Boldin

Guest TerraTor

Guest TerraTor

Is there any way trading our second and another round pick isnt a no-brainer. 1st off, past Robiski, i dont see the WR at 49 to be worth much of anything. Boldin has like 4 years left of production and a with a great QB, the rest of our bums will probably be 100x better. I think we take the absolute best player available then at 99 and fill our holes with the late rounds. And for god sakes draft a FB, Sutherland would be my choice....

If it's anything more than our 2nd Rd pick I'll pass and I'm not even that high on giving that up. Boldin's antics last year during a Superbowl run were childish. On top of that I don't like his BS attitude toward his contract situation given that the Cards gave him a new deal after just two seasons and then he threw them under the bus for it. Of course that puts him in the same club as guys like Urlacher. If his contract demand was in the $7-8mil/yr range I'd be more interested but not at $9mil/yr. He's not the same player he used to be (slower and more drops) and he won't have the wide open offense and good weather he had in AZ to produce big numbers. He'd make our WR corps better without a doubt but I just think that cost is a bit too high for what he'll bring.

If it's anything more than our 2nd Rd pick I'll pass and I'm not even that high on giving that up. Boldin's antics last year during a Superbowl run were childish. On top of that I don't like his BS attitude toward his contract situation given that the Cards gave him a new deal after just two seasons and then he threw them under the bus for it. Of course that puts him in the same club as guys like Urlacher. If his contract demand was in the $7-8mil/yr range I'd be more interested but not at $9mil/yr. He's not the same player he used to be (slower and more drops) and he won't have the wide open offense and good weather he had in AZ to produce big numbers. He'd make our WR corps better without a doubt but I just think that cost is a bit too high for what he'll bring.

So you're saying that someone we draft in the 2nd round will be able to give us 90 catches, 1000+ yards, and 10+TD's next year? Because that's what Boldin brings.

Guest TerraTor
So you're saying that someone we draft in the 2nd round will be able to give us 90 catches, 1000+ yards, and 10+TD's next year? Because that's what Boldin brings.

exactly... well draft a guy and hell sit on the bench under our well studied "reshirt" policy

According to ESPN the Cards are now only asking for one 2nd round pick. Well if Robiskie is gone at that point, I say trade for Boldin. . .

With the rest of the draft- address the defensive backfield with the two 3rd rounders. After that go get a Defensive Tackle who can rush the passer and another O-liner.

As much as I would love to, we don't have the cap room, and apparently the rumors about a 2nd round pick are false anyway.

The latest I heard was we may offer Hester and our 2nd for Boldin, but thats coming from some guys I work with. As much as I love #23 and have invested in him, I'd still make it happen.

The thing that scares me is the financial rammifications and the fact that Boldin is very injury prone. I still would rally behind the move but at the same time historically speaking you can get burned by trading away too many picks because they are a cheap way to find needs and bring in youth which is a key in the NFL where players have such short NFL careers.

The latest I heard was we may offer Hester and our 2nd for Boldin, but thats coming from some guys I work with. As much as I love #23 and have invested in him, I'd still make it happen.

That is too much to offer. It would be one thing if it was like in baseball and moving Hester was basically removing his entire contracts from your books but I don't believe it really works that way. However, if it was Hester and a 4th or something like that I'd do it. Thats tough though to give up Hester and a high pick.

That's what Boldin brought to the AZ Cardinals who are a very pass happy team that happens to play indoors or if they open the roof in good weather. Boldin also has a guy named Fitzgerald who makes the secondary worry about a downfield threat and let Boldin run a bunch of short routes underneath the coverage. Devin Hester is not Larry Fitzgerald so Boldin is going to be the primary focus of the DBs and he's not running away from them anymore. He does still run through them which causes him to miss a lot of games every season. Perhaps you didn't notice that Steve Breaston who was their 3rd WR and who filled in when Boldin was hurt had 77 rec for 1000 yards. Is it the WR making all the yards or the QB and system?

+1

BearSox, we definitely have plenty of room under the cap to make this trade happen. I am not sure I would want to give up on Hester at this point either. One way or another Angelo needs to find the right combination that makes it too much for Arizona to pass up and we wind up with a receiver who still has plenty of upside left in his career and hopefully will mentor both Hester and Bennett. Imagine that we have already gotten a franchise QB and to get a very good receiver just giving up our #2 pick should be a no brainier if Arizona was serious about their demands changing for Boldin are some how legitimate.