Harrison and Davis

Connorbear

Appear to be steals.

Harrison was a beast all night. I think Dusty should be worried that he may end up losing serious playing time. You can't make the team from the tub.

Davis is a freak. He has all the tools and could end up being our best TE in the future.

Peace :dabears

Appear to be steals.

Harrison was a beast all night. I think Dusty should be worried that he may end up losing serious playing time. You can't make the team from the tub.

Davis is a freak. He has all the tools and could end up being our best TE in the future.

With all the hype about how great Rashied Davis has looked coming into camp, thinking back, is this guy MIA? If he has done anything in the first two games it must not have been too impressive for I can not remember it, or I am more senile than I suspected.

With all the hype about how great Rashied Davis has looked coming into camp, thinking back, is this guy MIA? If he has done anything in the first two games it must not have been too impressive for I can not remember it, or I am more senile than I suspected.

Rasheed had a catch in the 1st game and was not at last night's game. He was excused as his wife had a baby.

Appear to be steals.

Harrison we knew was a steal, he was supposed to have character issues and thats why he slipped. Ill admit, I didnt like the Davis pick at the time, I still think we needed more o line picks before we went TE or corner though but between the three guys we have theres a lot of potential at TE. I still want to see more of Olsen though.

Rasheed had a catch in the 1st game and was not at last night's game. He was excused as his wife had a baby.

Where are his priorities.... JK :P

As for Harrison and Davis, the character issues that hurt Harrison's stock in the draft have not been an issue thus far and it sounds like he's determined to put that all be hind him. Davis, I had no idea who he was till the draft. But we heard things about him in camp and now we're seeing it on the field. Between him, CLark, and Olson we have three quality TE's. That TD catch that he made one handed was a thing of beauty.

Where are his priorities.... JK :P

As for Harrison and Davis, the character issues that hurt Harrison's stock in the draft have not been an issue thus far and it sounds like he's determined to put that all be hind him. Davis, I had no idea who he was till the draft. But we heard things about him in camp and now we're seeing it on the field. Between him, CLark, and Olson we have three quality TE's. That TD catch that he made one handed was a thing of beauty.

That catch was awesome, as the announcers said, if it were a regular season game, definately in every top ten play highlight feature on every sports channel.

name='Connorbear' date='Aug 17 2008, 08:28 AM' post='44109']

Appear to be steals.

Agreed on all accounts. I also think Bowman will turn out to be a great value pick as well. Aside from not hitting on OL, JA had a potentially outstanding draft. We'll know in a year or two.

Um . . . I hate to jinx things, but so far in training camp, he's been our best TE. Period.

Davis vs. Des Clark: I'd much rather have Desmond's blocking, but Davis is bigger, faster, stronger, and a better receiver then Desmond Clark.

Davis vs. Olsen: I'm guessing his 40 time isn't as good as Olsen's, but watching them on the football field, Davis appears to be every bit as fast. Both get knocked for their blocking. The kicker here is that Olsen's hands are not good. After watching him now for over a year, I don't think he has the "glue hand" ability to make the spectacular catches that would make him an elite TE. IMO, if that ball had went to Olsen in the end zone, he drops it.

I watch Olsen and I think he has the ability to be a very solid TE in this league. I see Davis and I'm thinking "Pro-bowler."

I couldn't disagree with you more Bradjock? Olsen has phenomenal hands for a TE. In fact I still don't understand why the Bears don't do a lot of 2 TE sets where the ultimately split Olsen out wide (essentially lining up as a wide-out) because its a total mismatch.

Also, Davis projects to be a very good blocking TE so he could very well turn into our best all around TE in the future (Des is that right now though).

We ran a lot of two TE sets yesterday.

I'm going to give you all one more steal in this draft...Kirk Barton. Ok I can't call him a steal yet because I have no idea if he can develop into a starter in the league. However, he looked good playing against the backups yesterday and he has more mobility than I thought. He holds up well at the point of attack too but didn't really drive his guy off the ball. A year with Rusty can help that. I don't think I saw a play where his man beat him. I'll keep an eye on him the next couple games.

We ran a lot of two TE sets yesterday.

I'm going to give you all one more steal in this draft...Kirk Barton. Ok I can't call him a steal yet because I have no idea if he can develop into a starter in the league. However, he looked good playing against the backups yesterday and he has more mobility than I thought. He holds up well at the point of attack too but didn't really drive his guy off the ball. A year with Rusty can help that. I don't think I saw a play where his man beat him. I'll keep an eye on him the next couple games.

He's our starting right tackle in 2 yrs. Thayer and Arkush love what they see in him.

I couldn't disagree with you more Bradjock? Olsen has phenomenal hands for a TE.

