Observations

Connorbear

1 - Anthony Adams is much, much better than Dusty. Next yr, he should be starting.

2 - Manning is playing much better at nickle now that he is the kick returner. Maybe he needed some success on the field to give him confidence on defense.

3 - We need an actual free safety. Brown and Payne are both SS.

4 - Lloyd made a nice catch but also made a crucial drop. He needs to go. We need 2 to 3 new wrs in the rotation next yr.

5 - Robbie Gould is worth every penny he is paid. He set a Bears record yesterday with 3 consecutive 100 point seasons.

6 - Keep throwing the deep ball to Hester. Alot more goog can happen than bad.

7 - Alex Brown loves those back up tackles. On the SCORE they were saying he would be the defensive player of the yr every year in the CFL as all the NFL tackle rejects end up there. Props to him on a good game.

9 - Props to Url. That was his best game since last yr.

Peace :dabears

1. Agreed. I have a friend that's a huge SF fan (poor guy...), that was saying he was really good and didn't get a fair shake in SF. He thought he'd be a perfect fit in Chicago. I think he's right... Dusty is dust...

2. Agreed. I don't think he's top tier by any means, but as a nickel, he's starting to get it. Now that the staff isn't playing musical position with the guy, he seems to be getting more and more confortable each week.

3. Yep. Can we not move Brown to SS, keep Payne as back-up, and move Peanut to FS?

4. Yeah, the one year experiment is over... Test is negative. We needs TJ or similar and someone in the draft with the top 3 picks. Or, hey, what about the kid we already have? ;)

5. Bingo! Good as Gould!

6. Yes! A few of us have been screaming that "go" routes must be run by Hester on a fairly consistent basis! Uh, coaching staff...please utilize the talents of your players, don't fit square pegs in round holes please...

7. Heck, every starting DE in the NFL loves back-up tackles!

8. He did play one of his better games. However, it wasn't phenomenal. He did lose his pants on the P. Thomas mega-run... I still expect far more. Even with bad scheming.

1 - Anthony Adams is much, much better than Dusty. Next yr, he should be starting.

2 - Manning is playing much better at nickle now that he is the kick returner. Maybe he needed some success on the field to give him confidence on defense.

4 - Lloyd made a nice catch but also made a crucial drop. He needs to go. We need 2 to 3 new wrs in the rotation next yr.

5 - Robbie Gould is worth every penny he is paid. He set a Bears record yesterday with 3 consecutive 100 point seasons.

7 - Alex Brown loves those back up tackles. On the SCORE they were saying he would be the defensive player of the yr every year in the CFL as all the NFL tackle rejects end up there. Props to him on a good game.

I still don't see a consistent pass rush up the middle. I see our DEs coming around off the edge fairly often only to watch the QB step up in the pocket. There's a reason Tommie sat out practice lately (again).

I was very happy to see the energy and passion the D played with. We can all see gaps in performance (see above) but still as a unit they have been playing hard the last few games. I know we give up big plays here and there but overall this is much more fun to watch that when we sat back and kept everything in front of us. We give up a 15 yard gain but then Alex Brown stuffs a RB for a 4 yard loss. I see stunts!

Dusty played well at the beginning of the year but he wore down. We forget he just came back from having his knee repaired and I don't think he was up for a full season. The coaches should have recognized this sooner and made him inactive weeks ago and started Adams. It's not like Adams is an unknown quantity, he played well for us last year. Another one of those coaching decisions that make me wonder why I can't earn $4.5 million/yr.

I absolutely agree on the need for a FS. This type of defense needs a great safety at one of the positions. Take Polamolu out of Pitts D and it's not the same. Take Bob Sanders out of Indy's D and it's dramatically different. Ed Reed in Baltimore? Mike Brown out of Chicago's D years ago?

How bad do Lloyd, Davis, and Booker have to be for Bennett to get on the field? I can't imagine that Bennett is worse than what we've seen lately. Even if he is, at least he's should have an arrow that is pointing up and I'd rather see what he can do.

1 He looked horible during the pre-season games and I swore he was wearing roller skates as they pushed him back. Now he's a stud !

