Expectations

madlithuanian

I really don't know what to make of this club anymore.

I just feel that the coaching, the iuneptness on offense, and the lack of adaptability on D is a death knell. THe only shining star of the team is ST, and even Gould managed to botch a kick. Have the planets now lined up agasint this team? Did Lovie sell his sould to get to the SB?

I'm just at a loss.

From here on out, my expectations are rock bottom. We may start games great and roll into the 4th quarter w/ a 30 point lead, and I'll still be thinking, "Is that enough?" I initlally thought this team would go 6-10 from the pre-season. After the Colts game, I adjusted that to one up since we stole that game to 7-9. Now, I'm droppping it back down to 6-10. This team just does not seem to have what it takes to be a top team in the NFL. It's the staff and the personnell.

1. Ownership - McCaskeys...please sell. C'mon, we need a real owner that cares about winning more than lining their coffers.

2. GM - He can find diamonds in haystacks on D, but is so suspect on O. Granted, Forte looks great. But doesn't the exception make the rule?

3. HC - Lovie just doesn't get it. He looks like a deer in headlights. And now with his lack of emotion, he even makes Jauron look like Tony LIttle! Ciminy, Mr. Spock has nore emotion than Smith!

4. OC - The roller coaster ride is over. TOo many down, not enough up's. Poor adjustments, inisisting on fitting square pegs in round holes, and just bad play calling are killing this team. Enough already.

5. DC- Babich...Leave this team, leave this city please! You are a plague on this franchise! If not for the sheer talent on the D, we'd be getting blown out by teams like the Rams.

6. ST - Toub, you may do what you wish, you are an asset to this Franchise.

7. QB - Please wake me up when we actually have one.

8. WR - Unless we have a QB, we'll never know what we have at WR. But can we try for Boldin when he becomes a FA in a years or 2? By then, hopefully the rookie we draft at QB will be ready to take it to the next level.

9. RB - Ok, maybe we got this one right. Forte is a pleasure to watch play.

10. FB- Can we get a decent one that doesn't make dumb penalties,etc... If we just want to punch one in the end zone from the 1 inch line, why not just put Dusty in?

11. TE- Overall I like our guys. I think the last few weeks were anomolies...

12. OL - We need better and younger.

13. DL - If Tommie's hurt, freakin' rest him already. We have more DT's than a Costco bag of jelly beans... We also need to draft an edge rusher. Brown shows up once in a while as does Wale. I don't even know what Anderson does anymore.

14. LB's - I love Hunter, but he gets burned more often than kid playing with a broken lighter. He';s slow, and I fear getting old fgast. We need a replacement soon. Also, we need to get some better back-ups behind Urlacher/Briggs.

15. CB's - Heck, I really can't complain here at all.

16. S - I love Mike Brown, but we need to prepare of life without him and get someone good to play with him. This is as big a hole on this club as any... Is Steltz a bust already?

17. P - Time to let Maynard go. Draft a kid in the 7th and sign him. Too much loot on a guy that no longer is as consistent.

18. K - Robbie missed on last week, but on any given Sunday, I'll take him over just about any kicker to make the big kick.

19. PR/KR - Devin, you are the man. Rest up, and go do your job when you're ready.

Changing the punter is really the least of my worries... Just brought it up because over the past 2 seasons, his output has been potty. For every good coffin corner kick like yesterday you get short footed boots like we saw in CAR.

It's really not enough money to worry about in all honesty. But, I think we should be brining a new one in every year until we find the replacement... Maynard isn't getting any younger.

Last time i checked punters like Maynard don't grow on trees.

Drafting one doesn't mean it's all better.

Thanks MadLith, Great detox post! :dabears

1. Ownership - McCaskeys...please sell. C'mon, we need a real owner that cares about winning more than lining their coffers.

Agreed.

Mccaskey_bears_sll.jpg

2. GM - He can find diamonds in haystacks on D, but is so suspect on O. Granted, Forte looks great. But doesn't the exception make the rule?

Patrick_drool.jpg

3. HC - Lovie just doesn't get it. He looks like a deer in headlights. And now with his lack of emotion, he even makes Jauron look like Tony LIttle!

tony_little_antelope.jpg

Ciminy, Mr. Spock has nore emotion than Smith!

spock_ponders.jpg

4. OC - The roller coaster ride is over. TOo many down, not enough up's. Poor adjustments, inisisting on fitting square pegs in round holes, and just bad play calling are killing this team. Enough already.

