Holt to Jags - Who do we get now?

WhiteyBear

From Rotoworld:

Jaguars signed WR Torry Holt to a three-year, $20 million contract, according to NFL Network's Steve Wyche.

He chose the Jags over the Titans. The Bears, Giants, and Eagles never showed interest. Holt, 33, is coming off his worst season and will be playing on grass for the first time in his career in a run-heavy offense. He's a poor bet to match his 2008 numbers (64-796-3), although Holt is an upgrade over the Jags' current receivers. He's likely projected to start opposite Mike Walker, with Dennis Northcutt in the slot. The draft, of course, could change that.

I can't believe the Bears were not interested. Who do we sign now? I bet we could get Ocho Cinco for a 2nd rounder. What do you think?

Well, at this point, here's jhoping the best of his year are well behind him. If he's not with us, he's agasint us!

I think we stand pat and draft. And maybe bring in a vet afterwards or after cuts...

I'm still all for getting Marvin harrison at this point, but I think we're OK waiting on the draft.

Here's hoping Jay can find the magic in Bennett!

From Rotoworld:

Jaguars signed WR Torry Holt to a three-year, $20 million contract, according to NFL Network's Steve Wyche.

He chose the Jags over the Titans. The Bears, Giants, and Eagles never showed interest. Holt, 33, is coming off his worst season and will be playing on grass for the first time in his career in a run-heavy offense. He's a poor bet to match his 2008 numbers (64-796-3), although Holt is an upgrade over the Jags' current receivers. He's likely projected to start opposite Mike Walker, with Dennis Northcutt in the slot. The draft, of course, could change that.

I can't believe the Bears were not interested. Who do we sign now? I bet we could get Ocho Cinco for a 2nd rounder. What do you think?

From Rotoworld:

Has anyone noticed that JA more and more seems to be a man of his word? Immediately after the season, JA said he wasn't that concerned about the WR's, but he was worried about solidifying the QB position. (DONE! . . . hopefully)

I've stated before that we seem mainly interested in letting Olsen, Bennett, & Hester develop. Considering those 3 consists of a #1, #2, #3 draft pick, and we're likely to add another #2 . . .

Look for us to give Kellen Davis more time at TE while playing Olsen a ton as the slot receiver.

We now get to choose between D.J. Hackett, Mike Fuerry, or Jerry Porter. Wow

I'd love to see us get Hackett. He has the ability to stretch the field, and he could be a #1 if he ever stayed healthy long enough.

Fuerry wouldn't be a bad player to add for depth.

Porter can go to hell. Ass-buckets need not apply.

Maybe. But would adding him deter one of our young WR's from developing into a stud?

No. There are still plenty of opportunities for Hester and Bennett as #2 guys right now. The Bears have more than enough room for another WR. And it's very rare for a WR to come in and be ready to make a big impact early in his rookie season.

Hopefully one of them does develop and it won't matter, but adding a guy doesn't prevent it right now.

Only one good thing about this... it likely eliminates the Jags as a team that would draft a WR before 49. I'm still holding out hope for one of Harvin, Nicks, or Britt. If one of them falls, or even if we trade up, one of them would make a very happy man.

Has anyone noticed that JA more and more seems to be a man of his word? Immediately after the season, JA said he wasn't that concerned about the WR's, but he was worried about solidifying the QB position. (DONE! . . . hopefully)

I've stated before that we seem mainly interested in letting Olsen, Bennett, & Hester develop. Considering those 3 consists of a #1, #2, #3 draft pick, and we're likely to add another #2 . . .

Look for us to give Kellen Davis more time at TE while playing Olsen a ton as the slot receiver.

Sounds like a plan. JA was able to upgrade QB and now we will see what we actually have on the team. I still see him drafting a WR anywhere from 2 to 4 but our receivers need a chance to develop.

Peace :dabears

Only one good thing about this... it likely eliminates the Jags as a team that would draft a WR before 49. I'm still holding out hope for one of Harvin, Nicks, or Britt. If one of them falls, or even if we trade up, one of them would make a very happy man.

What about Robiskie? I doubt we'd take Harvin with his issues but I like the idea. Nicks worked out recently with the Ravens and his hands were awful and he was out of shape. Britt would be nice but his character issues are similar to Brandon Marshall's coming out and now Marshall's blew up.

Britt has virtually no character concerns and those have been drastically out of proportion. Ask any Rutgers fan or anyone who's meet him, and they'll tell how good of a guy he is.

Robiskie, I forgot, but I'd still prefer any of the 3 over him.

Harvin, while he does have the concerns, if he's there at 49, I doub't we'd pass him up. Picking him at 49 is no where the risk is of picking him at 18.

Nicks, he's just a very solid player.

Yeah, that is a good thing. Someone should fall to us in the 2nd.