2 He's finally playing like the guy we hoped he'd be when Bears drafted him.

3 They say in Lovie's D it's not a necessity but you just might be on to something.

4 If he needs to go make sure Rashied Davis goes with him !!

5 Robbie "SOLID" Gould

6 Burners strike fear in the minds of defensive coordinators and defenses. Hester go deep on 2 ready break !!!

7 A Brown eats up backup OT's like I do M&M's after a six pack and 5-6 shots of whiskey. He's a pretty good all around DE.

8 Brian is playing well coming down the home stretch much like he did last yr and that's a good thing !!!

Last year, I actually thought Adams was our best, or at least most consistent, DL. No, I am not saying he is more talented than the rest, but I just felt he was the most consistent of the group, which is why it made me sick he was never given a real shot at the starting lineup this year. I think many forget. Adams was actually a pretty highly touted draft prospect, and part of a solid college DL. After going to SF, they changed schemes and went to a 3-4, which he was never a good fit. Since coming to us, I like the way he has played, and hope the team gives him a chance after this year. He may not be much attacking the QB, but he can stuff the run, and helps collapse the pocket.

To be honest, I have not noticed this. What I have noticed is the return capability. I wonder if he can field punts too.

I think this is old news to most fans, but for some reason, our staff believes the safety positions are interchangable, and in-the-box safeties can play centerfield.

Yep. We need a total infusion of talent at the WR position.

It just doesn't seem like that long ago we were like 50% in FGs. Thursday night, when he had the FG in overtime, I sat there with confidence, which is just a great feeling.

What I really liked was how it changed how NO started to scheme against us. Unfortunately, we never adjusted to the weaker box.

Funny. Seriously though, Brown has always been the type to have a group of very good games, but also disappears for long stretches.

I think part of the reason he is playing better is Adams. Warren Sapp pointed out how, w/ Dusty in there, teams were too easily getting blockers to the 2nd level. W/ Scott in there, Urlacher is finding more space to play in. That is key for most LBs, but particularly for Urlacher.

Agreed somewhat. I think Dusty has been effective, but worn down. A rotation would be great. Our staff is clueless when it comes to keeping players fresh.

I don't think he is really good in coverage, but he is so athletic it allows him to make plays. I really like him blitzing.

I really think Tillman would be an all-pro safety. He's really faster than his timed speed, aggressive, a good nose for the ball and capable of adding more size without risk of losing straightline speed. At some point you'd think the staff would realize his value may be greater elsewhere. Side note: What do we do with Brown? He's "knock on wood" played every game and a FA this off season. Does he have anything left? IMO - he does, but definately at SS where he tends to injure more readily. Thoughts anyone??

Lloyd's a Primadona without the Prima. A #1 reciever is an enormous need for us next year. It's also the biggest gamble a team can make. That's why I would put it 2nd behind OL.

Nuf said.

Agreed. Hester is proving to be a weapon. Not a very good reciver yet, but he draws a crowd out of necessity.

It seems a lot of defenders run hot and cold like that. Don't we get a new hero or goat on a consistent basis.

Not a bad game for him.

I agree with most of your points except Lloyd, who has done a good job when healthy this season and is our most polished reciever just wish he was tougher/faster. Davis runs nice route, gets open only to drop first downs and needs to step aside for Bennett / Rideau. Devin is looking better every week. I would also add I can't stand the bad decisions being made by this coaching staff so they need to go!

I don't know why Bennett cannot see the field. Surely, his hands are better than Davis'. We need an inside WR that's not afraid of going across the middle on 3rd down, taking the hit and moving the chains.

Our coaching staff have played almost every guy on the D side of the ball. They know what everyone can, and cannot, do in game situations for the D. On the O side it seems as thought decisions were made in TC and that is that, come hell or high water. I think we all have been frustrated with the lack of any kind of attempt to check out different guys, WRs and some of the OLs. And with the total lack of production from the WRs, you'd think they's take a look see, now wouldn't ya? :banghead

What I really liked was how it changed how NO started to scheme against us. Unfortunately, we never adjusted to the weaker box.

I noticed that too, and I thought, "Turner...does this guy ever learn?"