Bucs cut Chris Simms

Da Bears 88

I agree. I wouldn't exactly sign him, unless if it were to take that POS Rex's spot.

I have to ask because I have noticed a trend -

Did Rex Grossman piss in your Cheerios?

Seriously, you seem to hate him for some reason. I'm talking the kind of hate that, in my opinion, should be reserved for a player like Cade McNown who was not only a bust but also a complete tool.

Peace :dabears

We don't need Simms on this tem. Like I said before if we had to get another QB I would perfer Culpepper. He adds another level to this team. Under pressure when was the last time Rex or Orton tucked the ball and ran 5 yards with it? Plus pepper is bigger than those two so he can not be sacked as easy....you have to really tackle him not just run next to him and say "BOO"!

I really dont want to let Hanie go because he looks like a solid prospect, possible future starter if this season tanks. On the otherhand we cant really cut Grossman since Simms has no clue how to run our offense and with the O-Line we run out there its highly possible a backup QB is needed.

We don't need Simms on this tem. Like I said before if we had to get another QB I would perfer Culpepper. He adds another level to this team. Under pressure when was the last time Rex or Orton tucked the ball and ran 5 yards with it? Plus pepper is bigger than those two so he can not be sacked as easy....you have to really tackle him not just run next to him and say "BOO"!

Agreed. Culpepper should have been the guy they drafted to begin with.

As far as Simms goes, pass...he's all hype and has made it long enough on his daddy.

Seriously, you seem to hate him for some reason. I'm talking the kind of hate that, in my opinion, should be reserved for a player like Cade McNown who was not only a bust but also a complete tool.

Agree with you Connorbear. Hanie has shown enough that he can be the no. 3 guy this year. And Rex has shown enough positive play to be the backup. Right now, the QB position is not of great concern to me. The Oline, though is. If we are going to get anyone off waivers, it should be Oline help.

Agree with you Connorbear. Hanie has shown enough that he can be the no. 3 guy this year. And Rex has shown enough positive play to be the backup. Right now, the QB position is not of great concern to me. The Oline, though is. If we are going to get anyone off waivers, it should be Oline help.

The o-line is a joke. 2 of the 8 players have had surgery in the past month. Williams will not be ready until midseason. Metcalf is supposed to be ready but he never impressed me before surgery. We are an injury to a tackle away from Barton playing. I think he is a nice prospect but will take a couple of yrs to develop.

The o-line is a joke. 2 of the 8 players have had surgery in the past month. Williams will not be ready until midseason. Metcalf is supposed to be ready but he never impressed me before surgery. We are an injury to a tackle away from Barton playing. I think he is a nice prospect but will take a couple of yrs to develop.

Peace

I strongly expect JA to go after a FA OLman. Like I said in an earlier post, the availability of W Anderson reminds me a lot of when R Brown became available and we signed him. Anderson, if healthy, can give us a stop gap solution which will still need addressing with youth in the near future.

Pepper's a bum, let it go.

The latest blurb I got from Footballguys.com is below, as much as I like Simms (I know, many of you do not) and wanted Simms, unless we traded Rex, no way do we replace Caleb with Simms. I think Hanie is a year or two away from being our starter and possibly the best QB prospect we have had in decades.

The Baltimore Ravens are expected to explore the quarterback market and are rumored to have interest in Chris Simms, who got his wish when he was cut by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Other potential suitors for Simms include the Green Bay Packers, Dallas Cowboys and Chicago Bears. As an unrestricted free agent, Simms is not subject to the waiver system and is free to sign with any team.

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ OUR VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

Simms will make some team an excellent backup QB. He's still plenty young to fall in and learn a system and be the guy for a good while. If I'm Green Bay, I'm terrified to see what I have behind Aaron Rodgers. And Brad Johnson is ancient in Dallas. And Simms could probably start in Chicago or Baltimore. He'll land somewhere pretty quickly I'd think unless he wants a contract that's out of line.

I think it's a ploy to get under Bears 88's skin.

Agree with all lines of thinking.