5. DC- Babich...Leave this team, leave this city please! You are a plague on this franchise! If not for the sheer talent on the D, we'd be getting blown out by teams like the Rams.

This applies to both deadbeats:

mr-burns-wallpaper.gif

6. ST - Toub, you may do what you wish, you are an asset to this Franchise.

Can someone please promise him he will be the next HC in line if Lovie falters?!?

...assuming Cower is busy. ;)

7. QB - Please wake me up when we actually have one.

Caleb_Haine.jpg

Can someone be brought in to help his development? :chair ..we'll wake you if they do...

To be fair to the players, the same fact applies to ALL positions that preparation and implementation begins with management flows to staff and guides the players and how their efforts integrate for the team effort and subsequent result. Hey guys, it's a boat, flip it over, THEN get in. :rolleyes:

Great added pictures Clenched!

Classic! :P

Thanks MadLith, Great detox post! :dabears

Agreed.

Mccaskey_bears_sll.jpg

Patrick_drool.jpg

tony_little_antelope.jpg

spock_ponders.jpg

This applies to both deadbeats:

mr-burns-wallpaper.gif

Can someone please promise him he will be the next HC in line if Lovie falters?!?

...assuming Cower is busy. ;)

Caleb_Haine.jpg

Can someone be brought in to help his development? :chair ..we'll wake you if they do...

To be fair to the players, the same fact applies to ALL positions that preparation and implementation begins with management flows to staff and guides the players and how their efforts integrate for the team effort and subsequent result. Hey guys, it's a boat, flip it over, THEN get in. :rolleyes:

We will be drafting Top10 i think we take James "animal" Larenitius (sp)

Laurenitis is a soft LB- that might be his #1 weakness. We have a stud LB, Jamar Williams, waiting. He caught Dexter Jackson yesterday from behind- a smaller yet quick Briggs.

I think we have to go QB in the 1st if we have a top 8-10 pick. Bradford, Stafford, and Sanchez all may go pro, and I doubt all 3 go right away before us. I've watched Sanchez every game this year and I don't exactly see a weakness in him.

You will get no complaint from me going QB in R1...

Laurenitis is a soft LB- that might be his #1 weakness. We have a stud LB, Jamar Williams, waiting. He caught Dexter Jackson yesterday from behind- a smaller yet quick Briggs.

I think we have to go QB in the 1st if we have a top 8-10 pick. Bradford, Stafford, and Sanchez all may go pro, and I doubt all 3 go right away before us. I've watched Sanchez every game this year and I don't exactly see a weakness in him.

NO WAY!!!! A QB in the first? ACK!!!! IAM GONNA HURL!!!!!!! :chair

I didn't expect the Bears to be very good at all this year. I thought somewhere between 5-8 wins is where they'd fall. Unless somebody puts together a breakout season on offense like Kyle Orton or B Lloyd, were going to be right back to where we were last year, maybe with a win or two more. This is Orton's audition to show the Bears what he's got. If he has a great season, in all likely hood we'll resign him and keep him in our long term plan. If he struggles and ends up doing poorly we'll get rid of him and draft a quarterback within the first 2 rounds next year.

3. HC - Lovie just doesn't get it. He looks like a deer in headlights. And now with his lack of emotion, he even makes Jauron look like Tony LIttle! Ciminy, Mr. Spock has nore emotion than Smith!

#1 - Why would or should the McCaskey's sell? They are making money.

#2 - No disrespect to you but I hate, hate, hate this argument. So you would be ok with the team losing if Lovie showed emotion like Ditka??? The emotion he shows on the sideline has zero, zip, nada impact on the play on the field. I'll take a Tom Landry or Bud Grant over a Marty Morningwig any day. My point, I want a coach who puts his team in position to win - period.

Peace :dabears

#2 - No disrespect to you but I hate, hate, hate this argument. So you would be ok with the team losing if Lovie showed emotion like Ditka??? The emotion he shows on the sideline has zero, zip, nada impact on the play on the field. I'll take a Tom Landry or Bud Grant over a Marty Morningwig any day. My point, I want a coach who puts his team in position to win - period.

I'll disagree with you all day on that. What do you call 1 win and two 4th quarter leads? Thats position to win. Lovie should be in that defense's ass. No heart and no pride.

