Cutler

Boston Boxer

I read in another thread this idea for getting Cutler, Mark Sanchez falls to #12 (Denver's Pick) and we make the offer of Orton, the #18 pick to Denver. I would also add Urlacher at this point, who may be the face of the franchise however, it may be time for Urlacher to move on. Plus I would also be willing to throw in a conditional 2010 draft pick that may get as high as a second round and maybe no worse than a fifth round depending on Cutler's performance in 2009. We may not have all the pieces to completely get the puzzle done before the draft however, Angelo needs to provide some proof to the fans that he is not full of crap and all talk. Action speak louder than words and so far his words smell pretty bad. Angelo should be on the phone daily with Denver to see what it may take and to work on with Denver to facilitate a trade between the teams that both will be happy with and helps both. Until that happens Angelo is just another lying figure head.

I would like that! Sanchez does come from the same program Cassell did. Problem for me is that we need help on the Oline bad. Maybe Loadhardt would be there in the 2nd. Then if we sign Holt the Offense would look pretty good. Only thing is i don't see JA doing any of this. I think he will play it very conservative and not spend big money, because that is what it is going to take to get something like this done. There is always 1 common thing among teams that win year in and year out and that's having a stud QB.

I sure would not mind buying a Cutler Bears #6 uni!!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like that! Sanchez does come from the same program Cassell did. Problem for me is that we need help on the Oline bad. Maybe Loadhardt would be there in the 2nd. Then if we sign Holt the Offense would look pretty good. Only thing is i don't see JA doing any of this. I think he will play it very conservative and not spend big money, because that is what it is going to take to get something like this done. There is always 1 common thing among teams that win year in and year out and that's having a stud QB.

I sure would not mind buying a Cutler Bears #6 uni!!!

A lot of people on here think other teams want some of our players. I think the only ones they would consider is Briggs or Harris and a first round and maybe another draft pick. The problem is several teams will want him so that drives up the price. Fantasy football starts in 5 months. He will be very costly will probably takes our Bears out of the picture.

Some of these trade possibities that are being proposed are interesting but,Im not so sure that a deal couldn't get done if the Bears gave up a 3rd rounder and a starting DE like Ogunleye. I wouldn't give up the first rounder unless I got Denver's 2nd in return.With that being said these head coaches whose reputations have grown because of their associations with star QBs is just hilarious.Holmgren and Shanahan had Montana.Mariucci,Gruden and Reid had Farve.Charlie Weiss had Tom Brady and now Josh Mc Danials has Matt Cassel a one year wonder who hasn't even reached the playoffs.So what does he do.He gets his new gig and immediately pisses off his Pro Bowl QB by trying to bring in a guy who he was familar with at NE.If I'm a rookie HC the first guy I'm trying to get on the same page with is my star QB.This is that NE arrogance.How's Charlie Weiss done with out Brady?How is Crennel done without Bruschi,Seymour and the rest of that bunch?Unless you are getting Belicheck who is running the show in NE ther rest of those guys gone along for the ride.I really want to see what the new Denver HC does without all those great players on the Patriots roster who made things easier for all backup players to step up their game when they are called upon to play.

Well obviously you dont like the Patriots, but Chicago would not know a well run organization if their life depended on it. But anyway, NE was 11-5, so to the statement about being a one year wonder and not even makeing the playoff is stupid. 11-5 should get you into the playoffs, it was just the way the division played out...but 11-5 is a damn good team. The other assistant coaches who you mentioned with NE are a stretch as well. Weis went to a struggling college program and he has brought them to with in 1 maybe 2 years of being in the top 10 year after year. So i think he has done a great job. Crennel went to the Browns. The Browns suck and have not been relavent in any football conversation since Bernie Kosar was QB. No one can turn the Browns around. So being a NE basher is fine, but saying they dont produce quality coaching is wrong. We would not know anything about a well run organization or a quality coaching staff in Chicago because we have not had one for many, many years. Don't hate, appriciate