St Clair visiting Cleveland

Stinger226

Cleveland could pull a brain fart like Minny when they shelled out big bucks for Berrian and outbid the Bears for St Clair. I hope JA does not over pay for JSC to return. I would like to resign him but I do not want to over pay for the guy. There are still FAs available and I am sure there will be a stud ORT in the draft at position 18.

Unless they stupid with money and are only offering him a swing tackle job, then he will be back here tuesday. Who the hell would pick Cleveland over Chicago?

It's not about the city or the team. It's all about who will pay you the most these days. If he goes to thr Browns they will be sick if they pay him alot of money and they still suck....which is what they are going to do anyway. They lost like five starters already to FA

The Bengals are "actively" working to trade LT Levi Jones, according to the Chicago Sun Times.

Jones has knee and back problems, a pricey contract, and turns 30 in 2009.

Cleveland could pull a brain fart like Minny when they shelled out big bucks for Berrian and outbid the Bears for St Clair. I hope JA does not over pay for JSC to return. I would like to resign him but I do not want to over pay for the guy. There are still FAs available and I am sure there will be a stud ORT in the draft at position 18.

Looking back, I don't really know that you could make the case that Minny's offer for Berrian was a brain fart. The guy contributed more than any of the FA wr's last year and overall did a very good job despite having no one to throw him the ball.

Read in the Trib we only offered him a 3 yr 4.5 million dollar deal. I thought it was a 3 yr 14 to 16 million deal. I would think that leaves us a little room to negotiate up with him. I can't imagine Cleveland blowing the doors off for him.

Peace :dabears

Read in the Trib we only offered him a 3 yr 4.5 million dollar deal. I thought it was a 3 yr 14 to 16 million deal. I would think that leaves us a little room to negotiate up with him. I can't imagine Cleveland blowing the doors off for him.

Peace :dabears

More importantly, the SCORE this morning seemed to indicate that St. Clair would be a back-up in Cleveland. Which makes me wonder:

1. Why would they pay that much for a 32 year old back-up

2. With just a few years left in his career, why would he want to ride the bench?

My guess is this is a negotiating tactic on his part. It's like he's determined the Bears pay him just a little bit more money before he signs.

Very likely indeed. A good agent knows he must have another bidder to increase the price. It seems to me your thought makes sense since the word is Cleveland only wants him as a backup. St Clair has to face the fact there was no market for him other than the Bears and that is where he is most likely to get the playing time he wants. He can wait until after the draft too when some team could only find a late round OT and want StClair for competition. But at that point he's not likely to get much of a contract. This late in FA is basically the scrap heap where guys are just hoping they can find a job for next year.

Ya, I se the Trib saying 3yrs 4M but that just doesn't make sense. There is no way another team in the NFL wouldn't offer more than that for St. Clair. I have to believe that it would be 3yrs 12M, but maybe I'm wrong. 3yrs 4M would be an awesome deal for a guy that could provide such great depth at both guard and tackle (both tackle spots).

I agree with the eariler post that the Browns aee him as a backup and not a starter. So to me .....and I know he sees this as well that if I want to really play and start then the best place is with the Bears. He is making the visit to the Browns a ploy for the Bears to offer him a little bit more money. A threeyear deal at 4.5 Mil is kinda cheap to me as well when you just gave the new guy more than that.