I'll disagree with you all day on that. What do you call 1 win and two 4th quarter leads? Thats position to win. Lovie should be in that defense's ass. No heart and no pride.

I'll agree he should be all over their arses but I don't need to see it. Ultiimately if the team doesn't win, Lovie should be fired. Screaming like an idiot at the team on the sidelines has nothing to do with how the team plays. It only satifisfies some base need some fans have for their coach to show emotion - nothing else.

I'm just wondering if you hang out in the Bears locker room or attend practices and meetings with the Bears everyday? For all we know, Lovie chews out his players/team in private. And I think that's a better move then bitching to the media like other coaches do.

I'll agree he should be all over their arses but I don't need to see it. Ultiimately if the team doesn't win, Lovie should be fired. Screaming like an idiot at the team on the sidelines has nothing to do with how the team plays. It only satifisfies some base need some fans have for their coach to show emotion - nothing else.

Agreed, it is very entertaining and I must admit I enjoyed Ditka's antics and Cower's spit and fire on the sidelines. However, many a coach who showed little emotion on the sidelines were very successful. Does Dungy show any more emotion than Lovie? Was Landry vocal on the field? Belichick is certainly not very animated. The list is long.

Agreed, it is very entertaining and I must admit I enjoyed Ditka's antics and Cower's spit and fire on the sidelines. However, many a coach who showed little emotion on the sidelines were very successful. Does Dungy show any more emotion than Lovie? Was Landry vocal on the field? Belichick is certainly not very animated. The list is long.

People need to realize a lot of players don't respond well to getting yelled at like little children. Do some situations call for some tough love? Of course, but being animated for every little thing like some coaches are isn't going to due much good, and in fact, could cause the players to turn on you.

I would bet anyone that Lovie shows plently emotion when his team has a real shitty practice or something of that sort. I had a coach before who would go on these rampages during games and would yell his head off, and this did exactly the opposite of lighting a fire under the players. Needless to say, under that coach, we didn't do very good.

...I personally think we now draft a damn QB every first round until we bloddy well get it right once. It's obscene how pitiful we are that spot. We can get the rest in later rounds and FA... We've shown we can do that, we have not proven we can do that w/ a QB.

You bet Iam, No way a first rounder spent on a QB, We need O line then Safety and LB, QB is last on the list. Pick one up in FA. If not then keep what we have. According to 88 we already God at QB on the Bench.

#1 - A man can dream...or win the Lotto and offer an absurd amount of cash...

#2. Sorry you hate the argument, but I think there's something to it. Look, Joe Gibbs was pretty soft spoken...but you could see him get fired up on the sidelines and express some serious dissatisfction. I've even seen it from Dungy. Yet, Lovie, almost never. How are you 100% certain emotion doesn't play a factor? Isn't the game run on emotion in a lot of ways? Didn't Delhomme's reaction to Brigg's hit spark that team somehow? I'm sure a tirade by Parcells or Lombardi made a difference in a few games. Comparing Grant and Landy to Morningwig is just silliness. They're not even in the same league. How about compare them to Parcells or Lombardi? I'd take Landry anyday, but doesn't the exception make the rule? Football coaches tend to be a firey lot... Why to you think the stereotype in movies is such? I dislike our coach because he's not putting us in a position to win and he doesn't seem to care. I'm just calling him out on showing a lack of emotion/concern in the form of stoicism... Rattle me off the SB winning coaches and far more had fire in their bellies than the opposite...

Pix, I think the list is longer in the other direction... Bottom line, not everyone has to have a complete meltdown tirade, but they express some serious emotion and dislike to what's going on... I don't see it in the least from Lovie, and as a Bears fan, it's disappointing to say the least.

Has there ever been a lick of proof that Lovie does that at practice? Not saying he doesn't, but all I hear about is country club Lovie...

People need to realize a lot of players don't respond well to getting yelled at like little children. Do some situations call for some tough love? Of course, but being animated for every little thing like some coaches are isn't going to due much good, and in fact, could cause the players to turn on you.

I would bet anyone that Lovie shows plently emotion when his team has a real shitty practice or something of that sort. I had a coach before who would go on these rampages during games and would yell his head off, and this did exactly the opposite of lighting a fire under the players. Needless to say, under that coach, we didn't do very good.