Joe Horn Released

DaBearSox

Forget about Horn. He is a disgruntled ne'er do well and mediocre at best. I think the Bears should consider getting in on this however:

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports that Anquan Boldin has again made it clear to the Cardinals that he wants to be traded.

Boldin, due $2.5 million this year, wants Larry Fitzgerald money. He says Ken Whisenhunt lied to him, "If you ask me, coaches should be coaches, management should be management, and I don't think those lines should be crossed." Boldin told NFL.com. Mort says Philadelphia and Dallas would get involved if the Cards made Boldin available, but that's extremely unlikely. In the end, Boldin should still produce as normal.

The Bears really need to "get involved" if in fact Boldin were to become available. This guy can get it done. Get rid of a few "non-factor" receivers, hell give 'em Hester in a trade and call it good. I think that Orton will prove to be relatively solid. With Grossman disappearing on the radar screen, Hanie as #2(?) and an unknown veteran to come in for good measure. The waiver wires will be buzzing very soon.

I've seen absolutely nothing out of Marty Booker, so I'd be perfectly content releasing Booker and opting for Horn (who has been a better receiver than Booker over the course of his career, imo).

Who the hell cares about Booker's preseason stats.

Joe Horn is done and a big douche bag.

Forget about Horn. He is a disgruntled ne'er do well and mediocre at best. I think the Bears should consider getting in on this however:

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports that Anquan Boldin has again made it clear to the Cardinals that he wants to be traded.

Boldin, due $2.5 million this year, wants Larry Fitzgerald money. He says Ken Whisenhunt lied to him, "If you ask me, coaches should be coaches, management should be management, and I don't think those lines should be crossed." Boldin told NFL.com. Mort says Philadelphia and Dallas would get involved if the Cards made Boldin available, but that's extremely unlikely. In the end, Boldin should still produce as normal.

The Bears really need to "get involved" if in fact Boldin were to become available. This guy can get it done. Get rid of a few "non-factor" receivers, hell give 'em Hester in a trade and call it good. I think that Orton will prove to be relatively solid. With Grossman disappearing on the radar screen, Hanie as #2(?) and an unknown veteran to come in for good measure. The waiver wires will be buzzing very soon.

I don't think there is anything to "get involved" in. The article even says that Boldin being made available is "extremely unlikely".

Oh, I'm sure there's someting out there that will convince AZ to OK a trade... They'll lose him in FA down the road anyway. May as well get something for him...if it's good.

I don't think there is anything to "get involved" in. The article even says that Boldin being made available is "extremely unlikely".

Boldin has 3 more seasons on his contract. So yes the Cards might lose him down the road but it's quite a way out there. He's bitchin' after he got his rookie contract torn up after just two seasons. The Cards treated him very fairly and I can't respect him for this at all.

Who the hell cares about Booker's preseason stats.

Joe Horn is done and a big douche bag.

Apparently nobody. Yet for some reason everyone cares about our Oline stats during preseason. And Kyle Orton's stats, and Rex's stats, DManning, McGowan, and many other players who have been criticized. Why is Booker getting a free pass for doing so little while others get criticized for every little mistake or plays they are not making?

The reality is the other guy lining up next to him with similar stats is making 4 times as much.

We can all debate the sanctity of a contrct,etc...but I fully understand why Boldin is not happy.

Boldin has 3 more seasons on his contract. So yes the Cards might lose him down the road but it's quite a way out there. He's bitchin' after he got his rookie contract torn up after just two seasons. The Cards treated him very fairly and I can't respect him for this at all.