I Blame

CrackerDog

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about Orton, who has no idea how to complete a pass down field without throwing it short and allowing his receiver to adjust (Booker open for a TD.).

How about he try to hit OPEN RECEIVERS when it counts (Davis open for a first down 5 yards downfield and he misses him)

1/10 when throwing beyond 10 yards.

Honorable mention to Turner. I thought to myself, no way he does the fullback inside hand off, again. It barely worked the first time. Way to not put confidence in your "star" RB.

But my vote is Orton. I thought he was terrrible today. Still not sold he is an NFL QB.

Turner doesn't get any game balls for sure, but this is a classic example of the "he can't go out there and execute for his players" line. Let's not kid ourselves, Olson lost this game for us. He'll learn...and Chris Harris has a special talent for strips.

Olsen sure didn't help, but a competent offense has to be able to overcome some turnovers. The Bears D got one back, so that's one in the negative. The Bears O HAS to get more offensive production than what they got.

And Turner's boneheaded playcalling doesn't help at all.

A running team should be able to get a first down when it's 2nd and 1. Period. Calling two passes and then a FB dive is completely retarded.

Olsen sure didn't help, but a competent offense has to be able to overcome some turnovers. The Bears D got one back, so that's one in the negative. The Bears O HAS to get more offensive production than what they got.

And Turner's boneheaded playcalling doesn't help at all.

A running team should be able to get a first down when it's 2nd and 1. Period. Calling two passes and then a FB dive is completely retarded.

No one is saying Turner called a great game overall. But he made some really good calls too, don't forget.

The reason the Bears' O didn't get more offensive production is because Olson fumbled twice and the Bears had 12 (TWELVE!) penalties for closing in on 100 yards. But again, Turner can't change that for them.

You won't get any arguments from me on that last drive. It was rotten Turner playcalling. But that was really only to tie the game anyway. The Bears should have never put themselves in that position in the first place. If I was Turner I would be pretty aggravated.

No one is saying Turner called a great game overall. But he made some really good calls too, don't forget.

The reason the Bears' O didn't get more offensive production is because Olson fumbled twice and the Bears had 12 (TWELVE!) penalties for closing in on 100 yards. But again, Turner can't change that for them.

You won't get any arguments from me on that last drive. It was rotten Turner playcalling. But that was really only to tie the game anyway. The Bears should have never put themselves in that position in the first place. If I was Turner I would be pretty aggravated.

I agree for the most part, but Turner's main problem has been his ability to adjust to game-changing situations. He looked OK in the first half, and in the second half he completely sucked. He didn't adjust to what the Panthers did, and as a result the Bears offense was horrible.

Olsen's fumbles were drive killers, and so were Orton's poor throws, but I still place a lot of blame on Turner.

How about Orton, who has no idea how to complete a pass down field without throwing it short and allowing his receiver to adjust (Booker open for a TD.).

How about he try to hit OPEN RECEIVERS when it counts (Davis open for a first down 5 yards downfield and he misses him)

Honorable mention to Turner. I thought to myself, no way he does the fullback inside hand off, again. It barely worked the first time. Way to not put confidence in your "star" RB.

But my vote is Orton. I thought he was terrrible today. Still not sold he is an NFL QB.

Orton is consistant with the way he plays. He completes a million short passes and is totally innacurate past 5-7 yards. It is what it is. I don't think we will win in the long run with him playing this way, but I wouldn't blame him for today's loss. Rashied Davis and Olsen didn't make his job very easy with their drive killing plays. Vasher is another guy who is starting to piss me off.

Exactly, Ortons inability to go down field doomed us.

Just to add a little something to Ortons terrible play:

Jerry Azumah and Jim Miller are reporting on Bears Postgame Live on Comcast SportsNet that Kyle Orton checked out of an original run call to Forte on 3rd and 1 and into that quick-out to Booker.

Yippee. Our QB situation still sucks.

I hope thats not true

Ron Turner had a tremendous first half of play calling. He got overly conservative in the 2nd half but I have to give him some credit to why the Bears had the lead in the first place. Therefor, as dumb as things were I can't put all the blame on him. Plus, I am curious as to how involved in the 3rd and 1 play call he truly was (did Orton check out of a play or did Orton actually call that screen pass). The 4th down play was horrendous as well (I just don't believe in handing to a guy in a huge situation unless its a guy you typically count on...ie Forte).

Greg Olsen was horrendous. Those two fumbles directly lead to Panther points. They also prevented Bears points (especially in the case of the 1st fumble). Without those mistakes, Bears walk away with the win. Therefor Olsen is the first guy I blame.

The second guy is Kyle Orton. He was absolutely horrendous in the second half. I've long said if he can hit the intermediate route, we'll be alright at QB. The problem is he has yet to ever show me he can hit a guy downfield. He missed at least 5 wide open 15 yard passes and than made about 5 more boneheaded downfield passes. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for a game or two, but if he can't hit wide open guys in the 15-30 yard range, he can't be quarterbacking.

Expect to see more teams completely cram the first 10 yards of the field daring the Bears to go deep. The Bears have no deep threats and Orton is a horrible deep passer so we'll inevitably see a very low yards per pass percentage.

We out-rushed and passed the Panthers. Converted 40% of our 3rd downs and had no turnovers attributed to the QB. Yes, Ron Turner is a jackass for at least not running on that last 3rd and 1. He doesn't lose his job for that, even though he has done that before. This game comes down to penalties and Olsen, period.

There was the one bomb to Booker. However he threw a deep ball where Lloyd was underneath and the corner had everything over the top. If Orton was good he'd have underthrown that deep ball and Lloyd would have had an easy reception. Orton should watch tape of Eli/Plaxico who do a tremendous job of that.

Oh and I must say, Lloyd was impressive. He was catching everything (including some tough catches where he bailed out Orton).

We out-rushed and passed the Panthers. Converted 40% of our 3rd downs and had no turnovers attributed to the QB. Yes, Ron Turner is a jackass for at least not running on that last 3rd and 1. He doesn't lose his job for that, even though he has done that before. This game comes down to penalties and Olsen, period.

Orton audibled out of a running play and called the quick screen. Blame him, not Turner for that particular play.

I hope thats not true

As reported by Chicago Tribune.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...,5171157.column

Sorry bro. Orton is terrible and apparently stupid as well.

true that Olsen was bad with the 2 fumbles, but we still had a chance.

Hope Lovie is ready to start answering those QB questions all over again.

As reported by Chicago Tribune.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...,5171157.column

Sorry bro. Orton is terrible and apparently stupid as well.

true that Olsen was bad with the 2 fumbles, but we still had a chance.

Hope Lovie is ready to start answering those QB questions all over again.

Dont have to apologize to me, Im a Grossman guy, but I was impressed by Kyles managing. But this is bad.

Dont have to apologize to me, Im a Grossman guy, but I was impressed by Kyles managing. But this is bad.

I feel Orton is much smarter on the field and he obviously out-smarted himself. The quick out was working all day and I hated the call but I won't kill Orton for it. That said, Orton almost seemed to be audible happy today. It was as if he thought he was Peyton Manning.