At 99, it's Iglesias

Ed Hochuli 3:16

Well, you were right. I prefered Murphy but no denying that Iglesias has the ability to be a solid and productive player in this league. I like the move down in the draft even more because I think the Bears ended up getting good value at there first two selections and we should have good value available with our next pick.

He sounds exactly like Earl Bennett. How many #3 WR's does this team need? But we desperately needed a WR.

In reply also to the statement that Brandon Marshall is a #1 WR. It made me curious just what was said about Marshall when he was in the draft. No doubt Marshall is a very good WR but after reading this I'm even more curious to find out if the QB makes the WRs better. Aside from the obvious size difference I think Iglesias skill set matches up well with Marshall and it appears Iglesias is a better open field runner.

Here's a couple of Marshall's draft profiles:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/...ayers/2846.html

BIO: Full-time starter the past two seasons. Team.s leading receiver as a senior with 74/1,195/11. Junior totals included eight receptions for 84 yards, and he also spent time at safety during the second half of the season.

POSITIVES: King-sized possession wideout who may eventually develop into a tight end. Physical, outmuscles opponents and comes away with the reception. Consistently extends and catches the ball away from his frame. Offers the quarterback a nice target, has soft hands and plays with excellent body control. Adequate blocker downfield.

NEGATIVES: Overall game lacks quickness and speed. Marginal route-runner.

ANALYSIS: Displaying significant improvement as a senior, Marshall presents himself as a receiver used in third down or red-zone situations at the next level.

PROJECTION: Late Sixth Round

http://www.sportspool.com/football/draft/492.php

Brandon Marshall has excellent size and has shown a willingness to catch passes going into traffic. Brandon can take the hard hit and hold onto the ball or he can reach out and pluck the ball away from his body. He has the ability to use his body to cut-off/shield defenders from ball and make tough catches. When Marshall goes up aggressively, he has shown the hands to catch the high pass easily. He has the natural size and strength to be a strong runner after the catch when he runs aggressively. Brandon Marshall and can drag tacklers for extra yards after intial contact. He was Central Florida's go-to-receiver and learned to use his hands and strength to fight through jams well.

Brandon Marshall despite his great 40-time, Marshall does not show quickness, speed or explosiveness in routes. He has enough speed but in terms of quickness to the ball he struggles to get separation in routes because his routes. Not a great route runner, his routes are not sharp and he runs very upright. He does not have the playing speed to stretch the field and get separation on deep routes. Brandon Marshall does not have natural hands and he tends to allow easy passes into his body, fights the ball, and drops some passes he should catch.

In reply also to the statement that Brandon Marshall is a #1 WR. It made me curious just what was said about Marshall when he was in the draft. No doubt Marshall is a very good WR but after reading this I'm even more curious to find out if the QB makes the WRs better. Aside from the obvious size difference I think Iglesias skill set matches up well with Marshall and it appears Iglesias is a better open field runner.

Here's a couple of Marshall's draft profiles:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/...ayers/2846.html

BIO: Full-time starter the past two seasons. Team.s leading receiver as a senior with 74/1,195/11. Junior totals included eight receptions for 84 yards, and he also spent time at safety during the second half of the season.

POSITIVES: King-sized possession wideout who may eventually develop into a tight end. Physical, outmuscles opponents and comes away with the reception. Consistently extends and catches the ball away from his frame. Offers the quarterback a nice target, has soft hands and plays with excellent body control. Adequate blocker downfield.

NEGATIVES: Overall game lacks quickness and speed. Marginal route-runner.

ANALYSIS: Displaying significant improvement as a senior, Marshall presents himself as a receiver used in third down or red-zone situations at the next level.

PROJECTION: Late Sixth Round

http://www.sportspool.com/football/draft/492.php

Brandon Marshall has excellent size and has shown a willingness to catch passes going into traffic. Brandon can take the hard hit and hold onto the ball or he can reach out and pluck the ball away from his body. He has the ability to use his body to cut-off/shield defenders from ball and make tough catches. When Marshall goes up aggressively, he has shown the hands to catch the high pass easily. He has the natural size and strength to be a strong runner after the catch when he runs aggressively. Brandon Marshall and can drag tacklers for extra yards after intial contact. He was Central Florida's go-to-receiver and learned to use his hands and strength to fight through jams well.

Brandon Marshall despite his great 40-time, Marshall does not show quickness, speed or explosiveness in routes. He has enough speed but in terms of quickness to the ball he struggles to get separation in routes because his routes. Not a great route runner, his routes are not sharp and he runs very upright. He does not have the playing speed to stretch the field and get separation on deep routes. Brandon Marshall does not have natural hands and he tends to allow easy passes into his body, fights the ball, and drops some passes he should catch.

Thanks for the info.

I think we get down on some of our WR's too often, I'd like to see Marvin Harrison's profile as he has nothing special talent wise or size but he has solid hands and excellant route running.