not that he's any better. He just the right QB at the right time for this offense. He will not get blitzed as much as Rex.