Huh? When has he EVER made what we would describe as "One helluva a catch." I can think of zero. At the same time I can think of a ton of drops he's had. Sure, most of those were in heavy traffic, but that's my point. I've never seen him do anything that made me say "wow." I'm not saying he sucks, and like I mentioned, I think he can be a good starting TE, but until he makes some outstanding plays, he's never going to be a top tier TE.

In fact I still don't understand why the Bears don't do a lot of 2 TE sets where the ultimately split Olsen out wide (essentially lining up as a wide-out) because its a total mismatch.

We did that a lot in the first pre-season game, especially lining him up as the slot receiver. I think his role probably changed last night after Des Clark went down with the injury.

Also, Davis projects to be a very good blocking TE so he could very well turn into our best all around TE in the future (Des is that right now though).

I don't get why Olsen has so much trouble blocking. Everytime he's interviewed he says, "I really need to improve on my blocking." Yet there were times last night he was absolutely torched. I don't get it.

I think Olsen needs to be moved to wideout. One dimensional TE's never amount to much in this league, and as of now, Olsen is a one dimensional TE.

And, Olsen does have the triangular numbers and athleticism to be a good wideout, IMO.

Huh? When has he EVER made what we would describe as "One helluva a catch." I can think of zero. At the same time I can think of a ton of drops he's had. Sure, most of those were in heavy traffic, but that's my point. I've never seen him do anything that made me say "wow." I'm not saying he sucks, and like I mentioned, I think he can be a good starting TE, but until he makes some outstanding plays, he's never going to be a top tier TE.

Agreed. I have been sort of busting on Orton for a while now. He was a 1st round pick who was expected to go higher than he did. I know we have Clark, but it just does not seem like Olsen has developed as expected.

We did that a lot in the first pre-season game, especially lining him up as the slot receiver. I think his role probably changed last night after Des Clark went down with the injury.

Agreed. We did start running more 2 TE sets in the first game, and was splitting Olsen out wide too. But after Des went down, everything changed.

I don't get why Olsen has so much trouble blocking. Everytime he's interviewed he says, "I really need to improve on my blocking." Yet there were times last night he was absolutely torched. I don't get it.

This is where I have really been blasting Olsen. He isn't the biggest TE, but he is not small either. I really tried to focus on him in the 1st game, at least the 2nd time I watched the recording. He was as bad of a blocker as the rest of our OL. Defenders were pushing him and moving him as if he were a 200lb weakling. For me, and maybe this is wrong, but its what I believe, but for me blocking is mostly mental/heart. Either you have the desire to block (and the guts) or you don't. Olsen may say he does, but until we see it on the field......

If you took away the draft positions, and compared Davis and Olsen based solely on how they have done in camp, would Olsen or Davis be starting? I have a feeling Olsen would be watching Davis.

If you took away the draft positions, and compared Davis and Olsen based solely on how they have done in camp, would Olsen or Davis be starting? I have a feeling Olsen would be watching Davis.

Davis is a beast! Once he learns his craft, sky's the limit for him. He's just not spent a whole lot of time at TE.

Agreed. I have been sort of busting on Orton for a while now. He was a 1st round pick who was expected to go higher than he did. I know we have Clark, but it just does not seem like Olsen has developed as expected.

Agreed. We did start running more 2 TE sets in the first game, and was splitting Olsen out wide too. But after Des went down, everything changed.

This is where I have really been blasting Olsen. He isn't the biggest TE, but he is not small either. I really tried to focus on him in the 1st game, at least the 2nd time I watched the recording. He was as bad of a blocker as the rest of our OL. Defenders were pushing him and moving him as if he were a 200lb weakling. For me, and maybe this is wrong, but its what I believe, but for me blocking is mostly mental/heart. Either you have the desire to block (and the guts) or you don't. Olsen may say he does, but until we see it on the field......

Olsen has never made a great catch?

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/cant-mis...atch/1664916259

http://www.nfl.com/videos;jsessionid=6E8AB...9000d5d8030e9ac

I Agree with Harrison. One of friends was over at my house watching the draft and he telling me all about him. 1st round talent. I was a little surprised that he slipped all the way to the 4th round(i believe). I was glad we got him because so far he has stayed away and out of the media except good things. He has also gone out of his way to clean up his talent and then end of his college year last year. From what I read he started really behaving himself and cleaning up his character because he started to realize that the NFL was not looking for a person with bad character and he really wants to succeed in the NFL. Good for him.

I Agree with Harrison. One of friends was over at my house watching the draft and he telling me all about him. 1st round talent. I was a little surprised that he slipped all the way to the 4th round(i believe). I was glad we got him because so far he has stayed away and out of the media except good things. He has also gone out of his way to clean up his talent and then end of his college year last year. From what I read he started really behaving himself and cleaning up his character because he started to realize that the NFL was not looking for a person with bad character and he really wants to succeed in the NFL. Good for him.

Harrison was our 2nd pick in the 3rd round.